Bluetooth is an incredible wireless technology highly popular amongst smart devices (mobile, tablets & laptops) users. It is designed in such a way that it can connect two portable pieces of equipment without using any wire in-between. One such device in this Bluetooth range is the “Bluetooth Speaker.” This compact device deals with no wire, and one can easily connect it with their PC.
However, despite its several benefits, there are still some obstacles in the way while you use Bluetooth Speakers with Windows 10. At times when you connect your Bluetooth speaker with your PC or laptop, it might show you that the Bluetooth device is not available. To overcome this issue, follow the fixes given below:
- Why Windows 10 cannot detect Bluetooth Speaker?
- How to Fix the “Bluetooth Speaker Not detected in Windows 10” issue?
- FIX 1: Update your Bluetooth Drivers:
- FIX 2: Turn on the Bluetooth Audio Service:
- FIX 3: Restart the Bluetooth Support Service:
- FIX 4: Change the Bluetooth Start-up type:
- FIX 5: Run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter:
- FIX 6: Check your System’s Visibility:
Why Windows 10 cannot detect Bluetooth Speaker?
The Bluetooth Speaker detection and connectivity issue in Windows 10 can get caused by any hardware or software error. Out of multiple detection failure reasons, some commonly occurring ones can cause the “Bluetooth Speaker Not detected in Windows 10” issue.
- If any other Bluetooth device is already paired with your system, it might not detect the Bluetooth speaker.
- In case the Bluetooth drivers are corrupted or outdated.
- Due to some audio service error.
- In case the operating system or PC requires an update.
- Due to incorrect Bluetooth settings.
- In case the speaker is turned off.
How to Fix the “Bluetooth Speaker Not detected in Windows 10” issue?
As the reasons for the ‘Bluetooth Speaker connectivity issue’ can vary, there are numerous fixes available that you can try. Try the fixes mentioned in the article below:
FIX 1: Update your Bluetooth Drivers:
If your Bluetooth Drivers have gone outdated, it can also cause a connectivity issue with Windows 10. For fixing this:
- Firstly, press WINDOWS + X and select the option Device Manager from the list.
- On the Device Manager window, expand Bluetooth and locate the right device that you want to update.
- Now right click on the Bluetooth device and select Update drivers.
- On the Update driver’s Window, click on the option “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the process is completed, restart your system and check whether the Bluetooth speaker is now detectable or not.
Note: Updating or Downloading drivers manually brings in the possibility of getting the wrong driver installed. It can even lead to severe malfunctioning in your system. To avoid this possibility and to stay on the safer side, you can also use any automatic software.
Also Read: Fix: Bluetooth Not Pairing on Windows 10
FIX 2: Turn on the Bluetooth Audio Service:
When the Bluetooth Audio service is disabled or has some error, it can also lead to no device detection issue in Windows 10. To fixing this:
- Firstly, open Control Panel.
- On the next Window, locate Hardware and Sound and select View devices and printers below there.
- Then locate your Bluetooth Speaker and right-click on it to select Properties.
- Open the Service tab, and tick the checkboxes located before the options Audio Sink, Handsfree Telephony, and Remote Control.
- Finally, click on Apply.
Once done, the Bluetooth Speaker not detected in Windows 10 issue would get fixed by now.
FIX 3: Restart the Bluetooth Support Service:
If the Bluetooth Speaker is not detected in Windows 10 issue occurs due to incorrect settings, then consider restarting the Bluetooth Support Service.
- Go to the Desktop search bar and type Service to open the Services window.
- On the Services window, locate for Bluetooth Support Service.
- Now right-click on it and select Restart.
- Now go back and again try to connect the Bluetooth speaker with your system. The connectivity issue might have resolved till now.
FIX 4: Change the Bluetooth Start-up type:
Consider the steps given below:
- Follow the 1st and 2nd steps from FIX 3.
- After that, right-click on Bluetooth Support Service and select Properties.
- On the General tab, go to the option Start-up type, open the drop-down menu, and select Automatic.
- Lastly, click on Apply -> OK to save changes.
Once done, check whether your system is now able to detect the Bluetooth speaker.
FIX 5: Run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter:
Windows 10 settings come with an in-built Bluetooth troubleshooting option. Consider using it to fix the no-detection issue.
- Firstly, press WINDOWS + I altogether to open the Settings window.
- Open the Update & Security tab and from the left pane, click and open Troubleshoot.
- Scroll down the list to locate and expand Bluetooth.
- Now click on Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once done, go back and try to connect the Bluetooth speaker again. The issue might have solved by now.
FIX 6: Check your System’s Visibility:
If your system is not able to detect Bluetooth speakers, it might be possible that the system’s visibility is not enabled. For fixing this:
- Firstly, press WINDOWS + I altogether to open the Settings
- Open the Devices tab and from the left pane, click and open the More Bluetooth option.
- Check whether the Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC option is is enabled. If not, enable it by tick the option and click OK.
- Go back and try to reconnect the Bluetooth speaker.
Apart from these fixes, you can also try some essential quick solutions like:
- Quick reset (OFF & ON) the Bluetooth connectivity button.
- Move the Bluetooth speaker device closer to your system. If the speaker is out of a specific range, it is quite possible that your system is unable to detect it.
- Make sure the Bluetooth Speaker is TURNED ON. Your system cannot detect any Bluetooth device until the device is TURNED ON.
- Check for any latest Windows update.
- Restart your system.
- Turn off other Bluetooth devices available within your system’s range.
- Unpair all the Bluetooth devices from your system and then freshly pair the Bluetooth speaker again.
- Check whether the Bluetooth Speaker is showing trouble while connecting with your system or the issue is the same while combining it with other devices as well. If yes, then there’s an issue with the speaker itself.
It was all about the “How to fix: Bluetooth Speaker not detected in Windows 10” issue. We have tried to include all the possible causes and fixes regarding the Bluetooth Speaker detection issue. It can be frustrating when you are not able to connect Bluetooth Speaker with your system, but the fixes mentioned above will help you.
By the end of this article, we hope we are successful in providing all the answers related to your Bluetooth detection issue in Windows 10. We recommend you try the basic ones first and if they don’t work for you, then move on to the specific fixes later on. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.