Bohemia Interactive offers you Arma 3 as true combat gameplay in a massive military sandbox experience where a wide range of single and multiplayer modes are available. It includes over 20 vehicles, 40 weapons, unlimited opportunities for content creation, and authentic diverse war scenarios. Though the title has been doing pretty well in the gaming community, it looks like the game has some bugs, and the Arma 3 Can’t Save Game Progress issue is one of them.
There are plenty of reports claiming that plenty of players become unable to save the game progress data on the PC during the gameplay sessions of Arma 3, which feels frustrating a lot. The chances are high that even though you’re seeing the SAVE option in Arma 3, you won’t be able actually to save the game progress. At the same time, others say that the SAVE option is greyed out in the game. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to follow this guide to fix it.
Fix: Arma 3 Can’t Save Game Progress
Luckily, here we’ve shared with you possible workarounds to fix the game progress not saving issue in Arma 3. Make sure to follow all methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the PC
The chances are high that somehow your PC is going through a temporary system glitch or cache data issue. In that scenario, the system resources of the PC might gonna encounter several problems whatsoever. So, make sure to restart the computer properly to check for the issue. Multiple reports are coming out that a normal reboot of the PC can easily fix temporary glitches.
2. Run Arma 3 as administrator
Make sure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. You should also run the Steam client as an administrator on your PC. To do this:
- Right-click on the Arma 3 application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Then click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to select it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Ensure Unlimited Save is Enabled
It’s also recommended to cross-check if the unlimited save option is enabled or not. Some of the reports claim that the game progress save option can be turned off by default.
4. Check for Arma 3 Updates
An outdated game version can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game progress saving. So, make sure to check for game updates to the latest version and then install it to avoid glitches.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Arma 3 from the list of installed games on the left pane.
- Now, the client will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on the Update option.
- Wait for some time to complete the game update.
- Once done, ensure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and launch the game again.
5. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
The chances are high that verifying and repairing the game files on the PC via the Steam client will be a crucial part to fix the corrupted or missing game files. Make sure to verify the integrity of game files via Steam by following the steps below.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Arma 3 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to the Local Files files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
6. Disable the Mod Files
You should also try disabling all the installed Arma 3 mod files to cross-check if the game progress data is saving or not. Several reports claim that mod files are one of the major reasons behind the game progress saving issue.
7. Allow Arma 3 in Windows Firewall
You should also allow the Arma 3 app manually in Windows Firewall by following the steps below to ensure the Firewall program isn’t blocking the ongoing connections to the services from your end.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Click on Virus & threat protection > Click on Firewall & network protection.
- Go to Allow an app through firewall > Click on Change settings.
- Scroll the list and select Arma 3 for both the Private & Public domains.
- If the game isn’t on the list, click on Allow another app.
- Browse and add Arma 3 in Firewall > Click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your PC to change the effects.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.