Updated on May 4, 2020: Today Oppo released a new update for Oppo Reno2 Z with version CPH1945_11_A.21. The update is still based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Oppo launched the successor of Reno line up with Oppo Reno2 Z CPH1945 in India. The device is exceptionally good at video recording, battery backup, charging speed, and sound quality. Oppo Reno2 Z competes with the likes of OnePlus 7, Asus 6Z, and Vivo V17 Pro in the under Rs 30,000 price segment. Here in this guide, we will share How to install Stock ROM on Oppo Reno2 Z CPH1945 [Firmware Flash file]. We have also mentioned all the download links, pre-requirements, and installation guide as well. Philips provides smartphones with an affordable price tag, maximum performance, with the current design.
By flashing the Stock ROM again on your Android smartphone, you will be able to use your device easily again. Additionally, most of the advanced users always perform flashing, backups, restores, customizations, Custom ROM flashing, installing Root, etc. If in case, you may experience software issues or device performance issues, follow the full guide here.
Table of Contents
Stock Firmware and its Advantages
The phone OEMs doesn’t provide that much of customizations or functionalities to the device by default. But it’s the most stable ROM according to the device model and Android version. While most of the third-party firmware comes with system bugs and stability issues. In this case, you may find battery issues, camera issues, network issues, basic features missing, lags, heating, low performance, etc. But you can fix these issues easily by installing the Stock ROM.
Check out the Stock ROM advantages below:
- Flash Stock to unbrick your Oppo Reno2 Z device
- Fix the device bootloop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix bugs or lag or stutter on Oppo Reno2 Z device
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Gain phone warranty again (if applicable)
- Device Supported: Oppo Reno2 Z CPH1945
- Tool Supported: SP Flash tool
- Processor: Mediatek MT6779 SoC
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- File: Software Update
- Gapps: Included
- Added the May 2020 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Fixed camera function glitches and optimised the quality of photos.
- Improved system stability.
- Improved Dark mode compatibility for third-party apps.
- Optimised Do Not Disturb to reduce interruptions caused by incoming calls from disallowed numbers. If the screen is locked, the screen will not wake for such calls. If the screen is on, only a banner notification will be displayed.
- Fixed Bluetooth car kit compatibility issues.
Manually Check for OTA Updates
If you’re using the Oppo Reno2 Z device then the update will come soon via OTA. You will get the notification to install it. If you don’t get the OTA automatically, then manually check for the update. Follow these simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to the device Settings > System menu > System Update > Tap on Check for Update option.
- If the OTA update appears then tap on Download and install to begin the installation process.
- It may take a few minutes and then reboot your device.
- Now, your handset will boot into a new system.
Now, you have to download the Stock Firmware file for Oppo Reno2 Z from below.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oppo Reno2 Z CPH1945
Before doing anything, we need to have the Stock ROM file for the Oppo Reno2 Z. Check out the download link from below.
- The firmware file and installation guide are for the Oppo Reno2 Z only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least in order to skip the occasional shutdown.
- Make sure to take a complete backup without Root of your device data.
- Create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery method.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
Download Required Files:
- Firmware File
- Download SP Flash Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Oppo USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require Download VCOM Drivers | MTK USB Driver and install it.
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Oppo device.
Now, let’s go to the full depth installation guide. Here we have shared the installation guides on both text and video format. Follow it and install the stock ROM on your Oppo Reno2 Z device.Guide to Install Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool
You can also check out our full depth video tutorial as well.Video Guide to Install Stock ROM via SP Flash Tool
You’re done. We assume that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the Stock ROM on Oppo Reno2 Z CPH1945 device. For any queries, do let us know in the comments below.