Yahoo Powered is a type of fake malware, that if spreads, leaves your system vulnerable. It is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that gets installed in the background without your knowledge. Most of the users fall into their trap while installing some third-party or freeware applications.
So, if you are also a fan of freeware applications, then you should be aware of Yahoo! Powered tool. It can infect your PC, spam you with pop up ads, and, more importantly, it can collect your personal information. In case you are wondering how to get rid of this unwanted program, we have the answers for you. In this article, we will share with you everything that you need to know about Yahoo! Powered tool.
- Why should you get rid of Yahoo! Powered tool?
- Solutions to Remove Yahoo! Powered tool from Windows 10:
Why should you get rid of Yahoo! Powered tool?
As we mentioned above, Yahoo! Powered tool is a browser hacker. Some users unintentionally install the program during the installation of freeware acquired from third-party websites, at the same time others install it intentionally after following a misleading/fake advertisement. It starts causing havoc on your computer by changing the home address and default search engine on the browsers. It consistently redirects to us.search.yahoo.com and other websites, fills your computer screen with pop up ads, and steals your private data. Though Yahoo! Powered tool is not a regular virus and difficult to remove this PUP from your computer. So, to help you out, we have given some solutions below.
Solutions to Remove Yahoo! Powered tool from Windows 10:
Solution 1: Uninstall Yahoo! Powered from Control Panel
If you haven’t already tried uninstalling Yahoo! Powered tool in the traditional way, follow these steps.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose the Uninstall a Program option.
- Choose Yahoo! Powered and related programs and click on the Uninstall button.
- Then, uninstall all the related programs to Yahoo! Powered.
- Click “OK” and save changes.
Solution 2: Remove Yahoo! Powered from all the browsers
For some users, uninstalling Yahoo! Powered doesn’t solve the problem. In this case, you have to remove the program’s traces from all the browsers present on your computer. Here’s a quick guide that you can follow to remove Yahoo! Powered from different browsers.
For Google Chrome:
- Select the 3-dot (More) option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Settings.
- Click on the Advanced Settings option.
- Now, scroll down until you find the Reset settings option.
- Select the Reset button.
For Microsoft Edge:
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser.
- Then, press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys.
- You have to check all the boxes carefully.
- Now, select the “Clear” option.
- After the process is over, restart your browser.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on the hamburger menu.
- Select the “Help” option.
- Now, click on the Troubleshooting Information.
- Choose the “Refresh Firefox” button.
- Select “Refresh“
After you remove Yahoo! Powered tool’s traces from your browsers, it will not bother you anymore.
Solution 3: Anti-malware software
Sometimes you have to take help from the Anti-malware programs. But most of the simple Anti-malware programs fail to recognize Yahoo! Powered tool as a threat. So, you have to choose the best Anti-malware software out there in order to remove Yahoo! Powered tool from your Windows 10 computer. We will suggest you use Reimage, SpyHunter 5, or Malwarebytes.
Yahoo! Powered may look like a harmless browser add-on. Still, it can infect your computer and start causing havoc. It plagues your computer with various ads and hampers your browsing experience.
It would be helpful if you get rid of it as soon as possible. And to help you with that, we have provided the best solutions. Don’t waste any more time, go through the solutions, and solve the Yahoo! Powered issues. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.