Enshrouded has become one of the best survival games available in the market even though it’s in the Early Access stage right now. That indicates there might be some bugs and errors from the development side which can affect a lot of Enshrouded players on the PC version. Recently, a couple of players have experienced the “No compatible graphics device found” error in Enshrouded during startup which means the game fails to recognize or access the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) of your system.
Well, this specific error appears whenever AMD graphics card users try to launch the Enshrouded game. It may occur due to several possible reasons such as an outdated graphics driver, incorrect in-game graphics settings, not using the compatible graphics card, system compatibility issues, an outdated game patch version, corrupted game files, and more. As per reports, this particular error with an AMD GPU configuration has become quite common these days.
- Fix Enshrouded No Compatible Graphics Device Error
- 1. Restart the PC
- 2. Check the System Requirements
- 3. Update the Graphics Driver
- 4. Use the Dedicated Graphics Card
- 5. Run Enshrouded as an Administrator
- 6. Update Enshrouded
- 7. Verify and Repair the Game Files
- 8. Reconnect the HDMI Cable to the Graphics Card
- 9. Configure Vulkan Drivers
- 10. Install DirectX
- 11. Adjust In-Game Graphics Settings
- 12. Reinstall Enshrouded
- 13. Contact Steam Support
Fix Enshrouded No Compatible Graphics Device Error
In case, you’re attempting to play Enshrouded with an AMD graphics card and encountering the ‘no compatible graphics device’ error troubling so often then nothing to worry about. Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you some workarounds that should come in handy. Ensure to follow all troubleshooting methods until the GPU error has been fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the PC
First of all, you’ll need to reboot the system to clear potential system glitches by following the steps below. Any kind of temporary glitches can trigger game startup issues or the graphics device error.
- Open the Start menu > Click on the Power menu.
- Click on Restart > Wait for the system to boot again.
2. Check the System Requirements
It’s also recommended to check for the system requirements of Enshrouded for the PC version. The chances are high that somehow your PC configuration isn’t meeting the system requirements of the Enshrouded game and that’s why the game crashes or throws errors while startup. Hence, you should cross-check the minimum system requirements to check for the issue. In case, there is a compatibility issue, try upgrading the required software or hardware.
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6400 (2.7 GHz 4 Core) / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X (3.5 GHz 4 Core) or equivalent
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (req. 6GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon RX 580 (req. 6GB VRAM)
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 60 GB available space
3. Update the Graphics Driver
Several PC gamers have also found updating the graphics driver version helpful at times whenever there is an issue with the recognition of the graphics device or graphical glitches. In some cases, an outdated graphics card driver may trouble you a lot with the in-game graphics settings. You can check for the recommended and manual update methods provided below.
- Open the Start menu > Search and open Device Manager.
- Double-click on Display Adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card.
- Click on Update Driver.
- Now, click on Search automatically for drivers.
- If an update is available, download and install the latest version.
- Once done, restart the system to apply changes.
If a new update isn’t available, go to the official website of the specific graphics card manufacturer using the link below. Manually search for the graphics card model and then download the latest graphics driver on the PC. Then run the installer and completely install the GPU driver on your computer.
4. Use the Dedicated Graphics Card
In case, you’re using a dedicated (external) graphics card on your desktop configuration but the Enshrouded game is still unable to run smoothly then you can use the steps below. This will help the game to use a dedicated AMD graphics card so that the Enshrouded game can run without potential errors.
- Right-click on the blank Desktop screen.
- Select AMD Radeon Settings from the context menu.
- Now, click on System > Select Switchable Graphics.
- Save changes and reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Run Enshrouded as an Administrator
The chances are high that somehow your Enshrouded game app is having some conflicts without the system administrative access during startup. You might need to allow the system admin privilege so that the game can run smoothly.
- Open the Start menu > Search for the Enshrouded game.
- Right-click on the Enshrouded.exe app on your PC.
- Go to Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Turn On the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
6. Update Enshrouded
Sometimes an outdated game patch version might also trouble you a lot when it comes to the game running or in-game graphical conflicts. You should check for the game updates manually by following the steps below. If there is an update available, install it to avoid potential issues. Additionally, you’ll be able to get new features and improvements with a new patch update.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on the Enshrouded game.
- Click on Properties > Click on Updates.
- Now, go to Automatic Updates.
- Select Only update this game when I launch it.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
- Whenever available, the game update will be installed.
7. Verify and Repair the Game Files
The chances are high that somehow the missing or corrupted game files installed on the PC can trouble you a lot. This specific method will help in scanning and repairing the installed game files to fix multiple conflicts. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Steam client.
- Go to the Library.
- Right-click on the Enshrouded game.
- Go to Properties.
- Now, click on Installed Files.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, restart the computer.
8. Reconnect the HDMI Cable to the Graphics Card
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable to the AMD graphics card on your desktop to ensure there is no connectivity issue at your end. The chances are high that somehow loose connection to the HDMI port is troubling you.
9. Configure Vulkan Drivers
You should also try setting up the Vulkan driver on the computer compatible with the AMD graphics card to avoid potential graphical errors. Try following the steps below to check for the same.
- Visit the official AMD Vulkan Driver Support webpage.
- Download the latest Vulkan driver on your computer.
- Run the installer and complete installing the driver.
- Once done, you can restart your computer to apply changes.
10. Install DirectX
It’s suggested to install the DirectX End-User Runtime on your computer to avoid the graphics device not found error. Make sure to install it properly and restart the computer. You’ll need to grab the latest DirectX version on the PC which will allow the Windows system to run required programs quite smoothly.
- Head over to the official Microsoft website.
- Download the latest DirectX End-User Runtime.
- Run the installer and complete the installation.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
11. Adjust In-Game Graphics Settings
Another thing you can do is to adjust the in-game graphics settings to avoid any kind of potential graphical glitches while startup. You can check for the Enshrouded graphics settings below to ensure the game can run smoothly.
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Resolution: Use the native resolution of your monitor
- Resolution Scale: set it to 100% (recommended)
- VSync: Off
- Field of View: High
- Limit Framerate in Background: On
- Anti-Aliasing: DLSS or FSR
- DLSS/FSR Quality: Balance
- Texture Resolution: Quality
- Shadow Quality: Balanced
- Contact Shadows: Off
- Indirect Lighting: Balanced
- Reflections: Balanced
- Fog Quality: Balanced
- Volumetric Shadow Quality: Balanced
- SSAO: Off
- Distant Objects: Balanced
- Voxel Detail Models: Balanced
- Small Folioage: Performance
- Tesselation: Balanced
- Point Light Shadows: Performance
12. Reinstall Enshrouded
If none of the workarounds helped you then you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall the Enshrouded game on your PC by following the steps below. We can understand that reinstalling the game isn’t a perfect solution. But there is nothing to do at your end if you’ve already tried all other potential workarounds.
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Go to Library > Right-click on Enshrouded.
- Navigate to Manage.
- Now, click on Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it.
- Once done, restart the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, open Steam > Reinstall Enshrouded on a different drive.
13. Contact Steam Support
As a final resort, you can contact Steam Support and submit a support ticket for the same issue to get better assistance. It’ll allow the game developers to investigate the issue further.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.