Are you familiar with the epic medieval movies that have some intense battles? If yes, then most probably you like the recently launched Chivalry 2 game based on or inspired by every action of the iconic moment of the epic medieval movie era. However, ironically it has everything that a gamer wants in this gaming era. Unfortunately, many players find it challenging to run this multiplayer first-person slasher game on their Windows 10 PC. Yes, most of them reported a common issue: they are getting a black screen issue while trying to load the game.
Nevertheless, there could be various reasons behind this, but the exact one is still a mystery. However, luckily we find some temporary fix for this error so that the entertainment never settles for you. So, here’s a complete list of solutions that we find really helpful to get rid of the black screen issue on Windows 10 PC.
- How to Fix Chivalry 2 Black Screen Issue
How to Fix Chivalry 2 Black Screen Issue
In Chivalry 2, developers have taken the plot of Chivalry 1’s battle and reconstructed it to provide you with more dramatic and engaging fights at all skill levels. But, it is very irritating when we are about to dominate the massive 64-players battlefield lobby, and suddenly game get crashes, freezes, or getting a black screen issue.
So, these need to be fixed. Here we mentioned some easy and effective troubleshooting steps to fix the black screen issue. Hence, if you have bothered due to crashing or freezing issues, you can visit our website. We have an article on this too. Now, before we move further, you may first need to check if your PC meets the system requirements to run the game smoothly or not.
Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4370 or similar
- RAM: 8 GB
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 64bit
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or similar
- FREE STORAGE: 20 GB
- VRAM: 2048 MB
- P-SHADER: 5.0
- V-SHADER: 5.0
Recommended PC Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 or similar
- RAM: 16 GB
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 64bit
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or similar
- FREE STORAGE: 20 GB
- VRAM: 8192 MB
- P-SHADER: 5.1
- V-SHADER: 5.1
#1: Switch Out And In of your Game
This is the very first thing you should try when you have a black screen issue. Most gamers reported that this step helps them fix the block screen issue from Chivalry 2. So, you may also try again to play this game on your Windows 10 PC.
- From switch out and in, we simply mean that while running, minimize your game or switch to another application by pressing the Alt + Tab key simultaneously from your keyboard.
- After that, immediately switch back in by press the Alt and Tab keys on your keyboard.
However, if this helps you, then you don’t need to follow the further steps. But if the issue persists, don’t trouble. There are still many fixes for you to try in this article. You may try them all.
#2: Switch to the Windowed Mode, then Switch Back to the Full-Screen Mode
Sometimes a black screen issue is basically occurring due to some temporary graphics settings glitches. So, how can you fix this issue? Well, it’s so simple to do this can switch between the windowed and full-screen mode while playing the game. However, if you don’t know how to do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Alt and Enter keys simultaneously on your keyboard to switch to the windowed mode while playing the game.
- Now, immediately press the Alt and Enter keys simultaneously on your keyboard to switch back to the full-screen view while playing the game.
- Once you have done, check if the black issue still persists or not.
#3: Reboot Your PC
Now, if you think that, why reboot? Means how does reboot your PC helps to fix the black screen issue while playing Chivalry 2? Almost every time, in every case, a simple reboot can help you fix the errors.
Reboot not just give your PC a fresh start but also wipes away the current state of the applications. However, suppose if there is any code that’s stuck and stops your software from running, then a reboot will be swept away, too. But, most importantly, when you restart your device, it will bring the system up from scratch, so it will work just as well as it was working before.
#4: Run The Game as Administrator
In some cases, Windows may not give your game or another program the required authorities to work as it should. However, sometimes this might result in the game not starting, having a black screen, or freezing errors. So, we recommend you enable the option to run Chivalry 2 with the administrator and know that this could help you fix the issue. Follow the steps if you don’t know how to run the game with admin rights:
- First of all, launch the Windows start menu on your Windows 10 PC.
- Navigate to File Explorer.
- Now, click on This PC.
- Then, head towards the Local Disk (C:) and finally Program Files (x86).
- Now, locate the folder named Chivalry 2. Once get click on it.
- Inside the Chivalry 2 folder, and locate the .exe file.
- Then, right-click on it and select properties.
- Then, inside the properties windows, shift to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, simply under the Privilege Level section, checkmark the box next to run as administrator.
- Click on Apply and hit the OK button.
That’s it. Now, you can simply run the game and, if prompted, then click on YES. From now whenever you start the game, it will run as administrator. However, now you will see the black screen issue gets disappeared. In the worst case, if the problem persists, follow the next potential step.
#5: Temporarily Disable the Anti-Virus
It might be another reason for the Chivalry 2 game to crash or fail to load and stuck on the black screen is your anti-virus or the Windows Defender. Sometimes, our anti-virus or the windows defender detects the game’s .exe file as a trojan virus, due to which it starts blocking it, resulting in a black screen issue while loading the game. However, you can rely on the steps given below to disable your Anti-virus temporarily:
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Search for Windows Security and hit the Enter key.
- Now, navigate to the Virus & threat protection.
- Scroll down to the Virus & threat protection settings.
- Then, you can click on the Manage settings options.
- Now, toggle the button under Real-time protection to off position. Then, click on Yes to confirm if prompted.
- Check if the issue with Chivalry 2 game is resolved.
That’s it. Now, you can see the game is run without having an issue. However, you can anytime enable it by following the same procedure.
#6: Update Your GPU Driver
In many cases, it is seen that an outdated GPU driver causes a particular issue in the game. So, just update your drivers to the latest version by following the steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows + R using your keyboard.
- Now, type in the “DxDiag” in the run prompt box and click OK.
- Wait until DirectX Diagnostic Tool loads. Afterward, expand the Display tab.
- Now, you will see your video card’s name along with the manufacturer listed inside the Device section. However, under that section, the current driver version is also mentioned. Note it down.
- Finally, visit the driver manufacturer’s official website in order to get the most up-to-date driver available for your device.
- That’s it. Now, once the driver gets updated, launch the game and check if the black screen issue persists or not.
Unfortunately, if you still encounter the black screen issue, we recommend you contact the support team and ask them to fix this error further. They will surely come up with some sort of solution to fix this out.
So, did you fix the black screen issue in Chivalry 2? If yes, then let us know in the comment section which method mentioned above worked for you. However, if you still get the black screen issue in the worst case, we recommend you wait until the developer fixes the issue itself.
Also, you can bookmark this article if the developer releases any additional fixes. We will keep you updated here. Furthermore, you can visit our website to read more exciting gaming news and articles.