Updated on June 6, 2020: Oppo isn’t fast enough to provide major Android updates to its eligible devices. The same happens for the Android 10 update. However, it’s better late than never and Oppo has released all-new ColorOS 7.2 UI along with the Oppo Reno 4 5G series devices. ColorOS 7.2 features a couple of new improvements like Moonlight Night View Video Algorithm, new Soloop Video Editor, AI App Pre-launch, updated Super Power Saving Mode with 3 Stage, Intelligent Album, OPPO LAB, and ColorOS 7.2 Open Camera SDK.
- Moonlight Night View Video Algorithm: It offers improved quality of videos during the night time or low light conditions.
- New Soloop Video Editor: It offers additional video effects or filters to make a more cinematic look.
- AI App Pre-launch: This feature basically tracks your daily activity and habits in order to give you more efficient power consumption. It also offers faster app opening times for certain apps.
- Updated Super Power Saving Mode with 3 Stage: The Oppo VOOC Super Flash Charge already offers better and faster charging to the Oppo devices. Now, the improved super power-saving mode brings smart backlight, CPU tuning, better standby timing, etc.
- Intelligent Album: It offers all the people from a video scene using AI to group them easily. It can can be also used in Soloop Video Editor.
- OPPO LAB: It offers AI Repair mode that helps you to repair old photos easily by retouching them.
- ColorOS 7.2 Open Camera SDK: Now, ColorOS 7.2 users can easily install third-party camera apps like Google Camera as the ColorOS 7.2 camera SDK has been opened now. It will include video stabilization, HDR mode, and other native features.
Finally, ColorOS 7 (Android 10) is officially released with smooth and delightful user experience. The all-new latest ColorOS skin version has arrived with a bunch of new features and user interface that are highly optimized and designed for the Oppo’s full-screen based devices. According to the company, the new ColorOS version has improved the whole new system elements, easy to understand lightweight icons, more features, simple interactions, etc. Here in this article, we have shared the ColorOS 7 Update: Features and Supported device list.
As mentioned, the ColorOS 7 is based on Android 10 that offers all the Android 10 goodies along with the customized and dedicated ColorOS functionalities or features. It’s the successor version of the last year’s ColorOS 6 that was based on Android 9.0 Pie. Meanwhile, Realme has developed its own customized stock skin called Realme UI for its Realme device models (Android Pie or above).
It’s worth mentioning that the new version of ColorOS is fully revamped and offers plenty of useful and exclusive features that the users will appreciate very much. Most importantly, the new light visual design concept is a game-changer with a more rich color scheme, UI elements, Art+ wallpapers, etc that literally reduces the visual fatigue to the users. Now, let’s take a close look at the overview.
- What’s New in ColorOS 7?
- Features of ColorOS 7
- 1. Artist Wallpaper Project
- 2. Improved Camera UI
- 3. Soloop Video Editor
- 4. Gets Clear Documented Photos
- 5. Improved Privacy in Multi-User Mode
- 6. Game Space (Hyper Boost Technology)
- 7. Improved Performance (Loading Time)
- 8. Private Safe Features
- 9. App Lock
- 10. Digital Wellbeing
- 11. Clone Phone
- 12. Smart Sidebar
- 13. Smart Assistant
- ColorOS 7 Update Timeline:
- ColorOS 7 Supported Device List
What’s New in ColorOS 7?
There are so many things that have been included in the ColorOS 7 and thanks to Android 10 for making it possible in most aspects. The all-new redesigned user interface with the light color scheme, improved app icons, smoother gesture navigation, animation transition effect, new gorgeous looking stock wallpapers, Breeno smart voice assistant, etc is new in the ColorOS 7.
Additionally, the OS brings improved RAM management, faster app opening time, faster response time, improved game mode, increased battery backup, etc. While the new sound effects, improved camera features & performance, the much-appreciated Soloop video editor, and more things have been bundled with it.
Now, talking about the update rollout process, Oppo has already started pushing the official stable ColorOS 7 update based on Android 10 to its plenty of eligible devices from the last month and rolling out Reno series & Find X devices. Recently, the Oppo F9 series devices have received the OTA update. As the company is rolling out the update in an incremental manner, we should wait for the update notification. Now, let’s take a brief look at the most highlighted features below.
Features of ColorOS 7
According to the Android 10 goodies, the new ColorOS 7 brings a lot of cleaner and clutter-free user interface, system-wide, dark mode, new navigation gestures, new Digital Wellbeing support with the Focus mode, improved camera user interface, updated system apps, smart sidebar, improved screenshot management, all-new charging animation, pause function in screen recording, improved accessibility mode, etc.
While the new OS also bundled with improved sounds like pre-loaded ringtones, floating window mode, improved recent task functionality, optimized game space, live wallpapers, more lock screen clock styles, dynamic weather ringtone, use random MAC while using Wi-Fi, OPPO share now support, improved album UI, optimized contacts UI, DocVault, and more.
1. Artist Wallpaper Project
Oppo has included the Art+ stock wallpapers and live wallpapers for the ColorOS 7 users that simply offer stunning, expressive, colorful wallpapers or animations that will blow your mind. The live wallpapers dynamically change with the help of interactions whenever the user navigates around the phone.
Meanwhile, there are some of the beautifully crafted earth-based or nature-based wallpapers included that are soothing to the eyes and interactive with humans.
2. Improved Camera UI
With the help of enhanced AI and algorithm processes, the ColorOS 7 users can click far better images and videos. The improved camera UI is bundled with the perfect selfie mode, Ultra night mode, smart blur mode with manual adjustment for the bokeh effect, new Beauty mode 2.0, AI face beautify mode, etc.
3. Soloop Video Editor
The all-new ColorOS 7 has introduced the improved Soloop video editor that lets you quickly create and share videos on your preferred platform. In a single word, it’s a smart and short video editor app that helps you to create vlogs like a professional.
4. Gets Clear Documented Photos
The built-in text scanner helps you to scan any documents into photos in a single tap. While the text scanner app sharpens the text quality. Additionally, you can print files using your phone. The company has brought the much-awaited program for the Oppo devices. The ColorOS 7 supports more than 2,000 printer models that also supports image & PDF files.
5. Improved Privacy in Multi-User Mode
Oppo has included the improved privacy built-in feature. It seamlessly works and protects both your home and work life much easier. Users are using the same app at a time and most importantly, the same app users can’t change or view other users’ app data.
6. Game Space (Hyper Boost Technology)
The new ColorOS 7 (Android 10) included a smoother and lag-free gaming experience. In this mode, the screen touch rate reduces by up to 35% and it improves the game performance by up to 20%. The improved Game Space mode has added a startup splash screen, transition animation, 4D vibration effect, and more. It also reduces network delay while online gameplay.
7. Improved Performance (Loading Time)
The new ColorOS 7 includes pretty much system optimization that runs very smoothly. The phone boot time reduced to 15% and the app boot time has been reduced to 25%. Now, most importantly, the system overall performance is up around 30%.
While the power saving mode, the ColorOS 7 offers AI-powered battery juice saving that increased the battery life by up to 10% for the daily usage. It basically learns your sleep pattern and enters in the hibernation.
8. Private Safe Features
You can easily turn out your Oppo smartphone that runs on ColorOS 7 version into a mobile vault. Additionally, you can secure photos, videos, audios, and other files that are important. As users can’t trust on any third-party app, it’s better to have your own vault.
9. App Lock
Now, the ColorOS 7 users don’t need any third-party app locker to keep safe essential or private apps. The built-in app lock feature will definitely come in handy. Just enter the password for encryption and you’re good to go.
10. Digital Wellbeing
From the shelf of Android 9.0 Pie/10 native feature called ‘Digital Wellbeing’ mode along with the Focus Mode simply delivers the best ways to reduce smartphone addiction by limiting the usage timeframe and restricting access to the specific apps or games very efficiently.
11. Clone Phone
Now, the ColorOS 7 users can simply scan a QR code to start cloning easily on their Oppo devices. You will be also able to copy your data to a new phone without any additional requirements. The data migration process is fully encrypted for the better security of the data.
12. Smart Sidebar
Smart Sidebar is the ColorOS 7’s exclusive and customized on-screen drawer where users can store and quickly access all the useful apps. The upgraded floating window supports more apps and it’s more convenient to use. Additionally, in order to enter the Split Screen mode, you will need to slide your finger to bring out the sidebar and then drag out the app you want to use.
13. Smart Assistant
In the smart assistant mode, the ColorOS 7 users can see all the essential information in one place. Such as steps counts, events, popular app, and more. While sports fans can also check out all the up-to-date live coverage reports, news, updates, and more.
ColorOS 7 Update Timeline:
Phase 1 in Nov 2019
- OPPO Reno
- OPPO Reno Inspiration Edition
- OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
- OPPO Reno Barcelona Custom Edition
- OPPO Reno Ace
- OPPO Reno Ace Gundam Edition
Phase 2 in Dec 2019
- OPPO Reno 2
Phase 3 in Q1, 2020
- OPPO Reno 2 Z
- OPPO Reno Z
- OPPO Find X (including special editions)
- OPPO R17 (including special editions)
- OPPO R17 Pro (including special editions)
- OPPO K5
Phase 4 in Q2, 2020
- OPPO R15 (including special editions)
- OPPO K3
- OPPO A9
- OPPO A9x
- OPPO A11
- OPPO A11x
Realme has started the beta program before launching the ColorOS 7 update. Previously, there have been rumors that Realme is working on the RealmeOS which will be designed for specially Realme devices. But recently, Realme official cleared that Realme will stick with the ColorOS for now and they’re working on ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 for Realme devices as well. Meanwhile, Realme is trying to deliver the stock-like user experience with the ColorOS 7 for its device users.
ColorOS 7 Supported Device List
Check out the list of Oppo device models that will get the ColorOS 7.
OPPO F11, F11 Pro & F11 Pro Avenger’s Edition Android 10 update:
If you are the owner of the OPPO F11, F11 Pro and the F11 Pro Avenger’s Edition then, there are new updates available for the devices. Notably, the second batch of the ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 is now rolling out for the devices. The second batch of the ColorOS 7 is limited to 5,000 users and there are a lot of new features that this new update brings in for the OPPO F11, F11 Pro and the F11 Pro Avenger’s Edition. The update has been also made available for the users in India. And once the update goes live it will be notified to the users via OTA.
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
Oppo R17 and R17 Pro Android 10 update:
Oppo R17 series was launched in the year 2018 with Android Oreo out of the box. In mid-2019, the device received an Android 9.0 Pie update with ColorOS 6. As promised, Oppo started rolling the second major update to both the device with ColorOS 7 based on Android 10. The update is labeled with version PBEM00_11_F.01 and users must ensure to that their devices are on the latest PBEM00_11_C.06, PBEM00_11_C.07, PBEM00_11_C.09.
- New borderless design is newly upgraded, the vision is more shocking, the operation is more efficient, and the experience is more natural
- Added OPPO Sans default font, overall simple and elegant, full of technological beauty
- Added Breeno instructions, allowing you to complete daily tasks faster with fewer steps, and create personalized shortcut instructions
- Added Breeno voice and photo search function, you can perform voice search based on photo time, place, person, etc.
- Added Breeno voice, camera wake-up, voice switchable camera mode
- Added Breeno voice, turn on and off dark mode, query step count, open Breeno screen and other voice commands
- Added Breeno suggestions, wake-up reminders, today ’s schedule and recommendations for dressing, etc.
- Added Breeno suggestion, bus information card, real-time reminder bus information
- Added Breeno suggestion, low battery reminder, automatic detection of nearby charging treasure merchants when low battery
- Added Breeno sleep mode, enter dark mode at night, and turn on DND
- Added Breeno screen, meeting schedule information identification, you can add a schedule with one click
- Optimized Breeno scan, independent scanning and identification, easy to evoke
- Added Breeno driving, which can quickly open the phone, music, WeChat and a recently used application
- Added Breeno quick tour, news information module
- Smart Sidebar
- Optimize visual interaction and enhance one-handed operation experience
- Optimize the smart sidebar, replace the file table with file management, and remove the Breeno voice, ultra-clear visual effects, and notification not to disturb three shortcut tools
- Add notes shortcut tool
- Added support for drag and drop applications to achieve fast split screen
- Added “buoy transparency” and “buoy full screen hidden” settings
- Optimize the floating window mode adaptation range, more applications support floating window opening
- Added floating window bubble function to support fast expansion / collapse of floating window
- Optimized three-finger screen capture, you can press and slide with three fingers to select the screen capture area; long press and slide down to drag the screen to quickly take a screenshot
- Added screenshot settings, which can adjust the position of the preview floating window, set the prompt sound, etc.
- Optimize screenshots to preview floating windows, pull down to share, and pull up floating windows for long screenshots
- Navigation Gesture 3.0
- Added swipe in from the sides of the screen and pause to switch to the previous app
- Optimize all gestures to support landscape scenes
- Added flashback button, support desktop display of important information such as navigation, taxi and game, quick return to application with one click
- Added dark mode, saving power and protecting eyes
- Added focus mode to help block outside interruptions while working or studying
- Added new charging animation style
- Optimize the control center interaction, making the one-handed operation experience more friendly
- Added screen recording pause function
- Added screen recording floating window and recording settings
- Added 360 cleanup engine
- New global themes, themes add more playability
- Added global delete sound effects, calculator key sounds, compass pointing sound feedback
- Optimize built-in ringtone resources
- Added accessibility TalkBack hover tips
- Added accessibility color mode to improve the user experience of visually impaired users
- Added the latest task management page, including the latest task display memory information switch and application lock management
- Optimize visual interaction in game space
- Optimize the game space to start the animation
- Added new interactive live wallpaper
- Added Art + static wallpaper
- Added desktop sliding settings, which can be customized to open the global search or notification center
- Add desktop icon customization, you can customize icon size, shape, style
- Optimize the unlocking process, you can switch the unlock mode by swiping up
- Optimize password unlocking vision, more convenient for one-handed unlocking
- Added lock screen support for live wallpapers
- Optimize the clock style of interest screen, more personality choices
- Added simple desktop mode, larger font icons, more concise and clear
- Add password function, auto-fill password, realize one-click login
- Added the remote guard application usage time, you can check the use of the mobile phone in the past 7 days
- Added remote guardian deactivation period, which can set the deactivation period of the bound mobile phone
- Added a time limit for the remote guard application, you can set the duration of the mobile phone application, and limit the number of games
- Add remote guard one-click navigation, one-click navigation to the location of the bound mobile phone
- Added SOS emergency contact smart customer service for help. When the emergency contact does not answer the call, the intelligent customer service will help continue to call the emergency contact
- Added random MAC address to connect to WiFi, block targeted advertisements, protect privacy, and make information more secure
- Added status bar icon prompts when using sensitive permissions, you can view the details of the specific invoked application to prevent personal privacy from leaking
- Added permission usage records, you can view the history of application call permissions
- Add note palace pattern
- Added note background setting, providing 6 colors and 4 skin backgrounds
- Added reminder time reminder function, you can set reminder time for reminders
- Added the function of deleting and retrieving notes, deleted notes will be kept in the recently deleted folder for 30 days
- Added calculator small window mode, support quick start through control center and smart sidebar
- Add recording trimming function, you can trim existing recordings to get important clips
- Added calendar support to customize the recurrence period of the schedule
- Add alarm clock dynamic weather ringtone to match different ringtones according to the weather of the day
- New weather animation effects, showing different dynamic effects according to different weather
- New file management Add OPPO cloud disk entrance to access OPPO cloud content
- Optimize camera interaction and improve operation experience
- Optimized camera countdown interaction and prompt sound
- Optimize the interaction of albums and albums, the levels are clearer, and the pictures are more convenient
- Added album recommendation, support more than 80 types of scene recognition
- Added OPPO mutual transmission support and mutual transmission with Vivo and Xiaomi devices
- Optimize phonebook vision, bring more concise and efficient experience
- Add new phone number shortcut settings page, one-click to create new contacts, add tags or add to blacklist
- Add new inactive periods, customize inactive periods, and effectively manage phone usage time
- Added time limit for new applications, you can set the application duration, limit the number of games in some games, and prevent apps and games from being addicted
- Optimized search function, support fuzzy search and search record display
- Added Soloop Instant Recording to better understand your video intelligent creation tools
- Add health, monitor sports health data, and provide health services
Oppo Find X Android 10 update:
Along with Oppo R17 series, Oppo Find X started receiving the first major update of ColorOS 7 based on Android 10. The update is labeled with version PAFM00_11_F.01 and brings the same changelog which we found in the R17 series.
Oppo Reno 2 Android 10 with Color OS 7:
After rolling the first batch of ColorOS 7 for the Oppo Reno 2, today, Oppo started rolling the second batch of ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 for the Reno 2.
Oppo F11 & F11 Pro Android 10 update:
Oppo started rolling the Android 10 update with their custom skin called Color OS 7 for the Oppo F11 series in India. The update is labeled with the software version on the OPPO F11 to CPH1911_11_C.17. Users with the OPPO F11 Pro receiving a similar version of CPH1969_11_C.17.
- Your system will be upgraded to ColorOS 7 and Android 10.
- Borderless visuals bring a lighter feel and a smoother experience.
- Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
Source: Realme Community (Chinese) |
Oppo f9 pro colorOS7 support or not support