In this guide, we will show you the steps to flash the stock firmware on your LG phone via the LG Flash Tool. While the OEM doesn’t have the kind of stronghold that it had at the beginning of this decade, yet its offering is still quite impressive. Plus it also has managed to retain quite a few loyal fanbases, thereby creating its own niche segment of sorts. Likewise, it also isn’t afraid to try their hands on experimenting devices. The LG Velvet and Wing are two perfect examples of the same.
Along the same lines, the device has decent support in custom development. Once you have unlocked the device’s bootloader, you could flash tons of ROMs or a custom recovery like TWRP. Then you could also gain access to the system partition by rooting it via Magisk. This will allow you to flash Magisk Modules, and tons of other mods. However, if you end up installing an incompatible binary, then the device might go into a boot-loop or get soft-bricked.
But if that ever happens, then you could easily flash the firmware onto your device and bring it back to normal working condition. Along the same lines, LG rolls out the OTA update in batches. As a result, not everyone might get the latest update at one go. However, you could easily cut out this wait time by manually installing the firmware file onto your device. And in this guide, we will help you achieve just that. Given here are the steps to flash the stock firmware on your LG phone via the LG Flash Tool. Follow along.
How to Flash Firmware on LG Phones Using LG Flash Tool
Before we list out the instructions, there are a few requirements that need to be met from your end. So head over to the below requirements section and make sure to get all the required files.
- To begin with, download the stock firmware for your LG device. You could do so from the LG Software and Firmware page. Make sure that the firmware is in KDZ or CAB format.
- Next up, download and install the LG USB Drivers on your PC, corresponding to your device.
- Finally, download the LG Flash Tool. This software will be used to flash the firmware onto your device.
That’s it. These were all the requirements. You may now proceed ahead with the steps to flash the stock firmware on your LG phone via the LG Flash Tool.
- Extract the contents of the LG Flash Tool to a convenient location on your PC.
- Then double click on its EXE file to launch the tool.
- Once the tool launches, go to the Select Type option and chose CDMA from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the Browse File button, navigate to the downloaded stock firmware file and select it.
- Next up, click on the Normal Flash button situated at the bottom.
- You should be taken to the Phone Information section, click on the Start button at the bottom right.
- Select the Country to which your firmware belongs to and then select the Language of your choice.
- Once you have made the selection, click OK. The flashing process will now begin.
- You could keep a track of the same from the progress bar. Do keep in mind that you might see a few question marks, that is completely normal and nothing to worry about.
- As soon as the progress is complete, your device will automatically reboot. When that happens, you may disconnect the device from the PC and close the tool as well.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to flash the stock firmware on your LG phone via the LG Flash Tool. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some equally useful iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.