OPPO has unveiled its new smartphone Oppo A72 back on April 21. It comes with a 6.53 inch IPS display, Snapdragon 665, 4/8GB RAM, 128GB ROM, quad rear cameras, and runs on Android 10. If you’re the Oppo A72 user and looking for the official Stock Firmware to download, you can follow this full guide below. Here you can check how to install the stock firmware on Oppo A72 CPH2067. We have also put up the stock firmware advantages, firmware info, and requirements for your ease.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to done customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the bootloop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the bootloop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the Oppo A72 device runs on Qualcomm chipset, we will provide you the firmware installation method using the MSM Download Tool.
- Oppo A72 Specifications: Overview
- Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oppo A72
Oppo A72 Specifications: Overview
The Oppo A72 sports 6.53 inches IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution, and a punch hole to the left. That said, it has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. It has an aspect ratio of 20:9, and a pixel density of 405 Pixel Per Inches (PPI).
Underneath the Oppo A72, it sports the tried and tested Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, which we have seen on a dozen of phones. This SoC is built on the 11mm process, and the octa-core setup includes four Kryo 260 Gold cores clocked at 2.0GHz, and the other four Kyro 260 Silver cores clocked at 1.8GHz. To the GPU side, this SoC pairs with the Adreno 610 GPU. Coming to the memory options available in this device, it is available with four and 8GB of RAM. And, both these variants come with 128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. Further, this onboard storage is also expandable via a micro SD card up to 256GB. The smartphone runs on the latest Color OS 7.1 that is based on Android 10.
Talking about optics, the Oppo A72 comes with a quad rear camera setup that is arranged vertically in a rectangle. This quad rear camera setup includes a 48MP primary sensor with an aperture value of f/1.8 and with PDAF. This primary sensor gets assisted by a secondary 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an aperture value of f/2.2 and a tertiary 2MP macro sensor with an f/2.4 aperture value. Finally, it also gets a 2MP depth sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. The device also gets support for the LED flash, HDR photos, and can shoot videos even in 4K resolution. To the front, the device gets a 16MP sensor with an aperture value of f/2.0.
The Oppo A72 comes with a 5,000 mAh battery, which charges over a USB type C port. The device also comes with support for 18W Qualcomm Quick Charge tech. Talking about the biometric options available in this device, it has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and as well as support for face unlock. The device is available in two color options, namely Green and Blue. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE. GPS with A-GPS, BDS. And USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Sensors other than the fingerprint scanner include an accelerometer, proximity, and compass.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oppo A72
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Oppo A72, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
Stock ROM Advantages
Stock ROM comes by default on a smartphone or tablet device that usually runs on an operating system like Android OS. All the device OEMs provide the specially crafted and compatible firmware version for each and every model. It also offers a more stable and smoother user experience which you may not find on Custom Firmware.
- Fix Bootloop issue on Oppo A72
- Bricked your Oppo A72? Unbrick by following this tutorial
- Upgrade or Downgrade the software version on Oppo A72
- Can unroot the device
- Fix software related issues or bugs
- Get back the device warranty again, if under warranty period
- Device Name: Oppo A72
- Model No: CPH2067
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: MSM Download Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- Android Version: Android 10
- Firmware version:
- Firmware File:
- CPH2067PU_11_A.53: Download
- Qualcomm USB Driver
- Flash Tool – QFil Tool | MSM download tool
- Oppo USB Drivers
- We assume that you’ve downloaded the firmware file and installed the other drivers & tools on your PC.
- This Stock ROM file is exclusive for the Oppo A72 model only.
- Try to charge your device more than 60% at least.
- Take a Full Data Backup without Root before doing anything.
- If TWRP Recovery already installed, keep a Nandroid Backup via TWRP.
- You will require a computer and a USB data cable.
Instructions to install:
After downloading the firmware file for Oppo A72 from the link above, you will need to use the Qualcomm Flash image loader Tool to flash the Stock firmware. Here is a detailed guide mentioned below which you can follow completely.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Oppo device.Guide to Install Oppo Firmware on any Oppo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via MSM Download Tool
Download MSM Download Tool and Qualcomm USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using MSM Download tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Oppo A72 :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Oppo A72.
We hope that you’ve successfully installed the Stock Firmware on Oppo A72 (CPH1903) Android device easily. If you have any issues or queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.