Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd, also known as Oppo. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer offers great budget and flagship smartphones at a competitive price segment. It also brings design and hardware innovations for its devices to give a better user experience. Oppo devices run on ColorOS custom skin that is optimized for Oppo phones over Android OS. If you’re using any of the Oppo handsets and want to flash the stock firmware or update the software, this guide is for you. Check out the simple guide on How to Flash Oppo Firmware on your device [Software update guide].
Stock Firmware comes with the device by default from the device manufacturer with its own customizations and improvements to work the system better. Due to Android’s customizations or versatility, most of the advanced users or developers try to flash any Custom ROM, install Root, or flash any mod files on their devices. In these cases, some times the device may not work properly or the software becomes laggy. Even if you’re running official stock firmware and experiencing some issues with the software, re-installing the Stock ROM will fix most of the issues.
Latest Oppo Firmware Update Advantages
The advantages of updating the latest software version are mentioned below:
- Optimizing system performance.
- Prolonging your battery life.
- Developing compatibility with more third-party apps.
- Enhancing the system stability.
There are two recommended software update methods available for your Oppo handset that will be easier for you and will come in handy for most of the time. We will share both the updating methods below with all the requirements and firmware download links.
- Make sure to DO NOT root your handset by yourself or without any knowledge. The process may damage the device system and your device warranty will void immediately (if any).
- The firmware updating process will take some time. So, please be patient.
- It may delete all of the device data (internal) completely such as contacts, messages, documents, etc. Make sure to take a full back up of your important data before doing anything.
- Keep the Oppo phone battery juice above 50% or you can plug your device into charging as well.
- Connect your device to a working Wi-Fi network for faster and stable software updates.
Steps to Flash Oppo Firmware on your device [Software update guide]
As we already mentioned above that there are two recommended updating methods that will share with you. Both methods are easy and safe enough that can be useful even if you don’t have that much knowledge. Now, let’s jump into the methods.
1. Update Oppo Software Wirelessly (via OTA)
- First, connect your device to a working Wi-Fi network. The system will automatically show a new software update is available (if any). Now, you can see a notification on the ‘System updates’ icon.
- If your device firmware is already updated, then it will show “It is already the latest version”.
- Then download the firmware by following on-screen instructions.
- Tap on the System Updates option. Your device will reboot and start updating the installed firmware version.
- It will take a few minutes. You’re done.
2. Update Oppo Software with SD Card (via Recovery)
- Go to the OPPO Official Website > Click on Support > Software Updates.
- Next, download the appropriate firmware for your device model and move it to the root directory of your SD Card without any folder. (Oppo Firmware Download Page)
- Then put your SD card inside the device slot and power off the phone.
- Now, press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons together until the phone enters into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Under the Recovery Mode, tap on the Install from storage device option > select Install from SD card and find the update package.
- Tap on the firmware zip file and a confirmation message will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the Yes button. Your device will reboot and start updating.
- It will take some time. Have patience.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you. If you’re using the Oppo handset then you can update the firmware version easily. If you have any queries, ask in the comments below.