In this tutorial, we will show you how to root Bluestacks 4 and install the SuperSU 2.82 and SU Binary files. When it comes to Android emulators for your PC and macOS, Bluestacks would probably occupy the top spot. Right from its feature set to stability and handy user interface, it is among the preferred emulator for many. While most use it to try out their desired games in the full-screen mode and gain an immersive gaming experience, others might also use it for debugging and testing purposes.
Along the same lines, today we will be discussing a pretty handy tip through which you could easily root this emulator as well. After this, you could then also install the SuperSU and its necessary binary files that will help you get the required administrative and system-level privileges. So without further ado, here are the required instructions to root Bluestacks 4 and install the SuperSU 2.82 and SU Binary files. Follow along.
Root BlueStacks 4 and Install SuperSU and Binary Files
Some of you might ask why would one prefer to root the emulator rather than their Android devices. Well, it’s just because of the fact that rooting smartphone comes with quite a few associated risks. From making the warranty null to the chances of device getting bricked, many users prefer to keep a safe distance from the root on their devices. However, when it comes to the emulator, it doesn’t accompany any such risks.
If at any point in time something goes wrong, you could easily close the app and relaunch it without any issue. And if we talk about the positives, well then there are quite a few of them. You will be able to try out various system-level modifications and tweaks, and could even try out some root-exclusive apps- right from the emulator itself. With that said, let’s get on with the tutorial to root Bluestacks 4 and install the SuperSU 2.82 and SU Binary files.
To begin with, there are a few prerequisites that you would need. Please go through the below requirement section and make sure to get hold of the mentioned files.
- Make sure you have the latest build of Bluestacks up and running.
- Next up, download the latest version of BlueStacks Tweaker. We would be using this application to unlock your Bluestack, root it, and then install the necessary SU binaries.
- Also, download the SuperSu 2.82 APK file.
- Likewise, you could also use the Root Checker app to check if the Bluestack has been properly rooted or not. This is optional.
These were the required files. You may now proceed with the steps to root Bluestacks 4 and install the SuperSU 2.82 and SU Binary files.
How to Root Bluestacks 4
- Install or update the Bluestacks on your PC (if needed). Don’t launch it yet. Furthermore, make sure none of its programs or services are running. Head over to the Task Manager (use Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and close all its associated programs.
- Then download and extract the contents of the BlueStacks Tweaker onto a convenient location on your PC.
- Now launch the BlueStacks Tweaker app by executing its EXE file. Then click on the Force Kill BS button situated at the top right. This will close all the processes of Bluestack.
- Head over to the Root section of Bluestacks Tweaker and make sure both the ADB and BlueStacks are shown via the Red color light at the top-right. Then click on the Unlock button.
- The process will take a few minutes and once completed, it will display the Unlock: True message at the bottom bar.
- Now head over to the main section and click on the Start BS button. It will launch the Bluestack application.
- Again head over to the BlueStacks Tweaker and go to the Root section. You should now see both the ADB and BlueStacks in green light.
- Click on the Patch button and after a few seconds, you should see the Root Patch: True status at the bottom bar.
- Next up, click on the Install SuperSu (2.79) button. When it’s done, you should see the SuperSu icon on the Bluestack Player as well.
- Then click on the Update Su Binary (2.79). Once the update is complete, the Bluestack player will be closed. Head over to the Main section of BlueStacks Tweaker and click on Start BS.
- With this, the root of Bluestacks 4 has been successfully done. You have also installed the SuperSU and its binaries. You may launch the Root Checker app on your Bluestack and verify the root as well. Launch the app, hit the Verify button, and grant it the SuperSu request.
- There is just one more thing left to do. You see, we have installed the SuperSu as well as its binary files (v2.79), but they are not the latest builds (v2.82).
- So download the SuperSu 2.82 APK file from the Prerequisites section onto your PC. Then launch the Blueatack player and click on the overflow icon next to the Installed app section.
- From the menu that appears, click on Install APK, browse to the SuperSu 2.82 APK file and select it.
- Launch the SuperSu app on the Bluestack and you will be greeted with the SuperSu Update popup. Click on Continue.
- In the subsequent dialog box that appears, click on Normal. Then the process will begin and after completion, you will get the installation success prompt.
- Finally, close Blusestacks and relaunch it from the BlueStacks Tweaker > Main > Start BS. When the emulator launches, open the SuperSu application and head over to the Settings section. There you should see the SuperSu v2.82 installed.
So this was all from this guide on how to root Bluestacks 4 and install the SuperSU 2.82 and SU Binary files. If you have any doubts relating the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.