Baldur’s Gate 3 is currently only available for PC, which limits its player base as it is not yet available for PS5 or Xbox consoles. Xbox players may have to wait until 2024 or even later to play Baldur’s Gate 3. However, PS5 gamers will be able to enjoy the game from September 6. There has been no official confirmation regarding Baldur’s Gate 3’s Xbox release due to technical issues and Microsoft’s publishing policy. Additionally, some PC users have reported a data mismatch error that prevents them from playing the game. In this article, we will provide a guide on how to fix the Baldur’s Gate 3 data mismatch error. Let’s get started.
- What Are The Causes of The Data Mismatch Error in BG3?
- How to Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Data Mismatch Error
What Are The Causes of The Data Mismatch Error in BG3?
There are several factors that can cause a data mismatch error in Baldur’s Gate 3, including outdated patch files, incompatible mods, deleted or corrupted files, and outdated or incompatible game versions.
How to Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Data Mismatch Error
So, if you are facing Baldur’s Gate 3 data mismatch error, then make sure to perform the fixes mentioned below:
Fix 1: Delete Installed Mods
In BG3, outdated and installed mods are the leading cause of the data mismatch error. Using mods in the past can cause errors when you launch games like Baldur’s Gate 3 if they’re saved on your computer. it is recommended that you delete any mod that you have installed to prevent this from happening. You can do this by following these steps:
- Enter the following path in the location bar: %LocalAppData%/LarianStudios/Launcher/Cache in Windows File Explorer.
- If this folder already exists, you will need to delete it by pressing the delete key on your keyboard. If this folder does not exist, navigate to the following path: …/Baldurs Gate 3/Data.
- If applicable, delete the mod settings.lsx file from the profile folder.
- To completely delete unsupported mods, empty your recycle bin.
- you can restart Baldur’s Gate 3 to determine if the data mismatch error has been resolved.
Fix 2: Verify Steam Game Files
In case you haven’t verified your Steam game files yet, then follow these steps to do so:
- Launch the Steam.
- You can find the game in your Library.
- Right-click the game and select Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Afterward, reload the game.
Fix 3: Delete Early Access Saves
In order to play the final release version of BG3, you should clean up any information you have from the EA version of the game.
- You can load the game by clicking the Load Game button in the main menu when you open Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Select the Delete Campaign option after reviewing your old campaigns.
Fix 4: Find Unexpected Files
In Baldur’s Gate 3, every time there is a mismatch data warning, the launcher creates a file that contains a list of files from the install and mods folders, which do not need to be there. Here’s how you can get access to it:
- You can paste %LocalAppData%/Larian Studios/Launcher/Cache into the location bar of your Explorer window and press Enter.
- Locate a text file that contains the version number of the game and mentions either Steam or Galaxy. The file should end with _alteredFiles.txt.
Fix 5: Rename The Larian Studios Folder
In response to the data mismatch error, many players who have contacted BG3’s support have been instructed to rename Larian Studios. You can do this by following these steps:
- In File Explorer, type %LocalAppData%/Larian Studios in the location bar.
- After opening it, find the Baldur’s Gate 3 subfolder.
- You can rename it anything other than Baldur’s Gate 3 and save it.
- To check if the data mismatch error appears, launch the game.
Fix 6: Delete Baldur’s Gate 3 Cache Files
In most games, data caches are saved, which can cause launch errors. In order to avoid bugs and ensure the game launches properly, we recommend deleting these files. In order to do so:
- Browse to %LocalAppData%/Larian Studios/Baldur’s Gate 3/LevelCache in File Explorer on your PC.
- Simply select all the contents in this folder and press delete on the keyboard.
- Don’t forget to empty your recycle bin as well.
- Try launching Baldur’s Gate 3 to see if the data mismatch error persists.
Fix 7: Uninstall And Reinstall Baldur’s Gate 3
It has been reported that users are able to fix the data mismatch error by performing a complete cleanup of Baldur’s Gate 3. By doing this, you can remove unsupported mods, temporary bugs, and glitches. Generally, we only recommend this option as a last resort if all other fixes have not worked. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Steam Client.
- Using the Steam Library, you can see what games you have installed on your computer.
- Right-click the Baldur’s Gate 3 folder.
- Using the context menu, select Manage and choose Uninstall.
- Once the process is complete, download and install Baldur’s Gate 3. You can launch it to determine if the data mismatch error has been resolved.
Fix 8: Contact Support Team
In case none of the earlier-mentioned methods worked for you, you can try contacting the support team and ask them about this problem; they will surely help you resolve the data mismatch error on Baldur Gate 3.
So, that’s how to fix the data mismatch error on Baldur Gate 3. Thank you for reading this article. We hope that this guide has helped you. But, in case you still face a data mismatch error, comment below and let us know.