Starfield is the newly released space-themed open-world sci-fi-based single-player RPG that is trending these days due to its new intellectual property developed by Bethesda in 25 years. It includes all the combined action, adventure into the space, etc. which succeeded in grabbing the attention of the interested players and the overall reviews are very good. However, such a game also invites a lot of bugs and errors that we can’t deny. Meanwhile, it seems that several players are facing the Starfield Into The Unknown Bug.
Inside the gameplay session, you’ll get the “Into the Unknown” quest to go through and complete it by investigating a mysterious angular signal that has been detected on the planet Procon III. Generally, players are prompted to land at a specific landing place in these space missions. But it’s quite unfortunate that players are getting affected by this bug and unable to locate the landing place while playing the Starfield game. It becomes so frustrating to deal with and affected players can’t decide what to do next.
How to Fix Starfield Into The Unknown Bug
As the anomaly signal marker is quite close to the landing marker, affected players are left in the dark place to start their quest instead of where they would land appropriately. So, players basically get stuck on this quest bug which eventually prevents the further progression of the gameplay to the main storyline. In short, affected Starfield players are unable to find the “Into The Unknown” quest in their Quest Log after completing the ‘Back to Vectera’ main mission.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such a bug then don’t worry. Luckily, a couple of potential workarounds mentioned below should come in handy. Make sure to follow all workarounds until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the Starfield Game
Well, restarting the Starfield game might seem a basic thing to do and won’t help everyone, but several PC gamers can find this trick useful. So, try closing the game and restart it again to check for the issue. There is no harm in doing so.
2. Load a Previous Game Save
You should try to reload a ‘previous game save’ whatever you have saved earlier in the gameplay to cross-check if the problem has been fixed. It did fix the game loading or running the next mission issues. Do keep in mind that you’ll need to reload the game save before finishing the ‘Back to Vectera’ main mission to work it properly. But if you didn’t save the previous gameplay or don’t have the recent auto-save enabled then you will lose the game progress up to some extent.
3. Fast Travel to Another Planet
Make sure to fast travel to a different planet in Starfield after being unable to find the quest in the log to refresh the in-game glitch. It’s one of the easiest solutions to fix the Starfield Into The Unknown Bug in most cases. After experiencing this bug during the quest gameplay on Procon III, just fast-travel to another planet (star system) and spend some time there. Finally, return to the Into The Unknown Bug quest to check if the landing marker is directing properly or not.
4. Use Console Commands (PC)
You can also try using Console Commands on the Windows version of Starfield to skip the Into The Unknow Bug temporarily. Obviously, it isn’t a solution and the majority of players will prefer to keep progress in the game missions rather than skip the quests. As this method involves some kind of mod, your achievements won’t be rewarded until you remove the console command manually.
- Whenever you’re inside the Starfield gameplay or Into The Unknown Bug, use this console command on the PC.
- Press the Tilde (~) key on the keyboard to open the Console Command interface.
- This interface will open on the bottom left of your screen.
- Now, type the following command into the field & press the Enter key.
setstage 000160A9 600
- You’re good to go and successfully skipped Into The Unknown quest temporarily.
5. Check for Starfield Updates
An outdated game version can eventually trigger multiple issues with the in-game features or quest missions. Make sure to check for the pending game updates manually to avoid glitches or bugs in most scenarios.
For Xbox Series X|S:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Next, choose My Games & Apps > Select See All.
- Select Manage and then Updates.
- If there is an update available, your console will automatically start downloading & installing the new patch.
Please Note: It’s worth recommending going to the Settings page > Choose Systems > Select Updates to update your game automatically whenever the console is connected to the internet.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Starfield from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on the Update button.
- Now, wait for the update to complete.
- Once done, restart the PC to apply the changes.
Note: If the update isn’t available that means your game is already running the latest version.
6. Verify and Repair the Game Files
The chances are high that corrupted or missing game files installed on the PC conflict with running the in-game missions properly. It’s always a better idea to verify and repair the installed game files by following the steps below to run the game more smoothly.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Starfield from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the repair process to complete and then restart the PC.
7. Start a New Game Save
If the above methods didn’t come in handy then make sure to delete all the game save data manually from the Starfield game directory and start the game from the beginning as a new gameplay. Sometimes this method can also come in handy in most cases to avoid several glitches and bugs.
We know that this isn’t a great solution but there is nothing to do at your end until the Bethesda developers fix this bug from their side. So, if you’re not sure when it’ll be fixed or if you don’t want to wait further, losing the previous game saves will help.
8. Get a Help from Sarah as a Companion
Last but not least, several Reddit reports are claiming that there is a potential solution that can be done by the Starfield players to avoid this bug. Starfield players can easily get help from Sarah as a companion in the gameplay sessions whenever there is an issue or glitch visible. Just join Sam in your crew on the ship and then engage in a conversation to ask for help. Do keep in mind that not everyone will benefit from this trick. But if you’re able to access Sarah, definitely try it once.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.