The Oppo Reno 2F (CPH1989) was launched in October 2019 with mid-range budget specifications. Now, if you’re one of the Oppo Reno 2F users and looking for the Stock ROM to install on your device, you’ve come to the right place. Here we’ve shared the guide on how to flash the firmware file on Oppo Reno 2F CPH1989 along with download links and requirements as well. Sometimes, users may face issues like bricking or boot loop on their device due to software-related issues.
Due to Android’s open-source nature, it’s quite easy to customize your device. But users can get errors if they don’t follow guides properly. Therefore, during the flashing Custom ROM or installing mod files, or rooting their devices, users mostly face issues. It may be like a software performance issue, charging issue, battery draining, camera app error, and more. So, it’s better to install the Stock ROM again.
Table of Contents
Oppo Reno 2F: Overview
The device has a 6.5-inches AMOLED display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution that has a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie on top of ColorOS 6.1 UI. It’s powered by the Helio P70 SoC, paired with 8GB RAM, 128GB onboard storage. While the handset supports up to 256GB of MicroSD card. It has a 4,000mAh battery with 20W fast charging support.
The device sports a quad rear camera setup of 48MP (wide) + an 8MP (ultrawide) + a 2MP (B/W) + a 2MP (depth sensor). While the front packs a 16MP motorized pop-up selfie camera. It has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, a 3.5mm audio jack, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Type-C port, FM Radio, etc. The handset also has an in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, an ambient light, compass sensor.
Why We Need Flash File?
A Stock ROM or Stock Firmware comes preloaded on a smartphone or tablet device from the manufacturer. It’s specially developed and designed to run on each and every particular device model. Therefore, only the Stock ROM can deliver a smoother and stable performance for a long time. Though the Stock Firmware can be boring for some of people as the customization options are quite limited.
In that case, the interested users try to flash third-party firmware or modules to customize their devices and stuck into the issues. So, installing a Stock ROM will solve most of the issues. Check out some of the useful advantages of the stock firmware below:
- You can unbrick your bricked Oppo Reno 2F.
- Fixes the boot loop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Oppo Reno 2F.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Oppo Reno 2F.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
Steps to Flash Firmware File on Oppo Reno 2F (CPH1989)
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Oppo Reno 2F. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download Drivers and Flash Tool: MTK VCOM Driver | SP Flash Tool | Oppo USB Drivers
- Device Name: Oppo Reno 2F (CPH1989)
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P70
- Android Version: Android 9.0 Pie
Download Flash Files:
|Flash File Name: CPH1989EX_11_C.15
Size: 2.8 GB
|Flash File Name: CPH1989_11_C.12
Size: 2.7 GB
|Flash File Name: CPH1989_11_C.11
Size: 2.7 GB
|Flash File Name: CPH1989_11_A.18
Size: 2.6 GB
|Flash File Name: CPH1989EX_11_A.11
Size: 2.5 GB
|Flash File Name: CPH1989EX_11_A.10
Size: 2.7 GB
|Flash File Name: CPH1989EX_11_A.08
Size: 2.7 GB
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Oppo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via SP Flash ToolFlash Stock ROM using the SP Flash Tool
Follow our full-depth video guide below:
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Oppo Reno 2F. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.