Different OEMs have different ways to enter the recovery mode on the Android device. However, finding an official guide on this topic can be sometimes a bit difficult. Hence, if you are looking for ways on how to enter recovery mode on various Android phones then, you are at the right place, as in this post, we will guide you on how you can enter into the recovery mode on any smartphone brand’s Android device.
Once, you enter the recovery mode, you can perform a lot of functions like factory reset, clear data, and cache or even, run system updates. This also comes handy while installing custom apps or mods on your device. Moreover, if you have a custom recovery installed, then you can make use of this mode to flash zip files on your device. So, with that being said, let us take a look at the guide to enter the recovery mode on any smartphone brand’s Android device.
What is Recovery?
We all know that Android is an open-source operating system that allows the users to make modifications, repairs, recovery and a lot more to their phones. Now, with the help of recovery, you can perform all of the before-mentioned functions. It is basically the bootable partition that hosts several powerful functions. You can moreover, perform a factory reset, wipe cache data, or flash any zip file using the recovery mode.
There are basically two types of recovery modes available. First is Stock Recovery which allows the users with limited functionality and it is also known as the normal mode that users use on their phone for repair and installation purposes. The second mode is Custom recovery and, it is customizable and can be used to add and install updates, packages, selection deletion of data, adding or subtracting partition, wiping off cache or factory reset, backup functionalities, firmware updates through ADB or SD Card and more.
You can read our dedicated guide on what is the difference between a Stock and Custom recovery by clicking the button below:Difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM
Why Recovery plays Vital ROM in Android community?
Recovery boasts all the important files and data related to your device. In fact, once you command your phone to factory reset, it is the recovery that erases all the data and brings back the device to the original state. Moreover, when you install the update via OTA and restart your device, it is done in your recovery. Different manufacturers have different methods or button combinations to enter into their devices recovery mode but all the features that the recovery can provide the users remain the same. With the help of custom recovery, you can do all sorts of modifications and is one of the important tools for people who are into hacking and rooting.
Steps to boot into Recovery
- First of all, you need to Power OFF your phone.
- Now, you can take a look below and press the exact button combination or steps to enter into the recovery mode respective your smartphone brand:
- POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME
- POWER + VOLUME DOWN Hold until the LG Logo appears
- Release and immediately press POWER + VOLUME DOWN again until you see the Reset Menu
- Press the POWER button to hard reset, then you will reboot into recovery
- Hold VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + HOME until you are in the bootloader
- Once you are in the bootloader, use the VOLUME buttons to navigate to RECOVERY
- Press POWER to select and enter recovery
- POWER on the phone until you see Sony Logo
- Rapidly tap VOLUME UP or VOLUME DOWN until you are in recovery
There is an alternate way to enter the recovery mode on your phone. You need to follow the guide below:
- Firstly, you need to download ADB and install ADB drivers for your phone.
- Now, extract the files.
- Open a command prompt and enter cd c:\adb then click Enter.
- Then you need to type in:
- Now, in order to reboot into Bootloader, type:
adb reboot bootloader
- And if you want to boot into Recovery then type in:
adb reboot recovery
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to boot into the recovery mode by following the above-mentioned steps and methods. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following the guide above. Until the next post…Cheers!