Google’s Android 10 OS is now official. The latest version of Android OS brings plenty of new features, system security, system improvements, and system UI changes. The Android 10 (aka Android Q) is currently rolling out to Google Pixel series devices, Essential PH, Redmi K20 Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro models. Though the Redmi K20 Pro and OnePlus 7 Pro devices are currently receiving the public beta build. Therefore, these two devices may take some time to receive the official stable version. Here in this post, we will provide the details of Honor 20 Android 10 release date and EMUI 10 features in brief.
As we all know that early this year, Google has announced the Android 10 (aka Android Q) developer preview update for a couple of eligible devices at Google I/O 2019. Though this time Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version and that’s a good move. Google has also provided the developer preview update for the eligible devices in a couple of months and the official stable now released. All the eligible devices will soon receive the latest version of Android OS by the end of this year expectedly. While some other mid-range devices may get the update in early 2020 as well.
Huawei Honor 20 Android 10 Release Date
Huawei has announced the latest EMUI 10 custom skin based on Android 10 at Huawei’s developer conference last month. The new EMUI 10 custom skin already surfaced on new refreshed Huawei P30 Pro device variants at IFA last week. Meanwhile, the company has also mentioned the update timeline for its devices for the Android 10 based EMUI 10. Though the EMUI 10 beta is currently available for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro devices, all other eligible devices will soon receive the update.
Meanwhile, Huawei plans to release EMUI 10 beta update for the Mate 20 series, Honor 20 series, and Honor View 20 models by October 2019. Whereas the stable official update will be available in December this year for the mentioned devices. Such as Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 RS, Mate 20X (4G), Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, and Honor View 20. Over 30 models will soon upgrade to EMUI 10 up to Q2 of 2020. Check out the timeline screenshot below.
Top EMUI 10 Features
This is the 10th iteration of Google’s Android OS which brings so many new features and system improvements as well. Therefore, the Android 10 based EMUI 10 custom skin will also get all the core features.
- 3D Touch: It gives a super smooth touch effect with animation. It feels so fast and responsive than a normal touch pressure effect.
- Live Caption: The Live Caption brings real-time automatic captions to media on your device. It will provide live captions for the videos, podcasts, and audio messages, apps, etc. It works offline too.
- System-Wide Dark Mode: The dark mode saves battery juice a lot and reduces eye strain during night time.
- Gesture Navigation: The swipe gesture navigation control offers more improved functionalities in Android 10.
- App Drawer: The new app drawer seems just like a Pixel Launcher. The drawer opens like swipe up from the home screen.
- New Stock Camera UI: The stock EMUI camera app UI has been tweaked a little bit. The slider between camera shutter button and modes text appears as a red dot this time.
- Notification and Quick Settings Toggle: The latest upcoming EMUI version will allow users to choose and set notification controls. It offers quick shortcut toggle.
- New Transition Animation: Huawei has introduced the new transition animation style for the swipe to go home gesture.
- Privacy and Security: It enables system security, app permission control, location control, and more.
- Bubbles: Bubbles feature is a new feature in Android Q which looks and works like Facebook Messenger.
- Desktop Mode: Android Q in EMUI 10 will feature desktop mode to connect your device easily to the monitor.
Additionally, you can check more EMUI 10 features and supported device list.
Steps to Register and Download EMUI 10 Beta Update
First, Huawei EMUI 10 will be available in the beta version and then the stable release will be available for the eligible Huawei and Honor device models via batches. If you want to test out the beta update then follow the below steps and join the program.
- First, download the Huawei Beta app for your smartphone from here.
- Then launch the app and login with your Huawei ID. Use or create the ID using email or mobile number.
- Search for an eligible beta campaign then tap on sign up.
- Once you have successfully signed up, Huawei will provide the OTA update automatically.
- You’re done.
You can also manually check for the update by going to the device Settings > System > Software update > Check For Updates. If the update isn’t available then you can request for it via the HiCare app. Go to the HiCare app and tap on the checkbox and select apply in order to proceed.
However, Huawei issues with the US Government may cause some further issues to Huawei users. Therefore, it’s quite early to say that all the device models will receive the EMUI 10 update easily. According to the XDA Developers, there is no confirmation yet that the upcoming Huawei Mate 30 will come with Google Play Services. We have to wait for more info.
We assume this article is useful to you. If you have any queries, you can ask in the comments below.