We can’t deny that each online multiplayer title does have several issues or glitches across all gaming platforms. No one likes to go through errors or bugs while launching the game or connecting to the online servers. Diablo IV players are having a similar kind of issue where Blizzard’s latest action RPG is throwing several errors and bugs out of nowhere. Meanwhile, Diablo 4 The Operation Was Canceled Error Code 300010 is a newly appeared error notice among console players.
Though PC gamers are also prone to such an error, this pesky error code mostly appears to console users when trying to log into the Diablo IV servers. As a result, you may end up with the error message that says, “The operation was canceled. (Code 300010)”. Diablo 4 has some serious login issues on PS4, PS5, and Xbox consoles that eventually prevent players from logging into their gaming consoles. Blizzard hasn’t announced anything specific regarding this error yet.
- Fix: Diablo 4 The Operation Was Canceled Error Code 300010
Fix: Diablo 4 The Operation Was Canceled Error Code 300010
However, you should keep in mind that whenever Blizzard Entertainment releases any new seasonal content or patch update to the base Diablo IV game, the server downtime or maintenance schedule may go through for some time. It’ll eventually cause multiple errors while connecting to the servers. So, we’ll suggest Diablo 4 players wait for a couple of hours and then check for the error again. However, if the error persists for longer then don’t worry.
It might be possible that somehow an outdated game patch version, corrupted game files, issues with the internet connection, server congestion, conflicts with the installed game, etc can be applicable behind the error code 300010 on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation platforms. Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you some of the potential workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all methods until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Power Cycle the PC or Console
It seems your specific gaming device such as PC or console is having some issues with the system glitch. You can simply restart or power cycle the device to refresh glitches. First, shut down the device > Unplug the power cable > Wait for a couple of minutes and then connect the power cable again. Turn on the device to check for the error again.
2. Check the Network Connectivity
You should also check the internet connection at your end to ensure there is no issue with poor or unstable network signals. Mostly, a poor network can cause issues with connecting to online services. If, in case, you’re using a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection, try switching to the wired network or vice versa. You can also try using another network to ensure there is no issue with the server connectivity.
3. Check the Server Status
Another thing you can do is to check the Diablo server status (online services) from the third-party DownDetector webpage. At the time of writing this article, we can see that there are some outage reports that have been claimed by plenty of players in the last 24 hours. So, if you’re also facing server downtime then wait for a couple of hours and try again later.
4. Update Diablo IV
Updating the game patch version might fix several issues with the bugs or errors in most cases. Sometimes an outdated game version can become incompatible with the online services.
- Open Steam > Go to Library.
- Click on Diablo IV.
- You can click on the Update button, if available.
- Wait for the game to install the update.
- Once done, close the client, and reboot the system.
- Open Battle.net > Go to Library.
- Select Diablo IV.
- Click on the cog wheel icon of the game.
- Now, select Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, download and install it.
- From the home menu, open the game Library.
- Choose the Diablo IV game.
- Press the Options button > Select Check for Update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to install the update.
- Head over to the My Games and Apps section > Go to Manage.
- Select Updates and install the latest version of the Diablo IV game.
5. Scan and Repair Game Files
Several reports did claim that scanning and repairing the game files fix the crashing error or server connectivity issue. You can check the following steps to do so:
- Open Battle.net > Click on Diablo IV.
- Click on OPTIONS (Gear icon).
- Next, click on Scan and Repair.
- Click on Begin Scan.
- Wait for the repair process to complete.
- Once done, close Battle.net, and restart your PC.
- Open Steam > Go to Library.
- Right-click on Diablo IV.
- Go to Settings > Select Properties.
- Click on Local Files > Select Verify integrity of game files.
- It may take a couple of seconds to verify.
- Once done, close Steam, and restart the PC.
6. Update the Graphics Driver
Make sure to check the graphics driver update manually on your system by following the steps below because an outdated graphics driver might trouble in connecting to the game issues.
- Press the Win+X keys > Open Device Manager from the list.
- Double-click on Display adapters to expand it.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card.
- Click on Update driver > Select Search automatically for drivers.
- If an update is available, the system will automatically download and install it.
- After that, restart your PC to apply the changes.
Visit the Official Graphics Website:
In case, you didn’t find any update on the system, try visiting the official graphics card manufacturer’s website respectively. Then search for the latest driver according to the model number > Download and install the same on the PC.
7. Update the Network Driver
An outdated networking driver on the computer can also cause several issues with the online server connectivity. It’s better to check for the networking driver update on the PC and install the same by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Network Adapters.
- Right-click on the networking device > Select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- An update will automatically download and install the latest version if available.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
If there is no update available for the networking driver, then make sure to visit the official website of the network card manufacturer and then download the latest network driver, depending on the particular model. Once downloaded, install the driver and reboot the PC to apply changes.
8. Turn Off Windows Firewall
It’s also worth recommending disabling the Windows Firewall option on the PC by following the steps below to avoid the prevention of ongoing connections whatsoever.
- Open the Start Menu > Search and open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left side.
- Click on the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) toggle.
- Turn off for both Public and Private Domains.
- Then click on OK to save changes.
- Reboot your PC to apply changes.
9. Close Background Apps
You should also close background apps by following the steps below via Task Manager to prevent third-party unnecessary background tasks.
Please Note: Do not close system tasks or applications without knowledge. Otherwise, your system may get corrupted or you may face some issues.
- Open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys.
- Go to Processes > Choose the specific task that you want to close.
- Then click on End Task.
- Now, do the same steps for each task individually.
- Once done, restart your PC.
10. Reinstall Diablo 4
Make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Diablo IV game on the PC or console by following the steps below. It’ll allow you to reinstall the game freshly to avoid any corrupted game files or data.
- Open Battle.net > Click on Library.
- Click on Diablo IV from the left side.
- Select Options on the left pane.
- Click on Uninstall Game > Restart the computer.
- Open Battle.net again > Install Diablo IV.
- Click on Options > Select Modify Install.
- Next, click on Confirm > Choose Start Install.
- After installing, run the game.
- Launch Steam > Go to Library.
- Right-click on Diablo IV.
- Go to Manage > Click on Uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall again to confirm.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete.
- Now, restart the PC to apply changes.
- Launch Steam > Reinstall Diablo IV from the Steam Store.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select My Games and Apps > Hit See All > Choose Games.
- Then select the Ready to Install tab > Select Queue.
- Select the Diablo IV game that you’re trying to reinstall.
- Now, press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game & Add-ons or Manage App.
- Choose Diablo IV > Select Uninstall All.
- Make sure to select Uninstall All to confirm the task.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Reboot the system to apply changes.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu again.
- Hit My Games and Apps > Select See All > Go to Games.
- Select the Ready to Install tab > Hit Install for Diablo IV.
- Wait for the installation process > Restart the console.
- Highlight the Diablo IV app that you want to delete from the Library.
- Press the OPTIONS button > Select Delete.
- Make sure to complete the uninstallation process.
- Finally, head over to the Library or PlayStation Store page to reinstall the game again.
11. Contact Support
If none of the workarounds did fix your issue then you can try to contact Diablo IV Support and submit the support ticket to get a faster resolution. Submitting the support ticket will help developers to investigate the issue further and you’ll also be able to get a proper solution ASAP.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.