OPPO has unveiled the Reno 3 series, and the Reno 3 Pro is the mid-range smartphone from the brand. It sports a 6.5 inches AMOLED display, Snapdragon 765G SoC, quad rear camera setup, 8/12GB of RAM, 128/256GB storage, 4025mAh battery, and runs on Android 10. Now, if you’re an Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G user and want to flash the stock firmware on your device, then this article is for you. Here you can find How to Install Stock ROM on Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G. Additionally, we’ve provided the stock firmware advantages, requirements, download links, etc.
Due to the open-source nature, Android OS is really customizable and users can tweak plenty of things by installing custom firmware or mod files or even installing root access on their devices. However, each and every device models have their own exclusive files and processes to play with it. Now, if in case, you’re new to the Android customization or don’t follow the steps properly, you may end up bricking or stuck in the bootloop issue quite easily.
So, in order to go back to the stock firmware again or unbrick your device or fix the bootloop issue, you will need to flash the stock ROM on your handset by following the steps below with proper requirements, firmware file, tools, drivers, etc. By going to the Stock ROM, first, you will notice an improved device performance with better battery life and official software update support, of course. As the handset comes with a Qualcomm processor, we will use MSM Download Tool to install the stock firmware on it.
- Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G Specifications
- Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G
- Firmware Details:
Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G Specifications
The Oppo Reno 3 Pro 5G sports a 6.5 inches AMOLED display with a punch hole to the left, and a Full HD+ resolution. It has a screen to body ratio of 89.7 percent, a pixel density of 402 Pixel Per Inch (PPI), an aspect ratio of 20:9, a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, it can blow up to 800 nits, a screen refresh rate of 90Hz, and it gets protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
As you know, this is a 5G smartphone, and it sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor. This chipset integrates the X52 5G modem. It is built on the 7nm process, and the octa-core setup includes one Kryo 475 Prime core clocked at 2.4GHz, one Kryo 475 Gold core clocked at 2.2GHz, and six Kryo 475 silver cores clocked at 1.8GHz. To the GPU side, it sports the Adreno 620 GPU. This chipset is paired with 8, and 12GB of RAM. Further, it comes with 128 and 256GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage, respectively. The smartphone runs on the latest Color OS 7 that is based on Android 10.
Coming to the camera side, the Oppo Reno 3 Pro 5G sports a quad rear camera setup. This includes a primary 48MP sensor with an f/1.7 aperture value, OIS, and PDAF. It pairs with a secondary 13MP telephoto sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4, PDAF, and gets 2x optical zoom support. Further, it gets a tertiary 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an f/2.2 aperture value. Finally, it gets a 2MP B/W sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. It also gets Dual LED flash, and support for panorama, and HDR photos. To the front, the smartphone comes with a 32MP sensor, with an aperture value of f/2.4. The rear camera can shoot videos in 4K, and the front can shoot videos in 1080p.
The Oppo Reno 3 Pro 5G packs a 4,025 mAh battery, and it supports for 30W VOOc 4.0 Fast Charging tech, and it charges over the USB type C port. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, NFC, and USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go. It is available in five colors, which are in Black, White, Starry Night, Sunrise, and Classic Blue.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
Stock ROM Advantages
Stock ROM comes by default on a smartphone or tablet device that usually runs on an operating system like Android OS. All the device OEMs provide the specially crafted and compatible firmware version for each and every model. It also offers a more stable and smoother user experience which you may not find on Custom Firmware.
- Fix Bootloop issue on Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G
- Bricked your Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G? Unbrick by following this tutorial
- Upgrade or Downgrade the software version on Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G
- Can unroot the device
- Fix software related issues or bugs
- Get back the device warranty again, if under warranty period
- Device Name: Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G
- Model No: CPH2009, PCRM00, PCRT00
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: MSM Download Tool
- Processor: Snapdragon 765G
- Android Version: Android 10
- Firmware Version: CPH2009_11_A.07
- Firmware File:
- PCRM00_11_A.02_191215_a748a945: Download | Mirror
- Flash Tool – MSM Download Tool
- Oppo USB Drivers
- We assume that you’ve downloaded the firmware file and installed the other drivers & tools on your PC.
- This Stock ROM file is exclusive for the Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G model only.
- Try to charge your device more than 60% at least.
- Take a Full Data Backup without Root before doing anything.
- If TWRP Recovery already installed, keep a Nandroid Backup via TWRP.
- You will require a computer and a USB data cable.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Oppo device.Guide to Install Oppo Firmware on any Oppo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via MSM Download Tool
Download MSM Download Tool and Qualcomm USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using MSM Download toolFlash Oppo Firmware via MSM download tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Download Qualcomm Flash image loader tool and USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using QFIL toolSteps to Flash Stock Firmware Using QFil Flash Tool
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G.
We hope you installed the Stock ROM on Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G successfully. If you’re facing any kind of issue during the flashing process, then let us know via the comment section. We will be happy to assist you. Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!