In this guide, we will show you the steps to flash the stock firmware on your device using SP Flash Tool. Nowadays, devices with MediaTek chipset are on the rise. With many Redmi devices also boasting of this chipset, its userbase is constantly upscaling the charts. Along the same lines, these devices are also quite an active player in custom development. Due to Android being open source in nature, you could carry out a plethora of tweaks and customizations onto your device. These include the likes of custom ROMs, custom recovery such as TWRP, and tons of other mods.
Likewise, you could even gain access to the system partition by rooting it via Magisk. This would then give you an opportunity to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Frameworks, and other related mods. However, these tweaks might bring in some risks as well. If you flash an incorrect binary or messes up with the instructions, then your device might end up in a boot loop or bricked state. But even if that happens, you could easily bring the device back to normal working condition by flashing the stock firmware using SP Flash Tool. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What is SP Flash Tool
SP Flash Tool is software that has been designed specifically for MediaTek devices. It beholds quite a few useful features, the most important of which involves flashing the stock firmware. So if your device gets bricked or you aren’t getting the OTA updates, then you could manually flash the ROM using this tool. Along the same lines, you could also carry out a Memory Test of your device. This will help you to verify the status of external memory devices.
Likewise, there is also a Parameter Setting that will help you to read or write the OTP parameter. Then there is also an option to perform a factory reset on your device. While you could do the same right from your device, but it requires way too much effort. Whereas this tool has completely streamlined the process and just requires a single mouse click to carry out the desired task. With that said, let’s start off with the guide to flash the stock firmware on your device using SP Flash Tool.
How to Flash Stock Firmware Using SP Flash Tool
The below instructions have been laid down into separate sections for ease of understanding. Follow along in the exact same sequence as mentioned.
STEP 1: Backup your Data | Charge your Device
First and foremost, it is recommended to take a complete device backup. Along the same lines, you should keep the device sufficiently charged, at least 50% is the recommended level so that it doesn’t turn off midway during the process.
STEP 2: Install the Required Drivers
There are a couple of drivers that you need to install as well. The first one is the Android USB Drivers that will help your PC in identifying your device. Next up, is the MediaTek Drivers that will make it possible for the tool to interact with your Mediatek chipset device. So get hold of both the drivers from the below link:
STEP 3: Install the SP Flash Tool
It’s now time to install the SP Flash Tool through which you flash the stock firmware on your device. So download the tool from the below link and extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Download: SP Flash Tool for Windows and Linux
STEP 4: Download Stock ROM for your Device
Next up, download the stock ROM for your device. You could browse through our comprehensive collection of stock firmware and download the one for your device. Or you could also check with your device’s manufacturer if they have uploaded the official ROM on their website. Anyways, once you have downloaded the ROM, extract it inside the same folder where you have installed the SP Flash Tool.
STEP 5: Flash Stock Firmware Using SP Flash Tool
Now that we are done with all the requirements, we could start off with the steps to flash the stock firmware using the SP Flash Tool. Follow along for the detailed instructions.
- Head over to the folder where you have extracted the SP Flash Tool and double click on the flash_tool.exe file to launch it.
- Then click on the Choose button next to the Scatter Loading File section.
- Browse to the downloaded stock ROM, select the Scatter file, and click Open.
- The tool will now start loading all the stock firmware files. Once that is done, it is recommended to untick the Preloader option. This is because flashing the preloader.bin file might lead to a few issues.
- Once that is done, click on the Download button of the SP Flash Tool. The entire interface should now be greyed out, as shown in the image.
- Now power off your device. Press and hold the Volume Up and Down buttons together and connect it to the PC via USB cable.
- As soon as you connect the device to the PC, the tool will recognize your device and the flashing will begin automatically.
- You could keep a track of the same using the progress bar situated at the bottom.
- Once the process is complete, you will get the Download OK message, signifying that the process has been completed successfully.
- You may now close the tool and unplug the device from the PC.
- Finally, reboot your device using the Power key and it should boot to the OS.
You can watch the complete video tutorial for the same.
That’s it. These were the steps to flash the stock firmware using the SP Flash Tool. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.