Android is a well-known operating system which in fact is the base of almost every leading Smartphone in the present scenario. Android Software Development Kit acts as a medium between the Android based widget and the computer that carries development. SDK is basically a set of tools that help in developing Android applications in a reliable manner. Among these tools, the most powerful one is ADB. If you are using Android for a long time, possibly you are familiar with it. However, in case you are not, we will let you know about it. So here I will guide on How to Sideload ROMs and Mods Using ADB Sideload.
Actually, it acts as a channel that ensures smooth flow of data among an Android device and a PC. It is one of the very adaptable command line tools that are capable of overhauling your gravel device and installing the important apps when the need of same is felt. There is something extremely important for you to keep in mind and i.e. it’s not possible to use this tool unless you enable USD debugging option. You can find it in Developers Options in the Android Setting in your device. USB debugging makes the port accessible among ADB interface and Android device.
How to Sideload ROMs and Mods Using ADB Sideload
The good thing is Android 4.3.1 which is also called as Jellybean carries fresh amendment to ADB and inserted a novel mode which is known as Sideload Mode. This can simply be used to integrate with recoveries also. ABD Sideload is considered to install the ZIP files through command line of ADB so that Mods and ROMs can easily be installed with the help of ADB. It may seem weird to you in case you know ROMs can be installed simply on the device itself but the fact is, Sideload mode is an excellent option if the device only contains internal memory and no Rom is present to patch a bricked widget.
Thus Sideload is a good option in case of bricked devices and has no option to load a ROM in device’s internal storage. A guide to installing any Flashable Zip through ADB Sideload approach is spotlighted below.
Before following this guide make sure you have all the requirements.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% Battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
Steps to Sideload ROMs and Mods Using ADB Sideload
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the USB Debugging by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging
- After enabling USB Debugging, In your PC Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder, open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to recovery mode.
- In your recovery mode, open the ADB Sideload option,
- In TWRP, Advanced –> ADB Sideload
- CWM, Install –> Install Zip from Sideload
- In your computer, move the zip file that you want sideload to your phone to the ADB Fastboot folder.
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.
- That’s it! Wait patiently until the flashing process completes. If you have any queries related to flashing process. Please leave a comment down below.
Leave a comment below if you have any feedback or queries.