The OnePlus 12 has recently been launched in India as the first flagship smartphone powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset. It boasts a 50-megapixel primary camera with a Sony LYT-808 sensor and a 64-megapixel telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom. The OnePlus 12 and 12R run on OxygenOS 14, which is based on Android 14, straight out of the box. However, users may face Wi-Fi issues, which can be frustrating and disrupt their experience. These issues include being unable to connect to Wi-Fi, frequent disconnections, or being connected without internet access.
Fortunately, there are several troubleshooting steps that can be taken to resolve these issues. In this article, we will focus on the OnePlus 12 and 12R 5G smartphones, but the steps can also be applied to other Android devices. So, let’s get started without any further delay.
- Fix OnePlus 12 / 12R 5G Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue
- Solution 1: Check the Basics
- Solution 2: Turn Off Bluetooth
- Solution 3: Check your Wi-Fi Band
- Solution 4: Reboot your Phone
- Solution 5: Perform a Hard Restart
- Solution 6: Reboot your Router
- Solution 7: Check for Software Updates
- Solution 8: Reset Network Settings
- Solution 9: Factory Reset your Phone
- Solution 10: Contact OnePlus Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
Fix OnePlus 12 / 12R 5G Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue
Having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi can be a frustrating experience, especially when you’re not sure what steps to take to fix the issue. But don’t worry, we’re here to help you. Below are ten solutions that you can try to resolve this problem once and for all. Be sure to try all the solutions before coming to a conclusion.
Solution 1: Check the Basics
Before proceeding to more advanced steps, it is crucial to check that you have covered the basics. Firstly, make sure that your Wi-Fi is turned on and that you are attempting to connect to the correct router. Sometimes, minor glitches can prevent you from enabling Wi-Fi, so tap the Wi-Fi icon several times to confirm that it is turned on.
Solution 2: Turn Off Bluetooth
Another fundamental step to improve Wi-Fi signal strength is to turn off Bluetooth. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi operate on the same frequency and can cause interference when used simultaneously. If you’re facing issues with the Wi-Fi connection, try disabling the Bluetooth and check if the Wi-Fi signal improves. If the Wi-Fi issue persists, it means the Bluetooth isn’t causing any problem, and there might be another underlying issue causing the problem.
Solution 3: Check your Wi-Fi Band
It is important to connect your device to the correct Wi-Fi band for a smooth experience. To ensure this, your device and router should be on the same band. The OnePlus 12 and 12R 5G support both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Therefore, it is crucial to check if your router supports both bands. You can do this by checking your router’s settings. Once confirmed, make sure to use the 5GHz band for a seamless Wi-Fi experience.
Solution 4: Reboot your Phone
If you’re still having issues with Wi-Fi, try rebooting your device to clear any software glitches. Here’s how to reboot your OnePlus 12 / 12R:
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Once the power menu appears, drag the slider toward the restart option.
- Your phone will now restart.
- Once your device has restarted, try using Wi-Fi again. Everything should work fine now.
- If you still face the issue, move down to the next solution.
Solution 5: Perform a Hard Restart
If restarting or rebooting your phone didn’t solve the problem, you might want to try performing a hard restart. A hard restart will erase all data from your phone’s memory. This should help fix any glitches that could be caused by system processes. Here’s how to perform a hard restart on your phone:
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons on your OnePlus 12 / 12R.
- Do not release the buttons until you see the OnePlus or the Android logo.
- Once your device has restarted, check to see whether Wi-Fi works again.
Solution 6: Reboot your Router
If you’re experiencing problems with your Wi-Fi, try restarting your router. When the router is having issues, it can affect the functionality of the Wi-Fi on your OnePlus 12 / 12R. Fortunately, fixing this issue is easy – just reboot your router.
Here’s how to restart your router:
- Unplug the router from the power outlet and wait for a few minutes.
- The more you wait, the better the result will be.
- Now, plug your router back in and see if the Wi-Fi works properly.
Solution 7: Check for Software Updates
If you’re having difficulty connecting to Wi-Fi, it’s recommended that you check for any available software updates on your device. Outdated software can cause significant problems for your OnePlus phone, so it’s always a good idea to keep your software up-to-date. Here’s how you can update your phone’s software.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on About device.
- Then, tap on OxygenOS at the top of the screen.
- If an update is available, tap on Download and Install.
- Once the update is installed, restart your phone, and the issue should be resolved.
Solution 8: Reset Network Settings
If updating the software doesn’t fix the issue, you may want to try resetting your network settings. The network settings include Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and VPN connection settings. Resetting the network often helps fix network-related issues, including Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
It is important to note that resetting your network will delete all your saved Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth devices, and VPN configurations. So, proceed with keeping this in mind. Here’s how to reset the network settings on your OnePlus 12 / 12R:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on Additional Settings.
- Then, scroll down and select Back up and reset.
- Tap Reset phone and then Reset network settings.
- Enter your lock screen password and tap Reset network settings again to confirm. All your network settings will be reset.
- Once done, try connecting to Wi-Fi again; everything should work flawlessly.
Solution 9: Factory Reset your Phone
Finally, if everything fails to solve the issue, you should factory reset your phone. Factory resetting your phone will return it to its factory settings and solve any software bugs that might be causing the issue.
Performing a factory reset means that all your data will be deleted. So, take a backup of all your data before proceeding. Here’s how to factory reset your OnePlus 12 / 12R:
- First, take a backup of all your phone’s data.
- Once you have backed up everything, open the Settings app.
- On the Settings app, scroll down and tap Additional Settings.
- Then, scroll down and select Back up and reset.
- Tap Reset phone and then Erase all data.
- Enter your lock screen password and tap Erase data again to confirm.
- A factory reset may take around 15-20 minutes or more, depending on the amount of data you have.
- Once your phone is completely reset, you need to set it up as if it were new. Make sure you have an active internet connection during the setup.
Solution 10: Contact OnePlus Support
If you have tried all the methods mentioned above and still cannot resolve the Bluetooth issues on your OnePlus 12 / 12R 5G, it is recommended to seek assistance from OnePlus support. They have a team of experts who can guide you through fixing the issue. If they find any hardware issue, they may recommend sending your device for repair.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my OnePlus 12 / 12R?
To reset your OnePlus 12 / 12R, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Back up and reset > Reset phone > Erase all data > Erase data. Make sure to back up your data before you reset your phone.
Will I lose any data if I hard reset my phone?
You will not lose any data if you hard restart your phone. Your device will only be restarted like you normally do.
What if restarting my router does not fix the Wi-Fi connectivity issue?
If you figure out that your Wi-Fi router is the culprit, you should try resetting it. To reset your Wi-Fi router, find a tiny hole in the back of your router. Insert a paperclip or something of that sort firmly into the hole to press the reset button. On some routers, the button may be exposed. Press and hold it for a few seconds to reset your router. If resetting the router doesn’t help, you need to get it replaced with a new one.
Wi-Fi connectivity issues can be frustrating, but with these troubleshooting steps, you can resolve them and enjoy seamless internet access on your OnePlus 11 or 11R 5G. If you have tried all the methods and still cannot fix the issue, contacting OnePlus support for further assistance is best. Finally, if you have further questions, let us know in the comments below.