Runescape is one of the best free-to-play MMORPG that has been developed and published by Jagex back in 2001. The game is still running well on all platforms and it has been rated 9/10 on Steam for the PC version which is really appreciated. However, PC games are prone to bugs or errors and Runescape is no exception here. Here we’ve shared ways to Fix Runescape Crashing or Not Starting on Windows 10.
Talking about the startup crashing or the game not launching issue, it seems that most of the affected players have mentioned a couple of common reasons behind it. Most players are getting affected by the outdated graphics drivers or outdated Windows OS build or PC configuration regarding issues. If you also feel the same, make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide.
- Why Runescape Crashes?
- Fix: Runescape Crashing or Not Starting on Windows 10
Why Runescape Crashes?
Even the outdated game version, issues with the external peripheral connectivity, missing or corrupted game files, etc can also trigger startup crashes or not starting problems. Additionally, overclocked CPU/GPU, not running the game as an administrator can be another possible reason out there.
Fix: Runescape Crashing or Not Starting on Windows 10
Well, the startup crashes or the game not launching issue may appear due to PC hardware or even in-game graphics settings. But that’s fully subjective and may vary for every PC user. Now, without further ado, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Check System Requirements
It can also possible that your PC configuration either becomes outdated or isn’t compatible enough to run the game properly. Therefore, the game crashes while startup very often or randomly. We’ll highly recommend you check the system requirements of the game in order to cross-check the compatibility issue.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows Vista or higher
- Processor: Intel i3+/AMD @ 2.4+ GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 400x, Intel HD 4x, AMD Radeon 7xxx+
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 8 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Internet connection required
The recommended system requirements are also the same. So, make sure that your PC/Laptop configuration is compatible with the minimum requirements whatsoever.
2. Force Stop the game
Some of the players have mentioned that they’ve easily fixed the crashing issue by force closing the Soulworker game and relaunching it. So, just close and exit the game. Go to Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and select End Task for the Soulworker game.
Next, restart your computer, and try running the game again. This should gonna fix the startup crashing issue completely.
3. Run As Administrator
It’s highly recommended to run your games and the client as an administrator in order to give proper access. Without the user account control access on your system, it’ll be hard enough to play games or open programs. To do this:
- Right-click on the Soulworker exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
- Once done, you can try running Soulworker to check whether it’s crashing on the PC or not.
4. Update Windows OS Build
An outdated Windows OS build can trigger performance-related issues on your PC whatsoever. By updating the build, you’ll ensure that your PC games can run properly. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
- Finally, you can check whether the Soulworker Crashing issue has been fixed or not.
5. Update GPU Drivers
Try updating graphics card drivers on your PC if you’re still facing lags or crashes. Make sure to keep updated your graphics driver in order to experience stable and smoother gameplay.
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download & install the latest version.
- Once done, the system will reboot automatically. Otherwise, you can manually restart the system to apply changes.
6. Adjust Graphics Settings
If you’re playing RuneScape on your computer then it’s also necessary for you to adjust the in-game graphics settings from the settings menu as follows. Lowering the graphics settings can also fix multiple startup crashes, black screen, lag, stutter, etc issues completely.
- Open RuneScape via the Steam client > Go to the Options menu.
- Click on Settings > Select the Graphics tab.
- Select Depth of field to Disable
- Set Ambient occlusion to Disable
- Set Bloom to Disable
- Choose to Disable for Shadows
- Set Anti-aliasing to Disable
- Set Water detail to Low
- Make sure to save changes and restart your Runescape game to take effects.
7. Close Background Tasks
It’s needless to say that a couple of unnecessary background running tasks or programs can easily consume a lot of system resources on your computer that may reduce the performance. It directly affects your game launching, gameplay, rendering, other programs running, etc. It’s required to close such programs or tasks completely.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, restart your system.
8. Verify Integrity of Game Files
It seems that there may be some corrupted or missing game files are causing such an issue. make sure to scan and repair the game files easily by using the game launcher.
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Click on Library > Right-click on Forza Horizon 4 from the installed games list.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Here you’ll have to click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, make sure to restart your Steam client and the game.
9. Disable Overclocking
As most PC gamers want to get ultra-high performance from their installed CPU and GPU, they manually overclock the hardware. However, sometimes overclocking can reduce the gaming performance or your game starts crashing unexpectedly due to compatibility issues or bottleneck issues.
Therefore, you can use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm application to reduce the overclocking frequency or disable it to the default.
10. Reinstall the Soulworker game
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Soulworker game on your PC. Sometimes deleting and installing back the game can fix data or cache-related issues on the computer which lead the game to run smoothly without any stutters or crashes. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on the Soulworker game.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once you’re done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes.
- Now, run Steam again > Search for Soulworker game by using the existing Steam account.
- Just download and install it on your computer via the Steam launcher again.
- You’re good to go.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful. For additional queries, let us know in the comment below.