Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G is the latest 5G variant of their 4th Gen Oppo Reno series. Reno series is basically Oppo’s innovation series, where they implement different new tech that is going to be in their flagship range series. The device came out of the box with Android 10 (ColorOS 7.2) update.
If you are here, then you may be looking for a stock firmware flash file for your Oppo Reno 4 Pro (Model: CPH2109). If yes, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to flash the stock ROM file on Oppo Reno 4 Pro by using the QFil Flash tool, QPST Flash Tool or MSM download tool.
We have shared all the pre-requisites files to download and install the stock ROM flash file on your device.
Table of Contents
- 1 Oppo Reno 4 Pro Device Overview
- 2 Why We Need Stock Firmware?
- 3 How to Install Oppo Reno 4 Pro Stock ROM Flash File
Oppo Reno 4 Pro Device Overview
Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G features a 6.553-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels along with a 90Hz refresh rate. Along with this beautiful display, it houses a dual front camera setup in the form of punch-hole design. And also it features the fast under-display fingerprint sensor. And as the name suggests, it is going to feature the 5G modem for 5G connectivity in coming future.
In terms of optics, Oppo Reno4 Pro sports a dual front camera setup that includes a 32-megapixel camera accompanied by a 2-megapixel camera. On the rear side, it features a triple camera setup with a combination of a 48-megapixel primary lens with optical image stabilization support, a 12-megapixel secondary shooter, and a 13-megapixel telephoto lens along with a laser autofocus sensor.
Under the hood, the device is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 5G SoC along with Adreno 620 GPU, paired with 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of onboard storage working of UFS 3.1 technology. The 5G connectivity is the courtesy of the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 5G SoC.
The Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G packs with a 4,000mAh battery, which is backed up by a 65W VOOC 4.0 fast charging support. It runs ColorOS based on Android 10 and packs 256GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card. The Oppo Reno 4 Pro has a dual-SIM smartphone that will accept Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. It is available in Blue and Orange colors.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Oppo Reno 4 Pro. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Oppo Reno 4 Pro Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using the Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Oppo Reno 4 Pro
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Oppo Reno 4 Pro
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Oppo Reno 4 Pro
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Oppo Reno 4 Pro
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore Oppo Reno 4 Pro back to Factory State
- Device Name: Oppo Reno 4 Pro
- Model: CPH2109
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: MSM download tool | QFil or Qualcomm Flash Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- Android Version: Android 10
How to Install Oppo Reno 4 Pro Stock ROM Flash File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Oppo Reno 4 Pro, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: Oppo Reno 4 Pro
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers and Tools: Qualcomm USB drivers, QFil Flash Tool or QPST, and Oppo USB Drivers
- Firmware Flash File File:
- CPH2109_11_A.17: Download
- CPH2109_11_A.11: Download
Instructions to install:
After downloading the firmware file for Oppo Reno 4 Pro from the link above, you will need to use the Qualcomm Flash image loader Tool to flash the Stock firmware. Here is a detailed guide mentioned below which you can follow completely.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Oppo device.Guide to Install Oppo Firmware on any Oppo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via MSM Download Tool
Download MSM Download Tool and Qualcomm USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using MSM Download tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:Steps to Flash Stock Firmware Using QFil Flash Tool
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Oppo Reno 4 Pro :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Oppo Reno 4 Pro.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Oppo Reno 4 Pro device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.