Updated on October 15, 2020: Today we have added the latest flash file for the Oppo F3 CPH1609 which improves the system stability and performance.
Oppo F3 was launched in May 2017. The device came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow under the hood Oppo’s own ColorOS 3.0 UI. On this page, we have shared all the latest official stock ROM flash files for Oppo F3 CPH1609. The Stock ROM aka firmware is a 100% original OEM firmware that is built with all the Oppo ColorOS features.
To flash the stock firmware file, we are using the SP Flash Tool software. This software only supports Windows PC or Laptop. Without further, let’s install the stock firmware file on your Oppo F3 CPH1609 device.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM flash file is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Oppo F3 CPH1609. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Oppo F3 CPH1609 flash file on your computer.
If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM flash file
You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
Remove any malware or Adwares from Oppo F3
You can fix the boot loop issue on Oppo F3
Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Oppo F3
Fix Network related issue
Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk: Mediatek Guide or Spreadtrum Guide
You can unroot Oppo F3
To Reset or Remove FRP on your device: Mediatek FRP Guide or Spreadtrum FRP Guide
Restore Oppo F3 back to Factory State
- Device Name: Oppo F3 (CPH1609)
- ROM Type: Stock ROM Flash File
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek
- Android Version: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
How to Install Oppo F3 Firmware Flash File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Oppo F3, you should download the firmware flash file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: Oppo F3 CPH1609
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers and Tools: VCOM drivers, SP Flash Tool, and Micromax USB Drivers
Download Firmware Flash Files
Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Once your load the SP Flash tool UI, Tap on the Download option
- In the download tab, you have to load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- You will find the scatter text file inside the ROM package for most cases, if not, you can create a scatter text file on your own.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Oppo F3, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- You need to wait for a few minutes to complete the upgrade process.
- Once the flashing process completes, you will find a green button which means a successful upgrade.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Oppo F3
Follow our full-depth video guide below:
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the firmware flash file on your Oppo F3 CPH1609 device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.