Oppo is currently accepting new beta users for its second batch of ColorOS 7 Android 10 beta rollout for Reno 2. The smartphone maker has announced this on its Twitter handle. Back in the very last week of December 2019, the first iteration of ColorOS 7 beta began rolling for the Reno 2 users. In the first batch, up to 2000 users were accepted. The same number of applicants can also apply for the second batch of the beta rollout.
The Android 10 beta will bring in a plethora of features for the Oppo Reno 2. The device will get a new font, system-wide dark mode, gesture navigation with landscape mode support, new screenshot methods. Also, the home screen is getting a lot of customization options. There are new static and live wallpapers for the phone.
You can take a look at the official changelog of the ColorOS 7 Beta that is now moving over-the-air for beta testers.
ColorOS 7 Changelog
• A brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• screenshot preview floating window has been optimized: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Adds the trim feature in Recordings.
• New Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Camera UI optimization for better user experience.
• Timer UI and sound optimization.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimization of the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports the fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
In the first quarter of 2020, Oppo’s R17, Reno, Find X series will receive the Color OS 7 update. Oppo A9 will also receive the system upgrade in 2020 Q1. Last week, Oppo started the ColorOS 7 Beta program for Oppo F11 and F11 Pro.
New beta applicants can avail the open beta by going to the Settings App > tap on Software update. Tap on the Trial version, agree with the terms and conditions and select Apply Now. Keep in mind that Beta software sometimes acts buggy. So, installing the same may affect the working of your device. Install it only if you are an enthusiast and don’t care for a few bugs on your device.
So, if you are yet to apply for the Android 10 beta on your Oppo Reno 2, then, go and do it now.