Oppo has unveiled its new smartphone, the OPPO Ace 2 on 13th April 2020. This comes with a 6.5-inch display, Snapdragon 865, quad rear cameras, 8/12GB RAM, 128/256GB storage, 4000mAh battery, and runs on Android 10.
If you are here, then you may be looking for a stock firmware file for your Oppo Ace 2 (Model: PDHM00). If yes, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to flash the stock ROM on Oppo Ace 2 by using the QFil Flash tool, QPST Flash Tool or MSM download tool.
We have shared all the pre-requisites files to download and install the stock ROM on your device.
Table of Contents
- 1 Oppo Ace 2 Device Overview
- 2 Why We Need Stock Firmware?
- 3 How to Install Stock ROM on Oppo Ace 2
Oppo Ace 2 Device Overview
The OPPO Ace 2 comes with a 6.50 inches touchscreen AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution, and a single punch hole. The display is also an HDR10+ compatible one. This FHD+ is paired with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels at a pixel density of 401 pixels per inch (PPI), a screen to body ratio of 85.9 percent, an aspect ratio of 20:9. Further, this display gets protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and has a screen refresh rate of 90Hz, and it can blow up to 500 nits.
Coming to the internals of the Oppo Ace 2, it comes with the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, which is built on the 7nm process. It includes a single Kryo 585 core, which clocks at a higher speed i.e., at 2.84 GHz, other three Kryo 585 cores which clock at 2.42 GHz. And finally, four Kryo 585 core, which clocks at 1.80 GHz. To the GPU side, it has the Adreno 650 GPU. This chipset pairs with 8, and 12GB of RAM. And it also comes with 128, and 256GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage. The device runs on the ColorOS 7.1which is based on Android 10.
When it comes to the cameras, the Oppo Ace 2 sports a quad rear camera setup, this setup includes a primary 48MP sensor with an f/1.7 aperture and PDAF. This sensor pairs with a second 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an f/2.2 aperture, and autofocus. Further, it comes with a tertiary 2MP B/W sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, and finally, it has another 2MP macro sensor with an f/2.4 aperture. The rear camera comes with LED flash and support for HDR photos. To the front, it sports a 16MP sensor with an f/2.4 aperture. However, the front camera can only shoot in 1080p @ 30fps.
The OPPO Ace 2 packs a 4000 mAh battery that supports 65W SuperVOOC fast charging tech. The brand claims that it can charge up to 100 percent in just 30 minutes. Connectivity options on the Oppo Ace 2 include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/Yes, GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS Bluetooth 5.10, A2DP, LE, aptX HD USB Type-C, and FM radio. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, and proximity sensor. It comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor, and also supports face unlock. It was launched in Aurora Silver, Moon Rock Grey, and Fantasy Purple colors.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Oppo Ace 2. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Oppo Ace 2 Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Oppo Ace 2
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Oppo Ace 2
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Oppo Ace 2
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Oppo Ace 2
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore Oppo Ace 2 back to Factory State
- Device Name: Oppo Ace 2
- Model: PDHM00
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: MSM download tool | QFil or Qualcomm Flash Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- Android Version: Android 10
How to Install Stock ROM on Oppo Ace 2
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Oppo Ace 2, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: Oppo Ace 2
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers and Tools: Qualcomm USB drivers, QFil Flash Tool or QPST and Oppo USB Drivers
- Firmware Flash File File:
- PDHM00_11_OTA_0190: Download
Instructions to install:
After downloading the firmware file for Oppo Ace 2 from the link above, you will need to use the Qualcomm Flash image loader Tool to flash the Stock firmware. Here is a detailed guide mentioned below which you can follow completely.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Oppo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via MSM Download Tool
Download MSM Download Tool and Qualcomm USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using MSM Download toolFlash Oppo Firmware via MSM download tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:Steps to Flash Stock Firmware Using QFil Flash Tool
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Oppo Ace 2 :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Oppo Ace 2.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Oppo Ace 2 device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.