On this page, you’ll learn how to download the SP Flash Tool, a smartphone flash tool specially made for MediaTek devices. However, we all know that the brand that gives Qualcomm tough competition is MediaTek. Also, we know that Android is an open-source operating system that anyone can use. In addition, there are numerous custom ROM available in the market that you can flash on your smartphones. However, you need a tool to easily flash the custom ROM on your Mediatek device for this. But, how? Let’s find it out.
They include flashing custom boot images such as recovery images, ROMs, or fastboot commands. Along the same lines, you could boot your device to Fastboot or Recovery/Bootloader Mode and carry out some other tweaks as well. However, all this might prove to be quite a challenging task for some. Here’s where the SP Flash tool comes in handy. It helps you perform all the aforementioned actions without having to go through any complicated steps. From this guide, you’ll be able to get its latest version for free. Follow along.
What is the SP Flash Tool
The SP Flash Tool, also known as Smartphone Flash Tool, is designed for MediaTek devices that are one-stop for all device modifications. To begin with, you could easily update your firmware via this tool. Along the same lines, it also supports booting the device to Recovery or Fastboot Mode. Likewise, you could also flash a custom ROM or a custom recovery using it. Furthermore, it also supports Advanced Memory testing and verifying and Reading / Writing Parameters.
Then if you wish to factory reset your device, erase data from it, or format it, all of this is just a click away. And as you might be aware, these modifications might bring in a few risks as well. If this ever happens, then the SP Flash Tool is there to help you as well. If your device gets into the boot loop, then you could easily install a stock ROM and bring your device back to life. Likewise, it also has the ability to unbrick your MediaTek devices. So if you are looking to make full use of this tool, get hold of its latest version from the below link and get going.
Features of SP Flash Tool
1. Flash Stock ROM:
The tool allows you to flash Scatter-based Stock Firmware on your MediaTek devices very quickly. You will require an actual Scatter based Stock Firmware file of your specific MediaTek device model. Just load the Scatter File from the firmware folder on your tool and click on download to start flashing the stock firmware.
2. Flash Recovery:
It lets you flash Stock Recovery or Custom Recovery (TWRP) on your Mediatek chipset-powered device. Just load the Scatter File in the tool, locate the recovery.img file, and click on download to start the recovery flashing process.
3. Memory Test:
The tool allows you to test and verify the external memory devices like microSD cards and the device RAM, eMMC storage, NAND Flash Storage, etc. You will need to load the Scatter File of your device firmware in the tool, attach your Mediatek handset to the PC, start testing memory.
4. Parameter Setting:
This tool’s inbuilt parameter settings allow MediaTek device users to Read or Write the OTP parameter. You need to connect the Mediatek handset to the PC, head over to the parameter menu, select the Read or Write option, and update the parameters.
5. Format Device (Hard Reset):
Formatting your device is sometimes necessary to fix common issues like app crashes, performance issues, software glitches, network-related issues, etc. It basically allows you to format your MediaTek phone that’s also called Hard Reset. You will need to load the Scatter File of your device in the tool, head over to the Format menu, select Auto Format Flash or Manual Format Flash. Finally, start formatting the device.
6. Bypass FRP Lock:
By using the SP Flash Tool, you can bypass the FRP lock on any Mediatek device.
Download For Windows Users:
Download For Linux Users:
- Make sure that you have a complete backup before using this tool.
- Flashing any custom ROM on your Android Smartphone device may void your phone warranty.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing or flashing through SP Flash Tool.
- You must download and install MediaTek MT65xx MT67xx MT68xx USB VCOM Drivers
How to Install SP Flash Tool on Windows:
- Firstly, open the flash_tool.exe file.
- After that, Scatter-loading File and select the Android_scatter.txt.
- Then, hit the Download button only, and now the Download begins.
- Once it gets downloaded, connect your Mediatek smartphone using an original cable to your Windows PC.
- Now, whenever you connect your MediaTek phone to your PC. The phone starts flashing. So, don’t get panic.
- After that, the downloading begins automatically, and a green tick will appear when it gets completed, as shown in the picture.
- That’s it. Now, disconnect your MediaTek phone from the PC, and you’ll be noticed that it would start working fine.
I hope this guide was helpful to download the SP Flash Tool on your Windows or Linux PC.