World War Z is one of the mind-boggling zombie shooter games developed by Saber Interactive. The graphics, missions, gameplay everything is just awesome and people have already attached to this intensive game. However, some of the players may also find issues with the game. Players are getting startup error, black screen error, crashing issues, out of memory issue, or visual C++ missing error as well. If you’re also getting World War Z VCRUNTIME140.dll missing error then check this troubleshooting guide.
And one of the most ridiculous things is that the VCRUNTIME140.dll missing error also affects other systems and applications from running. Such as users may not be able to run Adobe Photoshop or Skype on the PC due to this error. So, if you’re one of the victims then check this possible solution below.
How to Fix World War Z VCRUNTIME140.dll missing error
To be very specific, the “VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing” is an error that only appears on the Windows platform. Mostly, the issue can appear after installing or updating the Windows OS version on your PC. Sometimes an unsuccessful installation can also be a major reason for this error.
The VCRUNTIME140.dll is a Dynamic Link Library file that loads and works when a Windows application or system runs it. But if in case, the DLL file gets corrupted, then the application may not run properly or crashes as well.
1. Register VCRUNTIME140.dll File
- Click on Start and type cmd.
- Right-click on Command Prompt from the search result and click on Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command and hit Enter to de-register the file.
regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll
- Now, type the following command to re-register again.
Now, restart your PC and check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If not, then follow the next method.
2. Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (Visual Studio 2015)
You will just need to download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC file on your PC from the official Microsoft site. Once downloaded, double-click on the exe file to open the installation wizard. Next, follow the on-screen instructions and choose both x64 and x86 files. You will need to agree with terms and conditions then click on Install and restart your PC.
3. Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
- Click on Start > Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Head over to Add/Remove Programs.
- Scroll down and look for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64 or x86) > Click on Change.
- Now, it will ask you to Uninstall or Repair it.
- Just select Repair and wait for the process to complete.
- Finally, restart your PC and check for the issue again.
4. Check for System Malware
The VCRUNTIME140.dll missing error can also happen due to the malware or adware. In order to scan and repair the system malware, we will recommend using Reimage Repair (exe). You can also use any other system malware checker and remover tool.
5. Run SFC Scan
You should also run the Windows System File Checker in order to check if there is an issue with the system or not like missing files or corrupted or outdated or damaged files.
- Click on Start > Type Command Prompt and right-click on it from the search result.
- Select Run as administrator.
- Next, type the following command and hit Enter in order to run the SFC scan:
- It may take some time to check for the issue. Have some patience.
- Once done, you can restart your PC and launch the game again.
6. Update Windows OS
It’s always recommended to check for Windows update on your PC.
- Click on Start > Select Settings (gear icon).
- Click on Update & Security.
- Under the Windows Update section, click on Check for updates.
- If any latest update is available, just click on Download.
- It will automatically download and install the update on your system. Internet connection is required.
- Once done, restart your PC and try running the game again.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide pretty useful. Feel free to ask in the comment section below for any queries.