The OnePlus 12, which is the first flagship smartphone powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset, has been recently launched in India. However, some users have reported experiencing issues with battery drain on these devices. This issue has a significant impact on the device’s performance and usability, which can be frustrating for users. To help with this problem, we have listed some possible solutions to the battery-draining issue on the OnePlus 12 and 12R 5G devices.
- Possible Causes of Battery Draining Issue on OnePlus 12 / 12R 5G
- How to Fix the OnePlus 12 / 12R 5G Battery Draining Issue
- Fix 1: Optimize Battery Usage
- Fix 2: Check and Optimize App Usage
- Fix 3: Check and Optimize Battery Optimization Settings
- Fix 4: Update your Software
- Fix 5: Factory Reset
- Fix 6: Check and Disable Background Apps
- Fix 7: Disable Location Services
- Fix 8: Check for Battery-Hungry Apps
- Fix 9: Adjust Screen Brightness and Timeout
- From Author’s Desk
Possible Causes of Battery Draining Issue on OnePlus 12 / 12R 5G
To fix the issue of battery draining on OnePlus 12 and 12R 5G smartphones, we need to identify the possible reasons behind it. Here are some of the common causes:
– Heavy usage of the device, such as gaming or video streaming, can drain the battery quickly if used for extended periods or demanding tasks.
– Faulty apps that are not optimized for the device can consume a lot of battery power even when not in use, leading to further battery-draining issues.
– Battery optimization settings on the device may also cause battery draining problems if set incorrectly.
– Like any other electronic device, OnePlus 12 and 12R 5G smartphones may also experience battery-draining issues due to software bugs.
How to Fix the OnePlus 12 / 12R 5G Battery Draining Issue
Now that we know what may cause battery-draining issues on OnePlus 12 and 12R 5G devices let’s look at some possible solutions.
Fix 1: Optimize Battery Usage
Your first step should be to optimize your battery usage. To do this, follow these steps:
- The display of the device primarily causes battery drain from devices. Power consumption can be greatly reduced by reducing the screen brightness.
- If you are not using certain features like Bluetooth, GPS, or NFC, turning them off can help you save battery life.
- You can also save battery power by shortening the screen timeout. You can do this to ensure that the screen turns off quickly when you are not using the device.
- It is possible to extend the battery life of the OnePlus 12 or 12R 5G device by enabling the battery saver mode. This mode limits background activity, reduces screen brightness, and limits performance to save battery power.
Fix 2: Check and Optimize App Usage
If you are experiencing battery drain issues, another solution to consider is checking and optimizing your app usage. Some apps may consume a significant amount of battery power even when they are not actively in use. To optimize your app usage, you can take the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Battery to see which apps are consuming the most battery power. You can either uninstall or optimize battery-consuming apps if you find any that are using a lot of energy.
- It is important to limit background activity: Some apps may operate in the background even when they are not being used, consuming battery power. Using Settings > Apps and Notifications > Apps > [App Name] > Battery > Background restriction, you can limit such apps’ background activity.
- To reduce battery consumption, you can also optimize the settings of individual apps. If you want to reduce the frequency of notifications for social media apps, you can disable auto-sync for email apps.
Fix 3: Check and Optimize Battery Optimization Settings
Your device’s battery optimization settings may be contributing to battery-draining issues, so it’s worth checking and optimizing them as a possible solution.
- Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization to check battery optimization settings. Listed below are battery-efficient apps. If you notice any apps that are not optimized, you can manually optimize them.
- You can disable the adaptive battery if you don’t want it to adjust your battery usage according to your app usage patterns. Some users may not benefit from this feature, and disabling it may help to reduce battery drain. You can disable the adaptive battery by going to Settings > Battery > Adaptive battery.
- Disable Digital Wellbeing: You can manage and control your app usage by disabling Digital Wellbeing. Nevertheless, this feature may also consume battery power in the background. Go to Settings > Digital Wellbeing & Parental Controls > Digital Wellbeing to turn off Digital Wellbeing.
Fix 4: Update your Software
If you’re experiencing battery drain issues on your OnePlus 12 or 12R 5G device, you may want to try updating your device’s software. Just like any other electronic device, software bugs can cause battery drain issues. To fix these bugs and improve the performance of your device, you can update the software by going to Settings > System > System updates.
Fix 5: Factory Reset
If you’re experiencing issues with your device’s battery draining quickly, and none of the other solutions have worked, a factory reset might be worth considering. A factory reset will erase all data and settings, returning the device to its original state. This can help resolve any software issues that might be causing the battery drain. However, it’s important to back up your data before performing a factory reset. To do a factory reset, you can go to Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).
Fix 6: Check and Disable Background Apps
Even when you aren’t actively using them, background applications run in the background. Battery power can be consumed by these apps, especially if they are resource-intensive. Here are the guidelines you need to follow to check and disable background apps on your OnePlus 12 or 12R 5G device:
- Go to Settings > Battery.
- To access the menu, tap the three-dot icon at the top right of the screen.
- Select Battery usage.
- In this section, you will see a list of apps and their battery usage percentages. In the foreground and background, you can see how much battery an app has used.
- To disable an app that consumes excessive battery power in the background, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Select the app > Battery > Battery optimization > Select “Don’t optimize.”
Fix 7: Disable Location Services
For apps like navigation or weather apps that require your location to function, location services are useful. Nevertheless, these services can consume battery power, particularly if they track your location continuously. Here are the guidelines you need to follow to disable location services:
- Navigate to Settings > Location.
- You can turn the location switch off by toggling it off.
- You can also disable location services for specific apps by going to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Select the app > Permissions > Toggle off Location.
Fix 8: Check for Battery-Hungry Apps
Some apps consume a lot of battery power, even when not being used. Streaming services, gaming apps, and social media apps can all fall into this category. Follow these steps to see if your apps are battery-hungry:
- Navigate to Settings > Battery.
- In the top right corner, click the three-dot menu icon.
- Choose Battery usage.
- You can view a list of apps and their battery usage percentage here. Even when the app isn’t running, watch for applications that consume a large amount of battery power.
- To save battery power, consider uninstalling or disabling the app.
Fix 9: Adjust Screen Brightness and Timeout
In a smartphone, the display is one of the most energy-intensive components. To conserve battery power, adjust the screen brightness and timeout. You can adjust the screen brightness and timeout by following these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Display.
- Make sure the brightness slider is set at a lower level.
- Make the screen turn off automatically when not in use shorter by selecting Sleep > Set a shorter time.
From Author’s Desk
If you are a user of OnePlus 12 or 12R 5G devices, you may experience battery-draining issues that can adversely affect the performance and usability of your device. However, there are some solutions that you can try to fix this issue. By implementing these solutions, you can hopefully resolve the battery draining problem and enjoy all the benefits that your device has to offer. We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If you require further assistance or information, please feel free to leave a comment below.