Do you want to root your phone? if yes, then you are in the right place. Follow our guide below to install SuperSU Zip on your smartphone.
If you are an Android user, then you may be familiar with the word “Rooting”. There was a time when many of the Android phones available didn’t live up to their potential, and root was the answer. At those days the smartphone was bound to be running on a Horrible software update which didn’t stand to the hype of Customization. Android is an open source operating system which allows you to customize your device beyond the manufacturer’s limitations. If you have rooted your device, then you can do a lot of useful things. With root, you can remove bloatware that came on your phone, run a firewall, enable tethering even if your carrier is blocking it, Overclock and underclock, manually back up your system, and other useful tweaks to gain system access.
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
Before we dive into the installation process of SuperSU, let’s understand the term SuperSU.
What is SuperSU? Well, SuperSU is a free utility that allows keeping track of all the root granted apps on your device that needs root. Basically, it gives you total control over your Android device. It’s that simple!
Thanks to Chainfire, the Android superstar behind root utility SuperSU. To manage the rooting, the developer introduced a mainstream app called SuperSU which allows to for advanced management of Superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root. SuperSU requires a rooted device !!! Here we will guide to install SuperSU.
If you are not familiar with rooting, then don’t worry! Here we will guide on how to install SuperSU on your phone. Installing a SuperSU Zip is simple and easy. There are two methods to install SuperSU on any Supported Android Phone.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
Download Flashable Zip File:
|SuperSU v2.82 SR1 (BETA)||Download|
|SuperSU v2.82 SR2||Download|
|SuperSU v2.82 SR3||Download|
|SuperSU v2.82 SR5 Beta (Recommended)||Download|
Updated on October 04, 2018: it’s time to say GoodBye to the legend made SuperSU by Chainfire. Today Google has removed the popular rooting app SuperSU from the Play Store. We are not sure whether the app will come back since it has not been updated quite for so long time. If you want to change from SuperSU to magisk, you can read our guide. Magisk is one of the best rooting app which comes with many modules to customize your phone. Recently magisk rolled Magisk 17.2 beta.
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported Devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of Devices Supported Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Download Link)
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
Steps to Install SuperSU Zip using TWRP Recovery:
To install, you need TWRP Recovery on your phone. We already have many guides on how to install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- First of all, make sure to download the latest SuperSU Zip file from the link given above.
- Now move the SuperSu zip file to the root of your internal memory
- You need to turn off your phone.
- Once you have completely turned off, Now boot into TWRP Recovery mode by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously. (In some phone, you can access the recovery menu by pressing “Volume UP + Power” button)
- Once your phone has booted into TWRP Recovery now take a complete backup of your current ROM. To take a backup, tap on the Backup button –> Select the partitions such as data, system, and boot. Now swipe to take the backup of the selected partitions.
- Once you are done, now you can flash the Super SU zip on your phone. Tap on INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the zip file
- Now Swipe to confirm flash
- That’s it… You have successfully rooted your Android device using SuperSU Zip. Now tap reboot system.
- Yes, Now the root must be working if you properly installed.
- To verify, Go to Google Play Store and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have root on your smartphone.
I hope this guide was helpful to install supersu zip file on your phone.
How to Uninstall SuperSU?
If you want to uninstall SuperSU, then here is a simple method to uninstall.
- Open “SuperSU” app.
- Go to the “Settings” tab.
- Now Scroll down and find the “Cleanup” option.
- Click on “Full Unroot” to uninstall.
- You will see a prompt to confirm
- Tap “Continue”.
- That’s it! Reboot your phone. You have uninstalled SuperSU successfully.
Latest SuperSU APK Download
Time and again we have said that rooting always opens door to the deeper world of Android OS. When you have root access to your device you get the access as superuser. You will get lots of possibilities. This will include the ability to flash custom ROM or custom kernel of your choice. You can even increase the efficiency of your smartphone. The battery that depletes quickly can survive for a long time on a rooted device. Sounds interesting..? Well, read on to find more.
Sometimes people often confuse the term rooting with hacking. This is not true at all. Rooting gives you the control to make your device more efficient secure and faster. Well to grant root access to your Android device you have to make use of certain tools.
This is where SuperSU comes into the scene. It is an Android App that will help you root your device and provide the aforementioned Superuser access. It also brings loads of other features. This includes. It also helps to configure notifications for each App on the device post rooting. Another great feature is the provision for temporarily unrooting the device. A user can permanently unroot the device too using SuperSU.
This App is entirely free to download. However, there is an in-app purchase but it won’t really bring anything special to your device. Also, there is an option for donation to the developers. If you wish and feel like you can contribute to same.
Download APK File:
|SuperSU v2.76 APK||Download|
|SuperSU v2.78 APK||Download|
|SuperSU v2.79 APK||Download|
|SuperSU v2.82 APK||Download|
Here is some more feature that SuperSu app provides to the users.
- Superuser access prompt/access logging/ access notifications
- Per-app notification configuration
- Temporary unroot
- Permanent unroot
- Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
- Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
- Works when Android isn’t properly booted
- Always runs in ghost mode
- Wake on prompt
- Convert to /system app
- Complete unroot
- Backup script to survive CyanogenMod nightlies
- Icon selectable from 5 options + invisible
- Theme selectable from 4 options
You can yourself see what kind of advantages and possibilities SuperSU gives or in general root access would provide to your phone.
SuperSU Pro version
Additionally, there is also a Pro version of SuperSU. The Pro version provides features such as:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- PIN protection
- Grant/deny root to an app for a set amount of time
– Per-app PIN protection
– Adjust auto-deny countdown
Unleash the full strength of your smartphone by using Bluestacks to load/access your essential android apps from anywhere on any device(PC/Mac/android/iOS) with powerful citrix vdi available at a cheap citrix xendesktop pricing. You can also access complete MS Office suite on the same desktop with O365CloudExperts.com.
So, think no more if you want to get deeper into Android and control your device and bring the most and best out of it. Grab the SuperSU App right now and try rooting your device with it.
Switch from SuperSU to Magisk:
Do you want to install Magisk on your phone? then you can do that now! Simply follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will teach you on how to flash Magisk by removing SuperSU script.