Zeekerss has recently released a co-op horror first-person title called ‘Lethal Company’ that allows players to search and collect items or scraps in a post-apocalypse era. In this co-op game, players must avoid traps, environmental hazards, monsters, etc. The game has received plenty of positive reviews on Steam, but some of the bugs & errors are still there. Meanwhile, players are facing the Lethal Company An Error Occurred, Connection Error, Multiplayer & Connectivity Issue on the PC.
It seems that due to a certain bug, several players are unable to join the multiplayer lobby in Lethal Company. Multiple players have started reporting that whenever they try to join the lobby, they’re getting an error message “An error occurred” on the screen. We should mention that Lethal Company is currently going through an early access game which might include bugs or errors that we can’t deny. Although the title is well-optimized for the PC version, some in-game bugs will occur at times.
- How to Fix Lethal Company An Error Occurred, Connection Error, Multiplayer & Connectivity Issue PC
- 1. Reboot the PC
- 2. Run Lethal Company as an Administrator
- 3. Check the Internet Connection
- 4. Update Lethal Company
- 5. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- 6. Update the Network Driver
- 7. Close Third-Party Unnecessary Processes
- 8. Clear the DNS Cache
- 9. Disable VPN or Proxy Servers
- 10. Add Lethal Company as an Exception in Windows Firewall
- 11. Temporary Disable Antivirus Protection
- 12. Reinstall Lethal Company
- 13. Contact Support
How to Fix Lethal Company An Error Occurred, Connection Error, Multiplayer & Connectivity Issue PC
It looks like the affected players will have to go through some cross-checks to see whether everything works as expected on their end or not. Such as a poor internet connection, lack of system admin access, antivirus blocking, an outdated game patch, corrupted game files, VPN conflicts, temporary game cache issues, networking driver conflicts, third-party background tasks, and more can be possible reasons behind the multiplayer connectivity errors.
Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you some workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all troubleshooting methods until the error has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the PC
Before you perform other workarounds, you should reboot the PC manually to ensure there is no issue with the temporary system glitch or cache. As per multiple reports, several players have found this trick helpful. A normal restart of the system can fix several issues in most cases.
2. Run Lethal Company as an Administrator
Without having the system admin access, some of the programs might not run properly. Make sure to run the Lethal Company application on the PC as an administrator to allow the system admin permission. It’ll ensure that the application will run smoothly without any admin permission issues.
- Right-click on the LethalCompany.exe application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on Apply > Click on OK to save changes.
3. Check the Internet Connection
It seems that your internet connection is getting slow or unstable which might trigger game connectivity errors in the matchmaking. You should check the internet connection properly and then connect the wired (ethernet) connection to a wireless network or vice versa. You can also run a speed test of the connected internet via the online platforms to ensure there is no issue with the active network that you’re using. You can also contact your internet service provider (ISP) to get technical assistance.
4. Update Lethal Company
An outdated game patch version eventually causes multiple issues with the program launching or other in-game processes. If you haven’t updated your game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Lethal Company from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for some time to install the update.
- Once done, close the Steam client, and restart the PC.
5. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
In case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then ensure to perform this method to easily check for the issue. Sometimes missing or corrupted game files can trigger game startup and server connectivity errors up to some extent.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Lethal Company from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
6. Update the Network Driver
You should try updating the network adapter driver on the PC to ensure there is no conflict happening with the networking connectivity. Sometimes your internet connection might have a good signal or speed but the network adapter may trouble you due to driver-related issues. To fix it:
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Network Adapters category to expand the list.
- Right-click on the specific network device.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
7. Close Third-Party Unnecessary Processes
Unnecessary background running tasks or programs can eat up a lot of system resources like CPU or Memory usage reducing system performance. Hence, the startup crashing or other server-related errors might occur quite often. Make sure to close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely by following the steps below. To do this:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab.
- Select the specific task that’s unnecessarily running and consuming higher resources.
- Click on End Task to close the process.
- Once done, restart your system to apply changes.
8. Clear the DNS Cache
DNS cache data can get stored over some time on the PC and may cause several issues with the network connectivity sometimes. It’s better to flush DNS manually to check if the login queue error has been fixed or not.
- Open the Start menu > Search for cmd.
- Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes (if prompted) > Copy-paste the following command and hit Enter:
- You’ll receive the ‘Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.’ message.
- Next, execute the following command to register DNS:
- Then execute the following command to release the ipconfig:
- Now, execute the following command to renew the ipconfig:
- Then reset Winsock by performing the command below:
netsh winsock reset
- Close the command prompt and restart the PC to apply changes.
- Once done, run the game to check for server connectivity errors.
9. Disable VPN or Proxy Servers
We suggest you not use any kind of VPN (Virtual Private Network) or proxy servers at your end to avoid server connectivity issues. The chances are high that using a VPN is probably causing ping delay issues which eventually increases server connectivity timed-out errors. Even if a VPN service allows you to get into the geo-restricted content without any interruption, multiplayer gaming scenarios can be difficult enough due to increased input latency.
10. Add Lethal Company as an Exception in Windows Firewall
Well, you can try whitelisting the Lethal Company application in the Windows Firewall protection by following the steps below to avoid server connectivity or game startup issues in most scenarios.
- Open the Start menu > Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Go to Systems and Security > Open Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Change settings > Select Allow another app.
- Select Browse > Click to select Lethal Company.
- Click on Add and make sure to save changes.
11. Temporary Disable Antivirus Protection
You’ll have to turn off the Windows Security protection temporarily to avoid multiple issues with multiplayer connectivity on Lethal Company. Sometimes aggressive antivirus blocking issues might trouble you with the game running. Just follow the steps below to disable the antivirus protection.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
Please Note: If you’re using a third-party antivirus software then try disabling the real-time protection manually to fix the program blocking issues.
12. Reinstall Lethal Company
If none of the workarounds come in handy then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Lethal Company game on your gaming device. Sometimes issues with the game installation directory may cause multiple conflicts. You should uninstall and reinstall the game by following the steps below.
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Go to Library > Right-click on Lethal Company.
- Select Uninstall > Click on Delete to confirm.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Exit the Steam client > Open File Explorer.
- Copy & paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common on the address bar.
- Press Enter to search for the location.
- Go to the Lethal Company folder > Delete the folder completely.
- Reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, open Steam > Reinstall the Lethal Company game again.
13. Contact Support
Last but not least, you can try contacting the @ZeekerssRBLX Twitter handle and Steam Support to get better assistance on the same issue. If possible submit a support ticket to allow developers to investigate the issue further.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.