2009’s League of Legends, also known as League, is a team-based multiplayer online battle arena video game with over 140 champions for free of cost. Riot Games has done this game inspired by Defense of the Ancients under the same genre. Though the title is doing quite well among the gaming community, some reports are complaining about League of Legends Tutorial Not Working or can’t claim tutorial rewards after completing the missions.
It seems that there is no way to skip the tutorial on League of Legends as of now. You must need to complete it whenever you want to continue playing the game. But if you ca unable to continue the tutorial on League of Legends, then you won’t be able to play the game. There might be some connection glitches, issues with the game files, an outdated game patch version, conflicts with the third-party background processes, antivirus blocking issues, DNS problems, etc.
- Fix: League of Legends Tutorial Not Working
- 1. Check for Network Connections
- 2. Run the Game as an Administrator
- 3. Update League of Legends
- 4. Repair the Game Files
- 5. Update the Network Driver
- 6. Close Background Tasks
- 7. Reset the Network Settings
- 8. Whitelist League of Legends
- 9. Change DNS
- 10. Reinstall League of Legends
- 11. Contact League of Legends Support
Fix: League of Legends Tutorial Not Working
Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you potential workarounds to easily fix the LoL tutorial not working issue on the PC. Ensure to follow all methods until the problem has been fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check for Network Connections
Make sure to check your internet connection before jumping to any other conclusion because a poor or unstable internet connection can simply trigger many issues with the game launching or connecting to the game servers online. Try switching your wired (ethernet) connection to Wi-Fi (wireless) or vice versa, and then check for the networking issue again. You can also increase the internet speed by upgrading your data plan (if required) or contacting your service provider to assign a new IP address.
2. Run the Game as an Administrator
The chances are high that you’re not running the specific game on the PC with admin access which might conflict with the user account control (UAC) regarding permission issues. To do this:
- Right-click on the League of Legends application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Next, click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Update League of Legends
You should try downloading the latest version of the League of Legends game to ensure there is no issue with the outdated game version. League of Legends uses the Riot Launcher on the Windows PC to run the game. So, make sure to open the Riot Launcher and check for available game updates from the settings menu directly. Otherwise, try opening the LOL game preview page on the launcher and then try updating it to the latest patch release.
It’s necessary to install the latest update to keep the game running well enough. Once installed, do not launch the game. Simply restart the computer to apply changes immediately and then launch LOL to check for the ping delay issue.
4. Repair the Game Files
It’s also recommended to verify and repair game files on your game client by following the steps below. Repairing the game files will fix multiple issues with the glitch or corrupted files or missing files. To do so:
- Open your League of Legends game launcher.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner to open Settings.
- Under the GENERAL tab, click on Initiate Full Repair.
- Click on YES to initiate a full repair > It’ll take some time to complete the process.
- Once done, run League of Legends, and check for the issue again.
5. Update the Network Driver
You should try updating the network adapter driver on the PC to ensure there is no conflict happening with the networking connectivity. Sometimes your internet connection might have a good signal or speed but the network adapter may trouble you due to driver-related issues. To fix it:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Network adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the specific network device.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
6. Close Background Tasks
If your PC gets slow or the gaming performance isn’t smooth as expected then make sure to close background processes that are unnecessary for you. It can prevent plenty of CPU/RAM usage so that your game can run easily. To do so:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change the effects immediately.
7. Reset the Network Settings
Another thing you should try is to perform the network reset on the Windows machine manually to clear any kind of issues or conflicts.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet > Scroll down the Status page to the bottom.
- Click on Network Reset > Click on the Reset Now button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, your PC will reboot automatically.
8. Whitelist League of Legends
Well, you can try whitelisting the LoL program in the Windows Firewall protection by following the steps below to avoid the LoL tutorial not working issues in most scenarios.
- Open the Start menu > Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Go to Systems and Security > Open Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Change settings > Select Allow another app.
- Select Browse > Click to select League of Legends.
- Click on Add and make sure to save changes.
9. Change DNS
Make sure to change the DNS address properly on the PC manually to ensure there are no issues with the DNS server connectivity. If in case, your specific ISP has some issues with the DNS address then make sure to use the Google Public DNS address by following the steps below to fix the game server connectivity.
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, search and open Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet > Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Go to your Connections to select Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or others depending on what you’re using.
- Next, click on Properties > Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) to open a new window.
- Click on Use the following DNS server addresses and input 22.214.171.124 as a Preferred DNS server.
- While you’ll have to enter 126.96.36.199 as the Alternate DNS server.
- Click on the checkbox of Validate settings upon exit.
- Click OK to confirm the changes > Launch the League of Legends game to check for the issue.
10. Reinstall League of Legends
You’ll need to simply uninstall and reinstall the LoL game on the PC by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the game application.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Go to Apps > Click on Apps & Features.
- Go to the search bar and type League of Legends.
- Now, click to select the game > Click on Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete uninstallation.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Then download League of Legends from the official website.
- Launch the installer wizard and complete the installation of the game client.
- Finally, click the Launch button and run the game.
11. Contact League of Legends Support
If none of the workarounds did help you, then contact LoL Support to submit a request for whatever issue you’re facing. We expect the support agents to suggest necessary troubleshooting and then escalate the issue to the developers to investigate if nothing helps.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.