Did you brick your device or Want to fresh install the firmware file on Oppo R17 CPH1879? then you are in the right place. Here we will guide you on how to download and install the Stock firmware on Oppo R17. A Qualcomm processor powers the device. To install Stock ROM on Qualcomm powered device, you need software known as QFIL Tool, Formally also called Qualcomm Flash Image Loader. Download the Oppo R17 Stock Firmware, drivers, and QFIL tool; then, you can follow our guide to install the firmware on Oppo R17.
Talking about the specifications, Oppo R17 features a 6.4-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 2280 x 1080 Pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 670, a 64-bit Processor coupled with 6/8GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The Oppo R17 comes with a dual 16MP + 2MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and a 25MP front camera for selfies. A Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery backs it. Oppo R17 also has a fingerprint sensor.
Android always opens the door to various possibilities such as flashing custom ROM or kernel or APK modding. These feats can be achieved by providing root access to your device or simply rooting your phone. In today’s date, rooting or customizing is no rocket science, but people perform these processes carelessly. Certain users hastily carry out the modding/rooting process without properly following instructions. It leads to the bricking of the device. It can happen with any device. This post will tell you how you can restore or unbrick Oppo R17 back to the previous working condition.
Oppo R17 CPH1879 Firmware Flashing Guide
The guide is simple and easy! All you have to do is simply download the below-given firmware files and tools on your PC and then follow the given instruction to install the Stock ROM on Oppo R17 using QFIL Tool. Yes, this guide is also helpful to recover, unroot, or fix any software malfunctioning problem. Remember this guide is also very much needed to upgrade or downgrade the firmware on Oppo R17. First of all, download the software, Qualcomm Flash Image Loader, on your PC and then flash your phone back to Stock ROM. We request you to read the steps carefully before upgrading Oppo R17 using this guide.
The Advantage Of Stock ROM:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Oppo R17
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Oppo R17
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Oppo R17.
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Gapps File: Included
- Device Supported: Oppo R17 – CPH1879
- Tool Supported: QFIL
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 670
- Language Supported: Multi-Language
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo / 10
Steps to Install Stock firmware on Oppo R17 :
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- Supported device: Oppo R17 – CPH1879
- Charge your phone: You need at least a 50% charge on Oppo R17
- Laptop or PC: To carry out this installation, you need a PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup: The very first thing to pay attention to is taking the device backup. You might not be able to take the backup of phone data; however, if you have inserted a memory card in your device, remove it at least to save it.
- Qualcomm Flash image loader: Download QFIL Tool
- MSM Download Tool: Download MsmDownload Tool and extract it (2nd method)
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Oppo USB Drivers. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download: Download the above-required files on your PC.
Method 1: Install via QFIL Tool:
Method 2: Install via MSMDownload Tool
- First of all, Download the file required above and extract it on your computer.
- Now in the extracted folder, run the file named MsmDownloadTool.exe as an administrator.
- When you see the screen, now turn off your phone.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable while pressing the VOLUME UP button.
- Now on the MSMDownload Tool screen, load the firmware.
- You can now click the “START ALL” button to start upgrading your phone.
- Once the complete installation process is done, you can unplug your phone from the PC.
- That’s it! Now turn on your phone and enjoy new Stock firmware on Oppo R17.
I hope you installed the Stock ROM on Oppo R17 successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.