Luminous Productions and Square Enix did recently release Forspoken as an open-world female protagonist action role-playing video game. Although the game has received plenty of mixed reviews on Steam and Epic Games for the PC version, we should mention that it’s quite new in the market and may take some time to get better. Meanwhile, you can check out Forspoken Best Graphics Settings for Nvidia 4090, 4070, 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More graphics cards to achieve higher FPS.
It basically turns out that Forspoken has some in-game performance or lagging or stuttering issues on Windows machines even if users have a compatible PC specification. The chances are high that your in-game graphics settings might not be suitable enough to run the game smoothly on the PC during intense graphics processing. Now, if you’re having a low-end PC specification or an outdated configuration then you may face gameplay glitches a lot.
Apart from playing a 4K resolution game in 60 FPS or higher, you’ll require a mid-range gaming build with a dedicated graphics card to achieve at least 60 FPS in 1080P resolution. We should mention that enabling DLSS and FSR upscaling might decrease a couple of framerates but improves the visual experience quite well. Incompatible game settings can trigger other graphical glitches, stutters, lags, and more on the PC that you need to adjust.
- Forspoken Best Graphics Settings for 4090, 4070, 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More
- 1. Check System Requirements
- 2. Get a Minimum of 60 FPS with Optimal Graphics Settings
- 3. Disable Mouse Acceleration on Windows
- 4. Adjustments for Nvidia Control Panel
- 5. Update Graphics Drivers
- 6. Switch to a Dedicated GPU
- 7. Check for Game Updates
- 8. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 9. Close Background Running Tasks
- 10. Set High Priority in Task Manager
- 11. Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
- 12. Set High Performance in Power Options
- 13. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
Forspoken Best Graphics Settings for 4090, 4070, 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More
It’s needless to say that Intel CPUs are really well-performing chipsets but they require an external dedicated graphics card like Nvidia graphics cards to get an outstanding performance in graphics-intensive programs. Now, if you’re using an entry-level Nvidia GT or GTX lineup graphics card on your machine then you can get the 60 FPS limit quite easily on 1080p display resolution in most scenarios.
It’s better to follow the mentioned graphics settings for Forspoken on the PC and some of the workarounds to reduce hiccups or glitches. It may also be possible that incompatibility with the PC specification, an outdated graphics driver, an outdated game version, corrupted or missing game files, and more troubling you a lot to achieve the best gaming experience whatsoever. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check System Requirements
Before getting to any other conclusion, make sure to check out potential workarounds or in-game graphics settings adjustments by following the methods below. First, you should cross-check the system requirements of the Forspoken game to ensure your PC configuration is compatible enough.
|Minimum Requirements:||Recommended Requirements:|
|OS: Windows® 10 64-bit (After November 2019 Update)
or Windows® 11 64-bit
|OS: Windows® 10 64-bit (After November 2019 Update)
or Windows® 11 64-bit
|Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 (3.7GHz or better)
or Intel® Core™ i7-3770 (3.7GHz or better)
|Processor: AMD Ryzen™5 3600 (3.7 GHz or better)
or Intel® Core™ i7-8700K (3.7GHz or better)
|Memory: 16 GB RAM||Memory: 24 GB RAM|
|Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 8GB
or NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
|Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT 12GB
or NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 8 GB VRAM
|DirectX: Version 12||DirectX: Version 12|
|Storage: 150 GB available space||Storage: 150 GB available space|
|Additional Notes: 720p 30fps||Additional Notes: 1440p 30fps, SSD 150GB|
2. Get a Minimum of 60 FPS with Optimal Graphics Settings
If you’re using an outdated or low-end PC configuration then tweaking the graphics settings in the Forspoken game might help you to achieve an increased FPS count.
- Resolution: 1080p or higher display resolution
- Brightness: As per your preference
- Gamma: Depends on your brightness settings
- Maximum Frame Rate: Set 60 to 120 FPS limit
- V-Sync: Off
- Screen Mode: Fullscreen or Borderless
- Select Main Display: Native display
- Color Filter Options: Depends on your preference
- Filter Strength: Depends on your preference
- Variable Rate Shading: On
- Dynamic Resolution: On
- Model Memory: High up to your GPU memory
- Texture Memory: High up to your GPU memory
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2: Balanced or Quality
- Nvidia DLSS: Balanced or Quality
- Sharpness: 0.70 to 0.80
- Render Resolution: 100%
- Model Detail Level: Standard or High
- Texture Filtering: Standard or High
- Reflections: Standard
- Motion Blur: Off
- Depth of Field: Off
- Fog Quality: Standard
- Cloud Quality: Low
- Shadow Quality: Low or Standard
- Ray Traced Shadows: Off
- Ambient Occlusion: Off or Standard
- Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion: Off
- Anti-Aliasing: Temporal AA
3. Disable Mouse Acceleration on Windows
To be precise, a mouse acceleration feature improves the motion or movement of the mouse cursor/pointer on the screen. So that you won’t feel any lag or jitter while moving the mouse pointer on the screen here & there. By disabling the mouse acceleration option on the system, you’ll be able to reduce the motion blur or jitter of the mouse pointer movement while gaming which can also help reduce in-game stutters. To do that:
- Click on the Windows logo on the taskbar.
- Type mouse settings in the Start menu search bar.
- Click on Change your mouse settings > Click on Additional mouse options.
- Now, select the Pointer Options tab.
- Make sure to Uncheck the Enhance Pointer Precision box.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
4. Adjustments for Nvidia Control Panel
You can head over to the Nvidia Control Panel application and try making the following adjustments to ensure your game runs slightly better without screen tearing.
- V-Sync (Vertical Sync) – OFF
- Tripple buffering – ON
- Maximum pre-rendered frames – 1
5. Update Graphics Drivers
You should try checking for the graphics driver update on your Windows PC and installing the latest version to ensure no update is pending. An outdated or missing graphics driver can trigger issues with properly functioning graphics-intensive programs. To do that:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on Display adapters to expand it.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name you’re using to bring the context menu.
- Next, click on Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- The system will automatically check for the available update.
- If an update is available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you can’t find any pending updates then just head over to the official website of Nvidia website below and search manually for the latest update. If a new version is available for the graphics card, just download the driver and install it on your PC. You can jump to the link below to do so:
6. Switch to a Dedicated GPU
Sometimes the game may run with the integrated HD graphics on the PC that comes with the processors to handle minimal graphics tasks. But if you’re using an external Nvidia graphics card then make sure to switch the Forspoken game to the dedicated GPU by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the desktop screen to open the context menu.
- Now, click on Nvidia Control Panel to open it.
- Head over to 3D Settings > Select Manage 3D Settings.
- Open the Program Settings tab > Choose Forspoken from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from another drop-down menu.
- Finally, your Nvidia GPU should show as High-Performance Nvidia Processor.
- Save the changes and reboot the PC.
7. Check for Game Updates
According to Blizzard Support, corrupted or damaged game files can cause a wide variety of problems and errors with game launching or gameplay. Mostly updating the game can resolve these issues in a jiffy.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Forspoken from the list of installed games on the left pane.
- Now, the client will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on the Update option.
- Wait for a couple of minutes or so until the game update completes. [Depends on the storage space and internet connectivity]
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and launch the Forspoken game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Forspoken.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
8. Verify and Repair Game Files
If in case there is an issue with the game files and they somehow get corrupted or missing, then make sure to perform this method to easily check for the issue.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Forspoken from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to Forspoken.
- Click on Verify > Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
9. Close Background Running Tasks
Unnecessary background running tasks or programs can eat up a lot of system resources like CPU or Memory usage literally reducing system performance. Hence, the startup crashing, lagging, and not loading issues appear quite often. Simply, close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely. To do this:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close them one by one.
- Once done, restart your system.
Now, you can check whether you’ve fixed Forspoken performance issues on your PC or not. If not, follow the next method.
10. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment via the Task Manager to tell your Windows system to run the game properly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Forspoken game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the Forspoken game to check if it still has low FPS on the PC or not.
11. Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
The chances are that maybe your default Windows Defender Firewall protection or any third-party antivirus program is preventing the ongoing connections or game files from running properly. So, temporarily disable or turn off the real-time protection and firewall protection. Then you should try running the game to check if Forspoken’s low FPS issues on the PC have been fixed. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Similarly, you have to turn off the Windows Security protection too. Just follow the steps below:
- Press the Win+I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to simply turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
- Additionally, you can also turn off cloud-delivered protection, Tamper protection if you want.
12. Set High Performance in Power Options
If, in case, your Windows system is running on the Balanced mode in Power Options, just set the High-Performance mode for better results. Although this option will take higher power usage or battery usage. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound > Select Power Options.
- Click on High Performance to select it.
- Make sure to close the window and fully shut down your computer. To do this, click on the Start Menu > Go to Power > Shut Down.
- Once your computer is fully turned off, you can power it on again.
This should fix Forspoken performance-related issues on your PC in most cases. However, if none of the methods worked for you, follow the next one.
13. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
It seems that a couple of popular apps do have their own overlay program that can eventually run in the background and cause issues with the gaming performance or even launching issues. You should turn them off to fix the issue by following the steps below:
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Forspoken.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar option.
If in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes and launch the game again.
Also, do keep in mind that you should disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that run in the background always.
Bonus: If you don’t want to mess with the in-game graphics settings, you can open the Nvidia GeForce Experience app. Then click on Optimize to get the optimized Forspoken Settings immediately without manually adjusting graphics options.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.