The newly launched Immortals Fenyx Rising is an action-adventure video game that offers mythological adventure and players have to play as Fenyx on a quest to save the Greek gods. Though the gameplay and graphics are quite impressive, some of the players are getting affected by the startup crashing, the game not launching, lagging, stuttering, black screen issues, etc. Now, if you’re also facing the same problem then check out this troubleshooting guide to fix Immortals Fenyx Rising Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or Lags with FPS drops.
Talking about the startup crashing or performance drop on the PC, there is nothing to do from the developer’s end. It seems that mostly these common issues appear to the PC gamers due to the system glitch or outdated software version or any other flaws at player(s) end. Therefore, it’s always recommended to check for the possible reasons prior to heading over to the workarounds below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Does Immortals Fenyx Rising Keep Crashing?
- 2 Minimum System Requirements:
- 3 Recommended System Requirements:
- 4 Fix: Immortals Fenyx Rising Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or Lags with FPS drops
- 4.1 1. Update Graphics Drivers
- 4.2 2. Disable Steam Overlay
- 4.3 3. Adjust Discord Settings
- 4.4 4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- 4.5 5. Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- 4.6 6. Verify Game Files via Ubisoft
- 4.7 7. Uninstall Recent Windows 10 Update
- 4.8 8. Remove Temporary Files
- 4.9 9. Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
Why Does Immortals Fenyx Rising Keep Crashing?
- It seems that your PC configuration isn’t meeting the system requirements of the game.
- Maybe any temporary glitch or cache-related issues are causing lags or performance drops.
- It can also possible that your game files are either corrupted or missing which is troubling you.
- An outdated Windows build or an outdated GPU driver version can also cause multiple issues with the gameplay.
- Alternatively, it can also possible that you’re running an outdated DirectX version or your outdated GPU card may not be compatible with the Direct3D Hardware Feature Level 11.0 GPU.
- Maybe your game isn’t running on the latest patch.
- Some background running apps are most probably consuming higher CPU/RAM that reducing the performance.
- Maybe Windows Firewall protection or Antivirus program is preventing game files.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 (64-bit only)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 / AMD FX-6300
- Memory: 8GB (Dual-channel mode)
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 / AMD R9 280X
- VRAM: 2GB NVIDIA / 3GB AMD
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 28 GB available space
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6700 / AMD Ryzen 7 1700
- Memory: 16GB (Dual-channel mode)
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD RX Vega 56
- VRAM: 8GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 28 GB available space (SSD)
Fix: Immortals Fenyx Rising Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or Lags with FPS drops
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below. Keep in mind that both the Nvidia and AMD graphics drivers are well optimized for the Immortals Fenyx Rising game. So, if in case, you haven’t updated your graphics driver yet, do this first.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
If you’re using the Nvidia graphics card then update the GeForce Experience app on your PC from the Nvidia official site here. But if you’re using the AMD graphics card on your system, then update the latest AMD Drivers from here.
2. Disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam on your Windows.
- Head over to the Settings > Click on the In-Game.
- Click on the checkbox to disable Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Once the checkbox mark is removed, click on OK.
3. Adjust Discord Settings
- Launch Discord > Click on User Settings.
- Select Voice & Video from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the Advanced.
- Next, disable OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco System, Inc.
- Then disable Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.
- Now, go to Overlay.
- You can also turn off the in-game overlay.
- Next, head over to Appearance.
- Go to Advanced.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Once done, restart the system.
4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Click on Adjust image settings with preview under 3D settings.
- Select Use the advanced 3D image settings.
- Next, launch the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click on Manage 3D settings> Go to Global Settings.
- Additionally, you can also adjust some of the other options:
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Use Maximum Performance for Power Management
- Turn off Low Latency Mode
- Set Texture Filtering Quality to Performance mode
5. Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- Go to Global Graphics.
- Turn off Radeon Anti-Lag
- Turn off Radeon Boost
- Use Application settings for Anti-Aliasing Mode
- Set Anti-aliasing Methodto Multi-sampling
- Turn off Morphological Filtering
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Turn off Anisotropic Filtering
- Use Performance mode for Texture Filtering Quality
- You can also enable Surface Format Optimization
- AMD Optimization for the Tesselation Mode
- Wait for V-sync– Turn it off
- Use AMD optimization for the Shader Cache
- Disable OpenGL Triple Buffering
- Turn off Maximum Tesselation Level
- Set Graphics for the GPU Workload
- Turn off the Radeon Chill
- Disable Frame Rate Target Control
6. Verify Game Files via Ubisoft
Immortals Fenyx Rising gamers on Ubisoft launcher can follow the below steps:
- Open Ubisoft launcher by logging into the account
- You can find Immortals Fenyx Rising game from the Games tab
- Select the game and choose the arrow icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select Verify Files from the drop-down list.
- If prompted, select Repair.
- Ubisoft will start restoring any missing or corrupted game files automatically.
- Once done, simply restart your Ubisoft launcher and open the game.
7. Uninstall Recent Windows 10 Update
A couple of days ago, Microsoft has released a new update for Windows 10 with KB4535996. So, this particular cumulative update for Windows 10 is quite buggy and causing so many errors or problems.
- Go to Start menu > Click on Settings
- Next, go to Update and Security
- Click on View update history
- Now, if you can see that there is an update having KB4535996 has been already installed. Make sure to uninstall it.
- Here you will see the Uninstall updates option on the top of the page.
- Click on it and select the mentioned cumulative update version.
- Right-click on it > Select Uninstall.
- It may take some time to delete that update and your system may restart automatically.
- Have some patience and you can also manually reboot your Windows PC (if required).
8. Remove Temporary Files
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the RUN program.
- Now, type %temp% and press enter.
- You will get a bunch of temporary files on a page.
- Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A on the keyboard.
Next, press Shift + Delete on the keyboard to remove all the files.
- Sometimes some of the temporary files can’t be deleted. So, leave them as it is and close it.
9. Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
As most of the users always want to use ultra-high performance from the CPU and GPU from the very first day. So, most of the users either buy an overclocked version or manually increased the overclocking speed. So, if you’ve also overclocked your GPU speed and after doing that you’re experiencing bottleneck or lagging or crashing related issues, just set it to default mode.
You can also use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm application in order to lower the clocking speed. Once done, you can run the Immortals Fenyx Rising game to check whether it’s crashing at startup or not.
That’s it. We hope this guide was useful to you. You can comment below for any queries.