With Logitech G Hub, you can use a webcam, keyboard, mouse, microphone, and other Logitech peripherals on computers, tablets, and smartphones. There is a Windows and Mac version of this software program available for download. But if you face Logitech G Hub not working issues on your Windows or Mac. Then, in this article, we will show you how to fix Logitech G Hub’s not loading issue in easy steps.
Reasons For Logitech G Hub not working
Logitech’s gaming keyboards and mice incorporate the Logitech G Hub. With it, users are able to customize and add more control options to their gaming mice. The program is quite useful and helps to increase the quality of your gaming experience. It’s possible, however, that the Logitech G Hub won’t work all the time. Upon closing the program and reopening it, an error message will appear that states it is not responding.
Recently, many people have been experiencing this issue. No need to worry, as I will help you solve the problem in simple steps if you are facing the same problem. There are a number of reasons that could be causing a G Hub not working issue, and I have tried to cover the most common ones. The reasons for this are as follows:
- You have not updated your operating system’s software
- Improper Shutdown
- Wrong or Incompatible Hardware Drivers
- Software glitches
FIX: Logitech G HUB Not Working on macOS 14 Sonoma
So, here are some fixes that will surely help you resolve the Logitech G HUB not working issue on macOS 14 Sonoma
Fix 1: Restart your Computer
You can fix Logitech G Hub not working easily and conveniently with this method. It may restart on its own if your computer encounters some software or hardware issues.
It would be a good idea to restart your computer. The Logitech G Hub software will be closed, and some RAM will be freed. Other programs that may have interfered with it will also be closed. In addition to removing the other glitches, you will have turned off the applications clashing with the software.
Fix 2: Refresh Mac
Since most consumers do not know about the limitations of electronic goods, they do not get any sleep time. There is a period of time when the heat from the hardware and the electrical components are dissipated. You should shut down your computer for an hour.
- To view the menu, click the Apple icon.
- Select “Shutdown”.
- To shut down, click the “Shutdown” button.
- Put the Mac computer aside.
The hardware needs to be put to sleep for one hour. When the computer boots up, the software will load all the drivers, programs, background processes, and more. It is usually possible to fix software-related problems by restarting the computer. For Mac users, I urge them to let the machine sleep for an hour before starting up again.
Fix 3: Low Memory
Background processes such as G HUB consume memory (RAM). In comparison with newer generation notebooks, older Macs generally have less memory. Despite the OS’s excellent performance, macOS cannot run heavy programs except for the software to overcome this limitation. Before you make a decision, check how much RAM your system has.
- Click on the menu to expand it.
- Expand the “Activity Monitor” app.
- Select “Memory”.
- Keep an eye on memory activity.
- When your system’s memory pressure is green, it means that there is enough memory available.
- You need more RAM for your computer to run efficiently when the yellow pressure appears.
- It indicates a dire situation for your system when the memory pressure is red.
Whenever the activity monitor displays red memory pressure, you don’t have many options. You should close heavy programs in the background. It is recommended that readers upgrade their memory.
Fix 4: Logitech Program Updating in the Background
For the time being, the devices are disconnected while the packages are being updated. There is no need to worry about disconnected devices. Allow the updater to work in the background while the Mac computer is turned on. Wait a few minutes for the update wizard to complete, and then turn off the Mac.
When reinstalling a program, you should dump the application fragments
Even reinstalling the program doesn’t make a difference if the fragments restore the settings and configuration. Ideally, we would like to reinstall G Hub or LGS from scratch. You can remove the program fragments from your system by following the tutorial below.
- Launch the “Finder” app.
- Go to the “Application” folder and expand it.
- In the Application folder, look for G HUB or LGS.
- Put the Logitech folder in the trash.
- Choose the “Folder” option after clicking “Go”.
- Search for “~/library/ ” in the search bar.
- Look for Logitech G HUB files under “Application Support”.
- Navigate to the “Cache” folder.
- Under the Library, delete the G HUB cache files.
- In the Library, expand the “Preference” folder.
- G HUB preference files should be deleted.
- Restart Mac.
If you want, you can move the files to a different folder. Creating a desktop folder and moving all files as a backup is a good idea.
Fix 5: Reinstall Logitech Software
It may be necessary to reinstall the LGS or G HUB if the peripherals are not being detected by your system. While you can follow the traditional process, I have suggested removing fragments and reinstalling the package in a different way. To resolve the Logitech G Hub not working issue, follow the tutorial to reinstall the supported Logitech drivers:
- You need to unplug the peripherals from your Mac.
- Make sure the LGS and G HUB are uninstalled from the Mac.
- Go to the Apple menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select “System Preferences”.
- Select the “Security and Privacy” tab.
- Enter the system password by clicking the unlock icon.
- Click on the “install” or “reinstall” button.
- After reinstalling the Logitech program, shut down your computer.
- Make sure the peripherals are connected.
- On your Mac, press the power button to turn it on.
Fix 6: Update macOS or Go Back to the Earlier Version
It is possible to find bugs and glitches in the software of newer editions of macOS. In order to improve the software, the developers take their time. Since it’s a closed-source project, we can’t fix certain parts of it. There are two options on the table for you.
- You will need to wait until the developers release an update.
- You can downgrade your operating system to a previous version.
There are many older Mac computers that Apple no longer supports. Linux operating systems such as elementaryOS are available for trial use without the need to install them. You can test eOS for stability and performance by creating a Live USB. Linux on a Mac computer has many videos available online.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix Logitech G Hub not working issue on macOS. It’s our hope that this guide has helped you. Let us know if you need more information in the comments below.