Oppo added one more smartphone to its mid-range segment in India. Oppo A52 may be a direct competitor to smartphones like the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and the Realme 6 Pro. It although features some good features like quad-camera setup, 5000 mAh of battery with 18-watt fast charging, and much more. The device came out of the box with Android 10 (ColorOS 7.1) update.
If you are here, then you may be looking for a stock firmware file for your Oppo A52 (Model: CPH2061). If yes, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to flash the stock ROM file on Oppo A52 by using the QFil Flash tool, QPST Flash Tool or MSM download tool.
We have shared all the pre-requisites files to download and install the stock ROM flash file on your device.
Table of Contents
- 1 Oppo A52 Device Overview
- 2 Why We Need Stock Firmware?
- 3 How to Install Oppo A52 Stock ROM Flash File
Oppo A52 Device Overview
Oppo A52 features a 6.5-inch Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) resolution display with a punch-hole cutout within the top corner, which provides the screen a 20:9 aspect ratio, with minimal bezels on three sides. The phone measures 8.9mm at its thickest point and weigh around 192 grams.
In terms of camera, it includes a quad-camera layout at the rear comprising of a 12-Megapixel primary camera with an f/1.7 aperture, an 8-Megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens with 119-degree field-of-view alongside twin 2-Megapixel sensors for depth mapping and macro shooting respectively. The rear cameras can record in 4K at up to 30FPS with support for electronic image stabilization (EIS). The front gets an 8-Megapixel camera for selfie shots or video chatting.
Under the hood, it is equipped with an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC paired with a 6 GB RAM and 128 GB of onboard storage. Two other variants will have 4 GB and eight GB of RAM alongside an equivalent 128 GB of storage, which is impressive considering that the majority manufacturers usually start with a 64 GB storage option with the entry-level model.
Oppo A52 has fueled with a 5000 mAh battery, which again is backed by an 18 W fast charger. The phone runs the newest ColorOS 7.1 supported Android 10. There are stereo speakers also backed by Dirac 2.0 tech while the fingerprint sensor is embedded within the side-mounted power button. Connectivity options include the standard set of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth. 4G VoLTE and GPS. A USB-C port performs charging and data transfer roles. Color options include Twilight Black and Stream White.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Oppo A52. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Oppo A52 Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Oppo A52
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Oppo A52
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Oppo A52
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Oppo A52
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore Oppo A52 back to Factory State
- Device Name: Oppo A52
- Model: CPH2061
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: MSM download tool | QFil or Qualcomm Flash Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- Android Version: Android 10
How to Install Oppo A52 Stock ROM Flash File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Oppo A52, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: Oppo A52
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers and Tools: Qualcomm USB drivers, QFil Flash Tool or QPST and Oppo USB Drivers
- Firmware Flash File File:
Instructions to install:
After downloading the firmware file for Oppo A52 from the link above, you will need to use the Qualcomm Flash image loader Tool to flash the Stock firmware. Here is a detailed guide mentioned below which you can follow completely.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Oppo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via MSM Download Tool
Download MSM Download Tool and Qualcomm USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using MSM Download toolFlash Oppo Firmware via MSM download tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:Steps to Flash Stock Firmware Using QFil Flash Tool
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Oppo A52 :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Oppo A52.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Oppo A52 device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.