Screenshots are one of the important things which play a big role in our presentations, assignment, and much more. You might have also searched for many tools on the internet for taking screenshots on your Windows Laptop. But, it already comes with the Windows Snipping Tool which is the best way to take screenshots.
The Windows Snipping Tools comes with a lot of features, but some users think that they have to open the app and then take the screenshot. But, it is not something like that, you can easily take screenshots through its shortcut keys which are Win + Shift + S. But, many users are reporting that the shortcut key not working on Windows 11 and 10, and due to this they are not able to take the screenshots. So, today, we are here with the guide on How To Fix This Issue on Windows 11/10. Therefore, read the full article to know more about it.
How to Fix If Brightness Slider Missing on Windows 11 and 10
How to Fix Scanner Not Working Issue on Windows 11
How To Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed In Windows 10/11
Fix: Windows 11 Context Menu Is Slow, Missing Item, and Not Working
TranslucentTB Windows 11 Not Working, How to Fix?
Fix: Apple Magic Keyboard Not Showing Up in Windows 10 / 11
Fix: Windows 11 Multi Display Not Working
Download Superlite Version of Windows 11 Ghost Spectre
Fix: Windows 11 Disk Management Not Loading or Showing Up
Why is Snipping Tool Not Working on Windows 11?
The issue of the Windows Snipping Tool Not Working on Windows 11 after using the shortcut key can occur due to many issues. It might be due to software issues, some Windows Settings, or much more. So, there are many possibilities for it. Therefore, we are here with the common issues through which you might face this issue. Also, we will suggest you check the issues properly, so that you will be able to solve the problems easily.
- Not Enabled Shortcut Keys
- App Issues
- Drivers Not Updated
- Keyboard Settings
- Key Issues
How To Fix Shortcut Key Issue of Snipping Tool?
Here are the methods through which you can easily try solving the issue. So, make sure that you implement all the steps carefully so that you will be able to resolve this issue. Therefore, check out the methods below.
Check Your Keyboard
First of all, we will suggest that you should check your keyboard that whether it is connected properly or not. In some cases, if the keyboard is not connected properly then the users are likely to face this issue. After evaluating it, also check for the Wires of the keyboard that they are in good and working condition.
If the keyboard is working properly, then make sure to check whether the buttons are being fully pressed or not. So, if there is something stuck under it, then clear it so the buttons can be pressed completely and you will be able to use the Shortcut Keys properly on your Keyboard. After doing this, also check that the Windows Key is enabled on your laptop because it happens many times as the manufacturer provides a shortcut key for enabling Windows Key. So, make sure that it is enabled.
You can also ensure that your Internal keyboard is working fine or not by using another external keyboard on your PC. So, do this and check whether the issue has been solved or not.
Try Restarting The Windows Explorer
If you are facing the issue then try restarting Windows Explorer. By restarting Windows Explorer, you will be able to restart the functionalities of the whole files that are not working properly. To do this, follow the steps which are given below.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL Key on your Keyboard
- Now, the task manager will be opened
- Locate and select the Windows File Explorer
- After it, click on End Task
- Now, click on File Option
- After it, select the Run New Task Option
- Type “explorer.exe”
- Click on the OK button
Now, again check by pressing the Win+Shift+S key whether the Snipping tool is working or not.
Turn on Notifications of Snipping Tool
Make sure that you have allowed the notification of the Snipping Tool. So, to do this, follow the steps which are given below.
- Press Windows + I Key
- Now, click on the Notification option on the System Tab
- Scroll down and see for the Snipping Tool
- Allow the notifications for the app
Update Your Keyboard Driver
Make sure that you are using the latest Keyboard driver on your Window. If you are confused about it, then do check the steps which are given below to update your Keyboard Driver.
- First of all, Open the Start Menu
- Type “Device Manager” in the search bar
- Now, you will see the devices which are available on your PC
- Click on the Keyboard option and expand it
- Now, select the keyboard and right-click on it
- After it, select the Update Driver
- Follow the instructions that are given on the screen to update your Keyboard driver
After updating the Keyboard driver, check whether the issue has been solved or not.
Repair and Reset the Snipping Tool
The other step which you can try is to repair and reset the Snipping Tool. So, in case, if there is an issue with the app then it will be fixed through this method. So, follow the steps which are given below.
- First of all, Press Windows + I Key to Open Settings
- Go to the App tab on the left pane
- Click on the Apps & Features
- Now, scroll down and look for the Snipping Tool
- Click on the three dots and you will see Advanced Option
- Now, select the Advanced Option
- Scroll down and see the option of Repair and Reset
- So, first, repair the app and check whether the issue is fixed after restarting the PC
- If the issue has not been fixed then try resetting it, by again following the same steps
- Now, check whether the issue has been solved or not.
In case, If none of the steps worked for you then you can restore your system to the previous system image in which the app was working fine. So, by doing this, you will be able to use the app through the Shortcut key. The process will take around 15-60 minutes of time or will depend. So, do this and check whether the issue has been solved or not.
So, in this guide, we have discussed the common reasons for the cause of the issue. Along with it, we have also mentioned in the article the methods through which you can easily fix this issue. So, we will suggest you implement all the steps carefully and try to resolve this issue. Also, if you have fixed the same issue through any other methods then do share it with us in the comment section below.