The Oppo A8 smartphone was launched in December 2019 that has a 4230 battery, powerful budget mid-range processor, triple rear cameras, etc. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box. Now, if you’re an Oppo A8 user and want to flash the stock firmware on your device, then this article is for you. Here you can find How to Install Stock ROM on Oppo A8. Additionally, we’ve provided the stock firmware advantages, requirements, download links, etc.
Due to the open-source nature, Android OS is really customizable and users can tweak plenty of things by installing custom firmware or mod files or even installing root access on their devices. However, each and every device models have their own exclusive files and processes to play with it. Now, if in case, you’re new to the Android customization or don’t follow the steps properly, you may end up bricking or stuck in the bootloop issue quite easily.
So, in order to go back to the stock firmware again or unbrick your device or fix the bootloop issue, you will need to flash the stock ROM on your handset by following the steps below with proper requirements, firmware file, tools, drivers, etc. By going to the Stock ROM, first, you will notice an improved device performance with better battery life and official software update support, of course. As the handset comes with a Mediatek processor, we will use the MSM Download Tool to install the stock firmware on it.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oppo A8
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Oppo A8, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
Stock ROM Advantages
Stock ROM comes by default on a smartphone or tablet device that usually runs on an operating system like Android OS. All the device OEMs provide the specially crafted and compatible firmware version for each and every model. It also offers a more stable and smoother user experience which you may not find on Custom Firmware.
- Fix Bootloop issue on Oppo A8
- Bricked your Oppo A8? Unbrick by following this tutorial
- Upgrade or Downgrade the software version on Oppo A8
- Can unroot the device
- Fix software related issues or bugs
- Get back the device warranty again, if under warranty period
- Device Name: Oppo A8
- Model No: CPH2009, PCRM00, PCRT00
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: MSM Download Tool
- Processor: Mediatek MT6765V
- Android Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- We assume that you’ve downloaded the firmware file and installed the other drivers & tools on your PC.
- This Stock ROM file is exclusive for the Oppo A8 model only.
- Try to charge your device more than 60% at least.
- Take a Full Data Backup without Root before doing anything.
- If TWRP Recovery already installed, keep a Nandroid Backup via TWRP.
- You will require a computer and a USB data cable.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Oppo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via MSM Download Tool
Download MSM Download Tool and Mediatek USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using MSM Download tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Oppo A8:
We hope you installed the Stock ROM on Oppo A8 successfully. If you’re facing any kind of issue during the flashing process, then let us know via the comment section. We will be happy to assist you. Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!