If you are an advanced Android user or a developer and flash any Custom ROMs on your Android smartphone, then you should know about the GApps package. It’s a custom ROM specific Google Apps package which offers all the useful and necessary Google stock apps into the Custom ROM. The custom firmware developers don’t include the preloaded Google apps or services into the system. Now, the Android 10 is official and has been rolling out to a few devices. Meanwhile, some of the Custom AOSP ROM developers also developing Android 10 AOSP ROMs for particular device models. Therefore, you need to download Android 10 Gapps which will work on any Android 10 Custom ROM.
After installing a Custom ROM based on Android OS, you also need to flash GApps package on your device. Therefore, you can easily use all the Google apps and services including Google Play and framework. If the Gapps not available in Google’s Android OS, the user can’t use their devices properly. Only the China-based ROMs are useful without Google Apps in China region only.
The GApps package basically includes the Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Gmail, Google Calendar, Clock, Maps, Photos, Drive, Google Framework, etc. If your device has some of these applications, then your device is already running GApps package. Most of the Custom ROMs (except Pixel Experience ROM) doesn’t come with any GApps package. You have to flash the file manually via a Custom Recovery after flashing the Firmware file. That’s necessary.
Android 10 Gapps: BiTGApps_Q
There are a couple of GApps packages available online for the older Android versions up to Android 9.0 Pie. But the BiTGApps for Android 10 is the minimal GApps package available for any Android 10 Custom ROM for now. The BiTGApps Custom GApps package is meant for arm64 architecture devices. The BitGApps file size is highly optimized than the other GApps Packages which is also appreciable.
This Google Application package variant works on any AOSP based Custom ROMs or the latest LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 Custom Firmware easily which don’t have preloaded GApps file. GApps is an external zip package which you can flash via a custom recovery such as TWRP easily. Once you have installed the Android 10 Custom ROM, just install the Android 10 Gapps and you’re good to go.
Google Apps available on Android 10 BiTGApps:
The following mentioned apps and services are available in this latest version of BiTGApps.
- Digital Wellbeing
- Sound Picker
- Google Play Services
- Google Contacts Sync
- Trusted Face Lock
- Google Backup Transport
- Google Play Store
- Android Migrate
- All other apps like Maps, Photos, Gmail, Google, YouTube, and more
BiTGApps Compatible Devices
Normally any Android device with arm64 architecture should be able to run BiTGApps. However, these GApps is only compatible with the A-only type partition device. So, it’s not compatible with A/B type partition devices.
Download BiTGApps: Android 10 GApps
- Official Open Gapps for Android 10 Q
Here we have given the latest version uploaded on 9th August 2020 with build number Open Gapps 10.0 20200809.
ARM device ARM64 X86 X86_64 Mini – 421 MB Mini – 421 MB Mini – 421 MB Mini – 421 MB Micro – 245 MB Micro – 245 MB Micro – 245 MB Micro – 245 MB Nano – 185 MB Nano – 185 MB Nano – 185 MB Nano – 185 MB Pico – 92 MB Pico – 92 MB Pico – 92 MB Pico – 92 MB
- GApps for LineageOS 17 | Link
- BiTGApps_Q_System.zip | Direct Link | Google Drive
Steps to Install Android 10 Gapps: BiTGApps 10
Here we have shared simple steps which you can follow while installing the Custom Firmware based on Android 10. Don’t use any other GApps package as it won’t work for now. Before going to the steps, let’s take a look at the pre-requirements.
- First, you have to download the Custom ROM file and GApps file on your device internal/external storage. (External Storage is recommended)
- Make sure to keep a backup of the device data without Root.
- Charge your phone battery up to 60% at least.
- After flashing the Custom ROM file, select and flash the GApps zip file.
- Device Bootloader must be unlocked in order to flash any Custom Firmware.
- A Custom Recovery (TWRP) should be installed in order to flash both the Custom ROM and GApps file.
Instructions to Install:
- First, boot your device into Custom Recovery. The guide will be available in firmware flashing steps.
- You have to flash any compatible Android 10 Custom ROM on your device.
- After flashing the firmware, go back to the TWRP main menu and select the Install option.
- Browse and select the BiTGApps 10 zip file.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Wait for it. Then reboot your device normally.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Hope this article is useful to you and you have successfully flashed the BiTGApps 10 for any Android 10 Custom ROM on your device. If you’ve any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.