Oppo has begun the circulation of invitations for the ColorOS 7 Beta test for F11 and F11 Pro. This means users of these devices can apply to have a first-hand experience of Android 10. The new Android OS based on ColorOS 7 was announced last year in October. By December 2019, the Chinese OEM will roll out the system update for its Reno Series smartphone. Now, the F11, F11 Pro and F11 Pro Marvel Avengers edition will also receive the ColorOS 7.
The trial run for ColorOS 7 Beta will be open to a limited number of users. Later this year all the variants of Oppo F11 will enjoy the stable Android 10 update. With the first batch, Oppo will accept up to 2000 users as beta testers. We believe that there may not be any second installment of beta testing. Already in the first batch so many users will test the software. So, in a month or two we can expect the stable rollout to take place.
A user can apply for the ColorOS 7 Beta test in a few easy steps. Go to Settings > Software Update. Under that tap on the Trial version. Select the required approval checkbox. Then hit Apply Now.
Oppo makes it clear that the beta test comes with its usual shortcomings which is none other than bugs. There are chances that the first-hand experience of ColorOS 7 may also bring bugs and glitches. If you have a device that you use for daily use, then it’s better to wait for the stable rollout. However, if you wish to try out the beta, then follow the procedure cited above. The OEM also encourages to provide earnest feedback about possible bug situation to the developer team.
Now, let’s take a glance at the massive update the Oppo devices will enjoy with the ColorOS 7 Beta. Here is the complete official changelog.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• The brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• New OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Adds two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
•The floating Window feature brings more apps.
• A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimization for the 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• New screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Charging animation.
• Quick Settings user interface optimized for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• System pre-loaded ringtones have been optimized.
• Integrates TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• Optimizes visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimization for the startup animation for Game Space.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Camera UI optimization for better user experience.
• Timer UI and sound and optimized.
• Optimizes the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
So, that’s it. If you have been waiting eagerly to try out the Android 10 on your Oppo F11/F11 Pro then enroll for the beta test now.