Oppo F17 Pro Pro smartphone is another spectacular device from the brand, offering multiple stunning specs like an 8GB RAM, 128GB storage space, quad-camera setup, and an on-screen fingerprint sensor. Here we will explain whether the Oppo F17 Pro will receive the official Android 11 (ColorOS 11) update.
Google has finally pushed the official stable Android 11 update to all the Pixel devices (except the first-gen pixel). It’s the successor version of the last year’s Android 10 (Q) which mostly featured privacy & security functionalities. However, things have changed now and this time the Android 11 has arrived with a bunch of additional features, other system improvements, UI changes, and more.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status of Oppo to push the Android 11 to the newly launched Oppo F17 Pro. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding Oppo F17 Pro Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 11?
Google’s Android 11 (R) is the 11th-iteration of Android OS that has been released officially on September 08, 2020. It’s the successor version of the last year’s Android 10 (Q) which mostly featured privacy & security functionalities. However, things have changed now and this time the Android 11 has arrived with a bunch of additional features, other system improvements, UI changes, and more.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 11?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 11 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in November 2020 most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin. The upcoming ColorOS 11 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 11 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 11 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10 and the ColorOS 11 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 11 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 11. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 11 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 11, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
Oppo F17 Pro Device Overview
The Oppo F17 Pro comes with stunning three color options like Magic Blue, Matte Black, Metallic White. It packs with a Super AMOLED 6.43-inches display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels, a 20:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, etc. While the device runs on Android 10 on top of ColorOS 7.2 skin and equipped with an octa-core MediaTek Helio P95 SoC, paired with PowerVR GM9446 GPU, 8GB RAM, and 128GB onboard memory apart from the dedicated MicroSD card slot.
The handset comes with a quad rear camera setup that includes a 48MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, Panorama, HDR, an LED flash, etc. While it packs a dual punch-hole selfie camera setup of a 16MP (wide, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with HDR support. It has a 4,015mAh battery with 30W fast charging technology.
In terms of the connectivity options, Oppo F17 Pro has a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. While the device sports an optical under-display fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, gyroscope, compass sensor.
Will Oppo F17 Pro Receive the Android 11 Update?
Updated on February 03, 2021: Today Oppo rolled the January 2021 security patch for the Oppo F17 Pro based on Android 11. The update is labeled with software version CPH2119_11_C.22.
Updated on December 07, 2020: Today Oppo Global tweeted about their ColorOS 11 timeline which promises to roll out to many devices this month.
Thank you all for your incredible patience & support! pic.twitter.com/HEfmBeivoy
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) December 3, 2020
Updated on November 12, 2020: Oppo finally started rolling the Android 11 (ColorOS 11 beta) for the Oppo F17 Pro in India. The update is labeled with the software version CPH2119NV1B_11.C.15.
Regarding the official Android 11 Update for Oppo F17 Pro, there is nothing to worry about, the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Oppo, almost every Oppo device gets at least 2 major software updates. Since Oppo F17 Pro was launched with Android 10 out of the box, and it will receive the next 2 major updates; Android 11 R and Android 12.
Right now there is no official roadmap of ColorOS 11 because ColorOS 7 or 7.2 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Oppo releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.