You might have heard about the Microsoft account if you use Microsoft products such as Windows 10, Xbox, or Office. Microsoft accounts give you access to various Microsoft services, such as OneDrive, Skype, and Microsoft Teams. Additionally, you can connect with other Microsoft users, download apps from the Microsoft Store, and customize your Microsoft experience when you have a Microsoft account. This article will teach you how to link your Microsoft account via the microsoft.com/link website.
- Why Link Your Microsoft Account?
- How do you Link Your Microsoft Account via microsoft.com/link?
- Step 1: Open the Linking Page
- Step 2: Enter Your Product Key
- Step 3: Sign in to Your Microsoft Account
- Step 4: Link Your Microsoft Account
- Step 5: Customize Your Settings
- Step 6: Finish the Process
- How to Recover your Microsoft Account Password on a Computer
Why Link Your Microsoft Account?
First, let’s discuss why you might want to link your Microsoft account. You will benefit from linking your Microsoft account in the following ways:
- Ease of Access: You can access all Microsoft services with a single account by linking your Microsoft account. You don’t need to remember a different username and password for each service.
- Seamless Integration: Sync your Microsoft account across all your devices, and you can access your email, contacts, and files. You can access your data from anywhere with this feature.
- Personalized Experience: You can personalize your Microsoft experience by linking your Microsoft account. You can customize your desktop, start menu, taskbar and download apps from the Microsoft Store.
How do you Link Your Microsoft Account via microsoft.com/link?
Now that you know why you should link your Microsoft account, let’s move on to the steps for doing so:
Step 1: Open the Linking Page
You must first open the linking page to link your Microsoft account. To do this, visit microsoft.com/link. When the page loads, you will be prompted to enter your 25-digit product key.
Step 2: Enter Your Product Key
You will need to enter the 25-digit product key here. You will receive this key if you purchase a Microsoft product, such as Windows 10, Office, or Xbox. You can skip this step if you don’t have a product key.
Step 3: Sign in to Your Microsoft Account
When you have entered your product key, click “Next.” After signing in to your Microsoft account, click “Finish.” By clicking “Sign in,” you can sign in using your email address and password. By clicking the “Create one!” link, you can create a Microsoft account if you don’t already have one.
Step 4: Link Your Microsoft Account
The process of linking your Microsoft account will be prompted after you sign in. To proceed, click “Link now.” Once your account details have been verified, you will be prompted to confirm them. Then click on the “Confirm” button if everything is correct.
Step 5: Customize Your Settings
Customizing your settings is possible once you have linked your Microsoft account. All your devices can sync your data, including passwords, histories, and favorites. Additionally, you can choose to receive personalized recommendations from Microsoft.
Step 6: Finish the Process
You can complete the process of linking your Microsoft account by clicking the “Finish” button once you have customized your settings. After that, you will be taken to your Microsoft account dashboard, where all your Microsoft services can be accessed.
How to Recover your Microsoft Account Password on a Computer
It can be frustrating to forget your Microsoft account password, but fortunately, it can be recovered. This step-by-step guide will show you how to recover your Microsoft account password on a computer:
#1. Go to the Microsoft account recovery page
To reset your Microsoft account password, open your web browser and go to account.live.com/password/reset.
#2. Enter your Microsoft account email address
Click “Next” on the Microsoft account recovery page. Enter your email address and click “Next”.
#3. Select the account recovery option
Your Microsoft account password can be recovered using several options on the next page. These may include:
- Email: You can receive a password reset link by email if you know the email address associated with your Microsoft account.
- Text: Select this option to receive a security code via text message if you have added a phone number to your Microsoft account.
- Authentication app: You can use this option to receive a security code if you have an authentication app installed, such as Microsoft Authenticator.
Select the option that is most convenient for you and click on “Next”.
#4. Enter the security code
Your email address will be used to send you the link to reset your password if you select the email option. If you select these options, your security code will be sent via text or an authentication app. The code must be entered in the field provided and clicked on “Next”.
#5. Create a new password
You’ll be asked to enter a new password for your Microsoft account on the next page. Make sure you choose a strong password that’s easy to remember but difficult to guess. The new password should be entered in the fields provided and clicked on “Next”.
#6. Sign in with your new password
The new password can be used to sign into your Microsoft account on your computer or other device once you have created it.
However, you can easily recover your Microsoft account password and gain access to your account by following these steps. Make sure your password is secure, and don’t share it with anyone else to avoid unauthorized access.
It is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few easy steps by linking your Microsoft account through microsoft.com/link. All Microsoft services can be accessed in one account, and all your data can be synced across all devices by linking your accounts.
You should link your Microsoft account now if you haven’t already so that you can take full advantage of Microsoft’s products and services. Please reach out to Microsoft customer support if you encounter any problems while linking your accounts. You should also choose a strong password, enable two-factor authentication, and regularly check your Microsoft account activity to ensure your account security.
You will be able to protect your personal information and prevent unauthorized access to your account. So, that’s all we have for you on this topic. We hope that this guide has helped you. For more info, comment below and let us know.