In this post, we will guide you to install TWRP on Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. To perform the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus TWRP Installation you have to use the Samsung Odin Tool and DM-verity forced encryption disabler. As we all know, TWRP is an open-source custom recovery. It enables to install Custom ROM, Mods, Kernels, Rooting etc. You can also backup and restore any ROM on any smartphone.
Also, this Galaxy S9/S9 Plus TWRP Installation guide is exclusively for the devices that are available in the South East Asian regions. In simple words, if your device comes with model numbers SM-G9600/SM-G9650 then this guide will work absolutely fine. With that said, this guide won’t work if you are using a SnapDragon variant of Galaxy S9/S9+ in the USA. As unlocking bootloader is not possible on the US Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, so, you can’t flash TWRP on the devices.
What Is TWRP Recovery and Its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android devices. It provides a touchscreen-based interface that enables the users to install third-party firmware. It supports the features and performs the functions which the stock OS for any smartphone doesn’t support.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM and modding zip files on any smartphone using TWRP
- Lets you install and use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery
- You can install Magisk
- You can take and restore Full nandroid Backup in case of performing any modification.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on LG G2 Mini.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP on any smartphone.
- It gets easier to underclock and overclock your phone.
How To Do Galaxy S9/S9 Plus TWRP Installation
You have to download few tools that you will be using to perform Galaxy S9/S9plus TWRP installation. You need the TWRP image file for Galaxy S9 and S9 plus. Also, you need DM-verity forced encryption disabler. Below you can find the download links for the same.
- TWRP For Snapdragon Galaxy S9 | Download
- TWRP For Snapdragon Galaxy S9 Plus | Download
- DM-verity forced encryption disabler | Download
- Latest Odin Tool | Download
You May Also Like
Before going into details of the TWRP installing process you have to follow certain guidelines and install some tools on your device. Check that out below.
- Your Phone must have 70% or more of battery charge.
- Take a complete backup of your device data just to be safe, although with this process you won’t lose your data.
- Warranty of your device will be void after you unlock the bootloader.
- This guide will work on Galaxy S9 device with model number G9600/SM-G9650 exclusively.
- Enable developer option on your phone.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking or damage to your phone while/after performing this modification.
Steps to Install TWRP Galaxy S9 S9 Plus
- Switch your device off.
- Press Bixby + Volume down + Power button to boot your phone into download mode.
- Now open the Odin Tool.
- Open the AP tab in Odin Tool and select and open the TWRP image.
- Make sure Untick “auto reboot” in Odin Tool
- After this flash the file
- Now after flashing the TWRP, boot into TWRP.
- Now flash the DM-verity forced encryption disabler
So, that’s all you have to do to install TWRP on SnapDragon variant Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. Flash TWRP and enjoy your custom ROMs.