Oppo launched Oppo A92 on May 3, 2020. It packs a good number of features that are rare to see in this price range. It comes with 8 GB and 128 GB of onboard storage, Android 10, an octa-core Snapdragon 665 Soc (2 GHz, Quad-core, Kryo 260 + 1.8 GHz, Quad-core, Kryo 260).
If you are here, then you may be looking for a stock firmware file for your Oppo A92 (Model: CPH2059). If yes, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to flash the stock ROM on Oppo A92 by using the QFil Flash tool, QPST Flash Tool or MSM download tool.
We have shared all the pre-requisites files to download and install the stock ROM on your device.
- Oppo A92 Device Overview
- Why We Need Stock Firmware?
- How to Install Stock ROM on Oppo A92
Oppo A92 Device Overview
Oppo A92 features a 6.5-inch AMOLED display with multitouch panel, that has FHD+ resolution(1080×2400) with 405ppi. The display is probably going to show sharp and clear content for better viewing. The fingerprint sensor is side-mounted instead of the fancy in-display or traditional rear-mounted.
Oppo A92 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset with 8 performance cores and runs on Android 10. To enhance the multitasking performance the phone is assisted by 8GB RAM and for graphic management, it operates on Adreno 610 GPU. It has ample 128GB of internal storage capacity. You’ll enjoy the storage to fill it with apps, games, videos, photos, music, etc. You also can extend the storage up to 256 GB by using a microSD card.
Oppo A92 is equipped with a 48MP quad-rear camera that flaunts the standard set of lenses. The first 48MP sensor features a fisheye lens. For ultra-wide shots, an 8MP camera is there, and for portraits and macro images, you get two 2MP cameras out of which the macro lens supports AutoFocus. These lenses also features HDR mode for more beautiful and detailed photography. For videography, it can shoot UHD 2160p videos @30fps, which can end in fine recordings. The water-drop notch houses a 16MP fisheye lens which may be a plus for group selfies.
Oppo A92 features a 5000mAh battery underneath to drive it and supports 18W fast charger. The connectivity option includes 3G, 4G, VoLTE support which offers clear voice and video calls with none help of additional apps. Also, it’s the newest Bluetooth v5 and supports USB Type C v2.0. A-GPS will help the smartphone for better navigation. It includes useful sensors like accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, and compass to map out basic activities.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Oppo A92. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Oppo A92 Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Oppo A92
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Oppo A92
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Oppo A92
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Oppo A92
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore Oppo A92 back to Factory State
- Device Name: Oppo A92
- Model: CPH2059
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: MSM download tool | QFil or Qualcomm Flash Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- Android Version: Android 10
How to Install Stock ROM on Oppo A92
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Oppo A92, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: Oppo A92
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers and Tools: Qualcomm USB drivers, QFil Flash Tool or QPST and Oppo USB Drivers
- Firmware Flash File File:
Instructions to install:
After downloading the firmware file for Oppo A92 from the link above, you will need to use the Qualcomm Flash image loader Tool to flash the Stock firmware. Here is a detailed guide mentioned below which you can follow completely.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Oppo device.Guide to Install Oppo Firmware on any Oppo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via MSM Download Tool
Download MSM Download Tool and Qualcomm USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using MSM Download toolFlash Oppo Firmware via MSM download tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Download the Qualcomm Flash image loader tool and USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using QFIL toolSteps to Flash Stock Firmware Using QFil Flash Tool
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Oppo A92 :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Oppo A92.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Oppo A92 device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.