The Oppo A9 (CPH1938) was launched in April 2019 which is powered by Mediatek MT6771V Helio P70 SoC. It’s under INR 20,000 price tag which is a great mid-range all-rounder smartphone.
If you’re using this device and want to flash the stock firmware file then, this guide is for you. In this article, we will share with you the steps on how to install Stock ROM on Oppo A9 [Firmware Flash File]. You have to follow the full guide with all the links and requirements provided below. The guide is quite simple and easy to follow. You can also watch our complete video guide about the Stock ROM installation on any MediaTek devices.
Due to Android’s open-source nature, it’s quite easy to customize or mod an Android device. If you’re an advanced user or a developer and customizes your Oppo A9 handset a lot, this guide is for you. Some times, due to some improper steps or mistakes, your Android device may get bricked easily. It may also lead your device to the bootloop issue, camera failure, Google apps crashes, OTA issues, and more. Additionally, if you’re using a Custom ROM, Mod Files, Root, or TWRP on your A9 device and now want to revert back to the Stock Firmware, follow the full guide.
Also Read: Oppo A9 Software Update Tracker
Table of Contents
What is the Stock ROM?
A Stock ROM/Firmware is the official system/software which is designed by the smartphone manufacturer for a particular device model and it comes by default with the Android OS. The Stock ROM makes every smartphone brand devices unique, stable, secure, and obviously it’s official. The Stock Firmware doesn’t come with too many customizations or visual changes which keeps it lightweight.
While a Custom ROM or Custom Firmware does come with a lot of customizations or functionalities which may offer you so many features and visual look. But it doesn’t provide that much stability or security to the device and system. Most of the Custom ROMs bring unstable and buggy user experience with so many errors and issues.
Therefore, if you’re using any Custom third-party firmware on your handset and facing similar kind of issues, it’s better to get back to the Stock ROM as early as possible. Check out the stock firmware advantages below.
Importance of Stock Firmware
Stock ROM is always an important part of smartphones or any device. When you install and use the stock ROM on your Android phone, you can fix up a lot of problems. Check it out.
- With the help of stock ROM, You can unbrick your Oppo A9.
- Solve the bootloop issue on Oppo A9.
- You can bypass system Lock and Screen Lock.
- Removes any possible case of spyware or Adware in your devices.
- To fix any bugs or apps error issues on your Oppo A9.
- Revert back the device warranty (if applicable).
- Fix OTA update missing issue.
- Device Supported: Oppo A9 (CPH1938)
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6771V Helio P70 SoC
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie, Color OS 6.0
- File: Software Update
- Latest Firmware: CPH1938EX_11_C.31
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oppo A9
Before doing anything, we need to have the ROM file for the Oppo A9 model. Here is the download link for the same.
Download Flash Files
|Flash File Name: CPH1938EX_11_C.31
File Size: 2.8 GB
Version: Android 10.0
|Flash File Name: CPH1938EX_11_A.42
File Size: 2.2 GB
Version: Android 9.0 Pie
|Flash File Name: CPH1938_11_A.24
File Size: 2.2 GB
Version: Android 9.0 Pie
Before starting with the installation process, follow the pre-requirements at first.
- This ROM file is for the Oppo A9 model only. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge your phone up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data without Root.
- Download and install the latest Oppo USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download the SP Flash Tool and install it on your computer as well.
- You will also require VCOM Drivers in this installation process. Download VCOM Drivers and install it.
Now, let’s go to the Stock ROM installation process. You have to follow the guide properly.Guide to Install Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
Hope this guide will help you a lot. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.