The Apple iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are the latest addition to the iPhone lineup which bring exclusive features and improvements over their predecessors. However, the big upgrade that Apple has implemented is the new USB-C port which is available on all the iPhone 15 models. In general, the Apple iPhone series which has grown to be one of the best brands in the world – renowned for its durable hardware and software improvements.
Recently, several users bought the latest iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max, where a lot of consumers found them to be the most appealing. However, some users reported that they are starting to encounter issues on the device. One such issue that users encountered was the “iPhone unavailable” message. Many users reported the issue on several platforms and forums including Reddit.
This can be perplexing especially when you’re trying to access your iPhone and it won’t. If your iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max shows an “iPhone unavailable” message on the screen, don’t worry. In this guide, we will provide the effective ways that you can troubleshoot and resolve the “iPhone unavailable” issue quickly. We will also discuss the common cause behind the issue. So, without further ado, let’s get right to it.
The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max says “iPhone unavailable” message on the screen because of unsuccessful attempts to unlock the iPhone. Once you have tried to unlock the device several times, then the iPhone will show “iPhone unavailable” on the screen. The iPhone’s screen erasing feature activates to safeguard your data on the iPhone.
You’ll be required to input your Apple ID and password to unlock the iPhone’s screen which will restore the device to its factory state. If you continuously enter the incorrect password or PIN, your iPhone will deactivate to prevent authorized access. It will show an ‘iPhone Unavailable’ message alongside a ‘Security Lockout’ on your screen.
Simultaneously, an ‘Erase iPhone’ option will appear in the lower right corner of the screen that allows you to factory reset your iPhone with the help of Apple ID. However, if you see ‘try again in 15 minutes’ on the screen, wait till and then re-enter the PIN to unlock the device.
Now you understand why the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max says “iPhone unavailable” on the screen. Now, let’s focus on the troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue on your iPhone. Here, we have listed three best ways to unlock your device without any interruptions. Without further ado, let’s discuss them one by one.
If you cannot unlock your iPhone or it shows an “iPhone unavailable” message on the screen, you can easily remove the iPhone unavailable with the erase iPhone feature. This option will completely reset your iPhone, erasing all your data, including the forgotten passcode.
To bypass the ‘iPhone Unavailable’ screen on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, follow these steps:
- Persistently enter the iPhone passcode until the Security Lockout screen emerges.
- Now the ‘Erase iPhone’ option should now be visible in the bottom right corner.
- Click on the ‘Erase iPhone’ button in the bottom right corner.
- On the subsequent page, a notice will inform you that choosing “Erase iPhone” will erase all files and settings from the device. To confirm, tap ‘Erase iPhone’ again.
- Here, you will need to sign out of your Apple ID. To sign out of your Apple ID, enter your Apple ID password.
- Click on the ‘Erase iPhone’ button. Now wait for your device to reset to factory state, eradicating all of your settings and data.
- Once the process is completed, you will need to set up your iPhone by following the on-screen instructions. (You can restore your data and settings if a backup is available).
Method 2: Use Apple’s Recovery Mode
You can also try using Apple’s suggested recovery mode to unlock the device. This method is most useful especially when the iPhone displays an ‘Unavailable’ message on the screen but there’s no ‘Erase iPhone’ option. You can attempt this method which is recommended by Apple — the Recovery Mode integrated in iTunes or the Finder app.
- Open iTunes or Finder (for macOS 10.15 and later) on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone device to the computer while it’s turned off. The procedure to enter recovery mode varies among models.
- Once the device successfully connected, you’ll see an option “Restore” or “Update” on the screen. Ensure to select “Restore” option.
- A subsequent dialogue box will inform you that restoring the iPhone will completely delete all your data and media files.
- Choose “Restore and Update” which will allow the computer to download the latest version of iOS for your iPhone.
- Once the procedure is completed, you can back to use your iPhone.
Last but not least, you can remove iPhone unavailable screen using iCloud. However, ‘Find My iPhone’ is a convenient tool and a built-in function of iCloud that allows you to locate and reset your iPhone or any other Apple devices.
This could be accessible with the help of internet connection. iCloud allows the users to store their personal data including media files on the cloud and synchronize their iPhone devices.
To remove iPhone unavailable screen using iCloud, follow these steps:
- Firstly, log in to ‘iCloud Find My’ using the same Apple ID you have set up on your iPhone. You can access iCloud from an iPad, Mac, Windows, or any smartphone with a browser.
- Now an automated map location will display all your device linked to the same Apple ID.
- Choose “All Devices” from the top menu and then select your iPhone from the list.
- Then, click “Erase”. Now you will see warning message on the screen that indicates all your files and settings will be permanently deleted.
- Click “Erase” again to confirm the process.
- The system will automatically start the process, removing the iPhone unavailable screen.
- Now, your iPhone will restart itself. You’ll have to set up your iPhone by following the on-screen instructions. After that, you can access your iPhone without the passcode.
That’s how you can troubleshoot and solve the “iPhone Unavailable” screen on your iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max. Make sure to choose a secure password that’s easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess. By choosing the secure and easy password, you’ll never encounter again these issues.
Encountering “iPhone Unavailable” screen on the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max can be a bit disconcerting, but it can be easily resolve by following the methods we have listed in this article. You can try any of mentioned methods to resolve the iPhone unavailable issue on your iPhone. We hope you have found this article helpful. If you’ve any other queries or doubts related to this, do let us know in the comments section.