Microsoft Whiteboard is one of the popular online whiteboard applications where you can easily take notes, input your daily schedules, make templates, visualize creative ideas, make charts for working environment, educational learning, and more. Well, this is only available for the Windows, Android, and iOS platforms by Microsoft for free. However, it seems that the Microsoft Whiteboard Not Working, Not Loading, or Not Showing issue is bothering users a lot.
Well, this digital whiteboard canvas web app is integrated in a better way with Windows in a major workspace platform Microsoft Teams. That means you can also access Microsoft Whiteboard via Microsoft Teams during meetings or any presentation apart from using it via official client or mobile devices. However, if you’re one of the victims to encounter the Whiteboard app not working or not loading issue then you can follow this troubleshooting guide.
- Fix: Microsoft Whiteboard Not Working, Not Loading, or Showing
- 1. Make Sure Microsoft Whiteboard Is Enabled
- 2. Reboot the Microsoft Whiteboard or Teams App
- 3. Sign Out of Whiteboard and Microsoft Teams and Sign In
- 4. Check the Microsoft Whiteboard Server Status
- 5. Allow Microsoft Whiteboard Access Through the Firewall
- 6. Reinstall the Microsoft Whiteboard App
- 7. Try the Web Version of Microsoft Whiteboard
- 8. Contact Microsoft Support
Fix: Microsoft Whiteboard Not Working, Not Loading, or Showing
Some affected users reported that they have encountered the “An error occurred while processing your request. We could not find the content requested.” error message while trying to use the Whiteboard app via meetings on Microsoft Teams. Whereas some unfortunate users did encounter the not loading or not working or even not showing any content on the Whiteboard app. Here we’ve provided you with a couple of workarounds to easily fix the issue.
1. Make Sure Microsoft Whiteboard Is Enabled
First of all, make sure to enable the Microsoft Whiteboard from the organization where you want to load it. If you find that you’re unable to open or work on the Microsoft Whiteboard tool even after signing into your organization’s account that means you should contact your organization’s Office 365 administrator. Follow the steps below to easily enable Microsoft Whiteboard for each member in the organization.
- Go to the Microsoft Office 365 Admin Portal.
- Now, sign out of your account then sign back into it.
- Select Settings > Go to Service & add-ins.
- Make sure to find out Microsoft Whiteboard > Click on it.
- Click on the toggle to Turn Whiteboard on or off for your entire organization.
- Once done, click on Save to apply changes.
- Finally, you can try loading the Whiteboard app once again.
2. Reboot the Microsoft Whiteboard or Teams App
If in case, the Microsoft Whiteboard isn’t loading on your device then the chances are high that somehow the app glitch is troubling you temporarily. Make sure to reboot the application properly and clear background tasks to fix such an issue. To do so:
- Go to the desktop Taskbar > Open the Windows tray and right-click on the Microsoft Whiteboard or Teams icon.
- Next, click on Exit > Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Then click on the Processes tab > Search for Microsoft Whiteboard or Microsoft Teams task from the list.
- Finally, click on End Task to close the task then launch the application again.
- Click on Microsoft Whiteboard or Microsoft Teams from the Top Menu Bar.
- Select Quit Microsoft Whiteboard or Microsoft Teams from the drop-down menu.
- Now, press the Command+Option+Escape keys to open the Force Quit Applications window.
- Finally, click on the Microsoft Whiteboard or Teams icon > Click on the Force Quit button.
- Open your Recent Apps or App Switcher tab > Swipe up the Microsoft Whiteboard or Microsoft Teams app to close it.
- Restart the device manually to refresh the system then launch the Whiteboard or Teams app again.
3. Sign Out of Whiteboard and Microsoft Teams and Sign In
There are a couple of account-related issues that may appear due to account sign-in or temporary glitches whatsoever. It’s always recommended to sign out of your Microsoft Whiteboard and Microsoft Teams account and then sign back into it again. It’ll eventually refresh the account-related glitch completely. To do that:
- Open Microsoft Whiteboard or Teams app > Click on your profile icon from the top-right corner.
- Now, click on Sign Out from the context menu.
- Once done, you can log into your account via the login details.
- Open the Microsoft Whiteboard or Teams app on your device.
- Now, go to the sidebar and select your profile icon from the top-left corner.
- Tap on Settings > Tap on Sign Out > If prompted, select OK.
- Finally, you’ll be redirected to the account login screen > Just log into your account again.
4. Check the Microsoft Whiteboard Server Status
The chances are high that Microsoft servers or services aren’t running properly due to the downtime or outage or maintenance process. It’s better to cross-check the Microsoft Whiteboard Server Status from this link to ensure there is no issue with the services. If there is no issue with the server status then make sure to follow the next method. If there is an issue with the services then you should wait for a couple of hours and then try again.
5. Allow Microsoft Whiteboard Access Through the Firewall
Make sure to allow the Microsoft Whiteboard app to the Security or Firewall program so that the application can run properly. To do that:
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu > Type Windows Defender Firewall and click on it from the search result.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the left sidebar.
- Under the list of apps and features, click on Change settings > Make sure to checkmark the Microsoft Whiteboard option for both Private and Public types.
- Click on OK to save changes.
- Click on the Apple logo to open the Apple Menu in the upper left corner.
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down list.
- Now, choose Security & Privacy > Click on the Firewall tab.
- Click on the lock icon at the bottom-left corner > Make sure to enter your admin username and password to allow changes.
- Click on the Turn Off Firewall option > Once done, you can try opening the Microsoft Whiteboard app again.
Note: If the Firewall protection isn’t the reason behind such an issue then make sure to enable it again.
6. Reinstall the Microsoft Whiteboard App
Well, it seems that reinstalling the Microsoft Whiteboard app can easily fix the issue related to the not working or not loading. Sometimes a cache data issue with the app itself or issues with the installed app files may conflict with app launching problems. Make sure to uninstall the app first and then reinstall it from the official app store depending on which device you’re using.
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Apps & Features from the list > Search for Microsoft Whiteboard from the list and click on it.
- Click on Uninstall and wait for the process to complete.
- Finally, reinstall the Microsoft Whiteboard app from the Microsoft Store here.
- Click on the Launchpad to open it from your Applications folder. You can also pinch close with your thumb and three fingers on your trackpad.
- If you don’t see the Whiteboard app in Launchpad, type its name in the search field at the top of the screen. [OR swipe right or left with two fingers on your trackpad to show the next or previous page]
- Now, press and hold the Option key. [OR click and hold any app until the apps jiggle]
- Click on Delete next to the Whiteboard app that you want to delete > Click on Delete to confirm.
- The app will get deleted immediately. Then go to the Apple App Store and reinstall the Whiteboard app again to check for the issue.
- Long-press the Microsoft Whiteboard app and select Uninstall. [Press and hold the Microsoft Whiteboard app > App Info > Uninstall on some Android devices]
- Select Uninstall > Once the app is uninstalled, make sure to head over to the Google Play Store application and install Whiteboard again.
- iOS users will have to long-press the Whiteboard app icon > Tap on Remove App.
- Tap on Delete App and confirm the task to complete it.
- Once done, make sure to open Apple App Store and then reinstall the Microsoft Whiteboard app again to check for the issue.
7. Try the Web Version of Microsoft Whiteboard
Some reports are also coming out that using the Microsoft Whiteboard web version can help you to understand whether the application is having any issues or not. Heading over to the Microsoft Whiteboard Webpage to log in.
8. Contact Microsoft Support
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to contact Microsoft Office 365 Support for further assistance. Ensure to provide all the required details to support the ticket/form so that the issue can be investigated deeply. If in case, there is a bug present in the Microsoft Whiteboard app then you can open the application > Go to Settings > Tap on Send Feedback and submit your report.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.