New update added on June 9, 2020: For those who have successfully enrolled themselves with the Oppo F9 Pro ColorOS 7 (Android 10) early adopters program, they are now receiving the ColorOS 7.1 Android 10 based update on their devices. As already mentioned, the update is rolling out only for the early access users and it brings along system stability, Bluetooth connection issues, fixed compatibility with third-party apps, fixed camera glitches, and launched issue. The update arrives with version number CPH1823EX_11_F.09 and weighs in around 283 MB in size. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
- Improved system stability.
- Improved memory the utilization rate.
- Fixed an issue where the admin could not edit family members in Family Sharing of Heytap Cloud.
- Fixed some Bluetooth connection issues.
- Fixed compatibility issues with third-party apps.
- Fixed camera function glitches and improved photo quality.
- Fixed a display issue with the Home screen when in editing mode.
New update story on June 1, 2020: Finally, a new batch of the Android 10 (ColorOS 7) beta update for the Oppo F9 Pro is now live in certain regions across the world. Notably, the update will be bringing all the latest and greatest that Oppo has to offer with the ColorOS 7 along with all the core features of the Android 10. The update is currently live for the users in India, Egypt, the Philippines, Indonesia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Algeria. This Oppo F9 Pro beta program is limited to 50,000 users across the globe. Users are requested to be running the C.20/C.19/C.18 official ROM version in order to be eligible to receive the update on their devices.
The trial version of the update will be arriving with version number F.07. As per the official post, if you are interested in enrolling yourself with this fourth batch of Android 10 ColorOS 7 beta updates for the Oppo F9 Pro, then you need to go to “Settings – Software Updates”, tap the settings icon in the upper right corner, tap “Trial Version”, fill in the information, select the must-know checkbox, and tap “Apply Now”. Here is the official changelog that depicts the features that you will get after updating with the beta version:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for a better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
New Update Story on May 02, 2020: Today Oppo started rolling ColorOS 7.1 for the Oppo F9 Pro in some region. There is no explanation by Oppo team regarding the update yet. Well, few users shared this updated screenshot in the Oppo community. Here is a user who received ColorOS 7.1 for Oppo F9 Pro based on Android 10.
New Update Story on April 25, 2020: All the Oppo F9 Pro users should start rejoicing as the company has finally made an official announcement on its forum that after overcoming the difficulties in the development process of ColorOS 7 in this Coronavirus lockdown situation, the ColorOS 7 + Android 10 Trial Version for the Oppo F9/F9 Pro will be released on April 30, 2020.
In addition, the company has also mentioned that the second batch of ColorOS 7 beta program will hit the shores in the mid-May 2020. Whereas detailed information will be provided by the Oppo very soon in the official announcement. Till then stay tuned for more info and we will keep updating all the details whenever available. Meanwhile, all the interested Oppo F9 Pro users should be ready to apply for the beta testing program faster than others to be a part of the first batch.
New Update Story on April 24, 2020: While most of the smartphone OEMs have already done pushing out the latest Android 10 official stable update to most of its eligible devices, Oppo is still finding its way to deliver the update quickly. Though the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta has been rolled out to plenty of Oppo devices like Reno series, Find X lineup, A9, F11 series, R17 series, etc, there are a couple of devices pending as well and Oppo F9 Pro is one of them.
Previously, Oppo has promised to roll-out the ColorOS 7 beta update to the Oppo F9 Pro model in April 2020. But as the time goes on and it’s a week away to end the April month, some of the reports are coming out that both the Oppo F9 and F9 Pro are standing in line to receive the ColorOS 7 beta update very soon. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, things are getting delayed continuously.
Meanwhile, one of the ColorOS Community Moderators has replied and assured that the beta update will start arriving by this month or by early May 2020 expectedly. Now, as an Oppo F9 series user, we can only wait for the official announcement. Till then, stay tuned.
New Update Story on April 11, 2020: Today Oppo released a new statement regarding their April release of ColorOS 7. With this new update plan, Oppo ignores and delays the update of Android 10 ColorOS 7 for Oppo F9 and F9 Pro due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Here is their statement regarding the same.
Due to public health concerns regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, our R&D is affected by the current quarantine policy, resulting in the delayed delivery of system updates. The release of ColorOS 7 trial version for F9 and F9 pro may be postponed. (Source)
After launching the Android 10 officially by Google, each and every Android smartphone OEMs has started developing and providing the latest firmware update to its devices in phases. However, not all the device users lucky enough to receive the Android 10 update and Oppo F9 Pro users are no exception here. The handset was launched in August 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo (ColorOS 5.2). Here we’ve shared the details of Oppo F9 Pro Android 10 with ColorOS 7 Update Tracker.
Now, after a couple of months, Oppo is able to release the early adopters update to its eligible devices from March to June 2020 and Oppo F9 Pro is one of them. So, if you’re an Oppo F9 Pro user and want to get a taste of the latest Android 10 update right now, then you will get the beta testing recruitment announcement in April 2020 officially.
Table of Contents
ColorOS 7 Features (Android 10)
Oppo has launched its new custom skin version called ColorOS 7 officially a couple of months ago. If you’re one of the Oppo Reno 2 users then you should wait for the official stable update based on Android 10. It features plenty of customized features or options specific for the Oppo devices along with most of the native Android 10 features. Let’s take a quick look below.
- Redesigned UI
- New icons pack with a custom shape, size
- Breeno Smart Voice Assistant
- Improved RAM management
- New sound effects
- Portrait Mode 2.0
- Soloop video editor
- Improved visual design and UI elements
- ART+ Wallpapers
- System-wide Dark Mode
- Improved notification center
What’s on Android 10?
Google has announced the 10th iteration of Android OS in September 2019. It comes with several features and system improvements. To be very specific, the Android 10 version mainly offers better user experience and privacy/security features.
It features System-wide Dark Mode, Gestures Navigation, Wi-Fi & QR Code scanning, improved app sharing menu, improved app permissions, enhanced location privacy control, easy security updates, Focus mode, live caption, family link, multi-camera API, built-in call screening, sound amplifier, better notification control, and more. It also offers 5G support, foldable support, improved lock screen, smart reply, etc.
Oppo F9 Pro Android 10 with ColorOS 7 Update Status
If you don’t know, the ColorOS 7 skin version is based on Android 10. As mentioned, it offers plenty of features and system improvements than its predecessor. Now, according to the recent developments and the official announcement of ColorOS Global on Twitter, it’s very clear that Oppo is ready to push beta updates to its devices.
#ColorOS fans, rejoice! 🎉
Now that March is here, we understand that many fans have been waiting for more #ColorOS7 + #Android10 trial version batches.
Check our Q2 plan and stay tuned for more announcements!
How to apply👉save it for future use：https://t.co/nDQhBfcnXC pic.twitter.com/JJ244dScW6
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) March 6, 2020
After the Coronavirus outbreak, China and some other countries have affected majorly. So, plenty of device launch events and software developments or releases are delayed to March. Now, it seems that Oppo becomes eligible to start pushing ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta updates to its compatible devices in batches. Talking about the Oppo F9 Pro, the device will start receiving the Android 10 trial version recruitment in April 2020.
Oppo F9 Pro Specifications
The device came with an LTPS IPS LCD 6.3-inches display with Full-HD+ resolution. It has a MediaTek Helio P60 SoC, Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, 4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage with a dedicated MicroSD card slot. It features a dual nano-SIM card slot, a waterdrop notch screen, etc. The handset came with Android 8.1 Oreo and currently runs on Android 9.0 Pie.
While the device packs a dual rear camera setup of a 16MP (f/1.8) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc. It sports a 25MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie shooter on the front side with AI modes like HDR, Portrait mode, Beauty mode, etc. Both the rear and front cameras are capable to record Full-HD 1080P videos @30fps.
The device has a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0 port, USB OTG, etc. It packs a 3,500mAh battery with 20W VOOC Flash Charge support. The device also features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.