Post last updated on 27th December 2017: Mostly the Android users who frequently loves modding and tweaking their device, and also tries different firmware’s, root their phone, install a custom ROM and kernel’s, at the initial stage they need to unlock the boot loader and then install custom recovery and so they need to install ADB and fastboot drivers. Following steps will help to install ADB and fastboot on Windows and Mac OS.
- 1 How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows
- 2 Downloads
How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows
What is ADB:
ADB or Android Debug Bridge is a small debug tool that you will find in Android Software Development Kit (SDK). It is basically a command line tool that does the communication between your Android device and a computer. With ADB, your device can be controlled from the computer via USB, files can also be transferred and it runs powerful shell commands. ADB can be used to send terminal commands to an Android device for changing the system level.
What is Fastboot:
Like ADB, Fastboot is also a part of SDK. The Fastboot tool could be helpful for reflashing partition and image files on your device. In a fastboot, system the file system images can be modified from a computer over a USB connection. Like recovery, updates and zip files can also be installed from fastboot.
How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows and Mac OS:
Setting up ADB and Fastboot seems quite easy. As ADB and Fastboot both are a part of the Android SDK package, only you to download the kit (which is over 500 MB) and then set up path variables, or the below-written methods can be used to install ADB and fastboot driver on Windows and Mac OS. But firstly you need to remember that you have to put your device into USB debugging mode. If you just ignore this step, the possibility is your PC won’t recognize your device.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows:
The two best methods to install ADB and fastboot on windows 10,8/8.1/7 and XP. The first method is a 15 Sec ADB installer and the second method is Minimal ADB and Fastboot. So starting with method one let’s install ADB and fastboot driver with the 15 sec ADB installer.
Check Popular Post
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices - Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Watch the full video on How to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows/PC : Click Here to Watch.
Install ADB and fastboot driver on Windows with 15 sec ADB installer:
1) Starting with let’s download ADB Installer setup file by XDA member @Snoop05. It not just installs ADB but it also installs fastboot and USB drivers within a short span of 15 seconds.
2) And then run the Exe file adb-setup.exe.
3) Then look at command window, and follow the instruction. Type ‘Y’ if you want to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
4) After giving the command ‘Y’ it will install the ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC and then it will copy the required files to a particular location.
5) Once again type ‘Y’ to install the device driver. This may take few seconds to install the device drivers and after that, the command window will automatically close.
6) Congratulations!!! You have successfully installed ADB and fastboot on your Windows PC.
Install ADB and fastboot on Windows with Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
1) Firstly you need to download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup by XDA member @shimp208.
2) And then run the file minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1_setup.exe.
3) After that you need to Follow the wizard’s instructions and then select where you will install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
4) After all these you need to choose the file location and complete the whole setup by the following instruction.
5) Finally you have successfully installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC.
If you want to check whether ADB and Fastboot is correctly being configured on your PC then go to the installation directory after that press and hold the shift key and press right click and launched the command prompt and type ‘adb devices’. This will show you the list of devices connected to your PC.